Show us your Christmas tree!
Jeannie Nguyen
Only 2 days left until Christmas, and we want to see your tree!

Post your Christmas tree photos and tell us which one of your decorations is your favorite.

summilux
OK- someone has to be first. Here is our tree. My favorite ornaments are the angels with the map and the newspaper we brought back from Iceland. It was a priority for my wife to have Christmas ornaments from there- close to the North Pole.
Merry Christmas, everyone!
December 23, 2013 at 9:46pm     
armygirl1987
Here is mine thanks to my nieces putting it together and insisting on the one blue light. Still trying to find a skirt but you get the idea.
December 23, 2013 at 10:15pm     
Nancy S
Here is our tree. I can't say I have a favorite ornament as most of them remind me of something...our (now young adult) children growing up, mementos from vacations, and gifts from friends and family. I also have a pretty big nativity collection, from the fancy Hummel set that I inherited from my grandmother, to ornaments on the tree, ceramic, quilted, tole painted, and even candle holders.
December 23, 2013 at 10:19pm     
jeannierabbitt
This is our tree, new this year. This us our 2nd pre-lit tree, the branches are "dusted" (much more heavily than anticipated) with "snow". I really think over time, some or a lot of the fake snow will just come off. The tree also had pine cones wired to the branches. I decided to use mostly red ornaments, and, of course, all of the special ones we've bought over the years. I get a new ornament from every place I visit, and as our last name is "Rabbitt", I also collect rabbit ornaments, give rabbit ornaments, and try to get at least one new one every year!
December 24, 2013 at 12:16am     
Sharon
This is our tree. Pre-lit, with only red & gold ornaments from my travels and also made with love from my son. The best part is decorating it with him. Only a few hours to go here in Sydney!
December 24, 2013 at 12:26am     
macgrill
Here is my silver living room tree. I have no favorite ornaments on this tree. Sadly, I was robbed years ago and the creeps stole all the boxes from my garage. Imagine their disappointment when they opened them and found nothing but my Christmas ornaments. I'm sure they threw them all in the nearest dumpster, but it was 20 years worth of treasured memories to me. The tree in the family room is red and gold and has my collection of 28 years of the White House Historical Society Christmas ornaments.
December 24, 2013 at 2:09am     
mforr
Here's both of mine :)
December 24, 2013 at 2:58am     
zenbubble
The Christmas tree is decorated the day after Thanksgiving, so I can enjoy all my favorite needlepointed ornaments throughout the Christmas Season
December 24, 2013 at 4:05am     
blrussell
I think every Christmas tree is special and most people have lots of special ornaments. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
December 24, 2013 at 4:10am     
shal1217
Here are mine. We have a real and silver one in our living room (the colours are grey and teal up there) and then a more traditional tree with reds, greens, whites, golds, in the basement.

My favourite ornaments are those that have meaning - our wedding, engagement, new house, first ornaments, etc.

(There is a filter on these obviously - took a screenshot from Instagram)
December 24, 2013 at 5:01am     
shal1217
Oops I meant teal... Stupid autocorrect!
December 24, 2013 at 5:03am   
cbrichards
Every year, my sister in law gives my kids ornaments made by children at St. Jude's hospital. They are special but the ones made by my own kids are special also.
December 24, 2013 at 5:08am     
akward88
Here two of our trees. The lit tree is the story of our life. It's filled with photos. The formal tree is mostly gold and white it has our collection of ornaments from our 25 years together.
December 24, 2013 at 6:35am     
Debbie
Here's ours. I tried to make a bow for the top, but it just didn't work out. The mesh got a little messed up the other day while we were rescuing one of our cats. She got herself so tangled up in the lights we had to cut a branch off with wire cutters to get her untangled.
December 24, 2013 at 6:52am     
elklaker
They are all lovely! Merry Christmas, Houzzers!
December 24, 2013 at 7:09am     
December 24, 2013 at 7:26am     
chookchook2
Merry Christmas!
December 24, 2013 at 7:27am     
pedalva
We have two trees, one in our small living room that is mostly teal, purple and pink, and a smaller one in the den that has more traditional reds, greens and gold. Merry Christmas everyone!!
December 24, 2013 at 7:30am     
Barnhart Gallery
Cannot believe it but life happened the last few weeks and our beautiful little concolor fir we brought home almost three weeks ago still sits in a bucket in the corner of the great room. But sports injuries and broken arms and torn ligaments heal, and cars can be replaced; we are counting our blessings that coming off of a concussion there were no brain injuries for either of my dearest guys. (And guess who's getting a new SUV for Christmas...)

We are expecting a big crowd tonight and in addition to a birthday celebration and sharing our traditional meal of pupu, our guests are offering to help set up and trim the tree.
December 24, 2013 at 7:51am     
achillesj
Here is ours. Our tree tells our story with ornaments from our first married Christmas together (36+ yrs ago) through the years the children grew and made or received their own ornaments! All are treasured memories. Merry Christmas!
December 24, 2013 at 3:49pm     
escolat
My 'Christmas Bush'! Actually it is a Lady Palm strewn with LED lights! A tropical take on the traditional tree. Simple and permanent.
December 24, 2013 at 6:45pm     
jsreams
Hope all of you have a great Christmas!

Living room/bedroom tree:
December 24, 2013 at 8:35pm     
Lori Hansen
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night :)
December 24, 2013 at 8:40pm     
sonjawakefield
Merry Christmas!
December 24, 2013 at 8:44pm     
Grant Ezell
Merry Christmas from St. Louis! Received my first Swarovski ornament this year, now obsessed.
December 24, 2013 at 8:46pm     
frecklegirl
Merry Christmas
December 24, 2013 at 8:47pm     
davej21966
Here is my Radko Tree! :-)
December 24, 2013 at 8:53pm     
Lani Dean
Our little fake tree filled with treasured ornaments
December 24, 2013 at 8:54pm     
Julie Kyriakaki
Red white and silver with modern playfull twists! Favorite piece is always the nutcracker :) merry Xmas
December 24, 2013 at 8:54pm     
Judy
We've had the angel for about 17 years, and each year we "remember" from where all the ornaments came; even the bows. We're your embarrassing neighbors who keep the tree up waaayy too long. LOL
December 24, 2013 at 8:58pm     
plaidpony
We always buy a fresh silver tip and put all of our precious ornaments on whether or not they are pretty. They are all precious and filled with memories. Themed trees are meaningless IMO.
December 24, 2013 at 9:02pm     
Cheryl Fadden
I love Victorian like Christmas trees...
December 24, 2013 at 9:19pm     
claudineengle
Merry Christmas! Love this time of the year! I decorate in every room through the house. Here is my tree and a close up of some ornaments in the living room and the small elves tree in the kitchen.
December 24, 2013 at 9:26pm     
Lynita Brown
Love my cowboy Christmas!
December 24, 2013 at 9:30pm     
ajspear
Our tree. No rhyme or reason to it, just a collection of antique ornaments, ornaments from our childhood, and sentimental ones for our spouse and children. I love the random assortment, with no forethought and no design scheme. Our tree is a higher end artificial tree with 1000+ pre-lit lights with realistic looking boughs and branches. We absolutely love it!
December 24, 2013 at 9:32pm     
texcoasst
My tree is a Coastal Victorian theme to match my house in Padre Island, Texas. Complete with pressed tin & wood scrolled ornaments, starched crocheted snowflakes and angels, boa feathers, seashells and chandelier crystals. My favorites are the cowgirl mermaid and SCUBA Santa
December 24, 2013 at 9:52pm     
texcoasst
Coastal Victorian
December 24, 2013 at 9:54pm     
wstdspace
What a wonderful Christmas!!!
December 24, 2013 at 10:07pm     
solraven
My favorite theme is white lights w/ red decor. My beau came home w/ a poinsettia, so I decided to illuminate that as well. Plus, no decor is complete without a kitty-under-the-tree. :)
December 24, 2013 at 10:59pm     
Ivy Yau
my Gold and silver tree.
December 24, 2013 at 11:09pm     
dianabaniasadi
My tree and decoration is mostly silver and red, simple charm ;))
December 25, 2013 at 12:58am     
winkapot
Both my kids love blue so we went winter wonderland this year. Usually we like to keep things simple around the house but we've been known to go all out for our Holiday decor. Our decor is always a family affair and the star of the show is always our tree. The bigger, shinier or studded ornaments hang from several ornamotions so they spin when we turn the lights on. They really look magical and everyone who comes over loves them.
December 25, 2013 at 2:04am     
lozajames
Merry Christmas everyone, here is our Christmas Tree, I like collecting new decorations for the tree each year. My favourite is the little polar bear, I've attached some cinnamon sticks and dried orange slices too.
December 25, 2013 at 2:12am     
rnsupergirl
My silver and black Christmas tree. I have worked on my decorating style over the last nine years. This is what it evolved into. I have a keepsake tree but this one is my WOW tree. Merry Christmas everyone.
December 25, 2013 at 3:40am     
rnsupergirl
This is a closer shot of the topper
December 25, 2013 at 3:43am     
Snaggy
Merry Christmas ...All the trees look beautiful ( tree envy )
December 25, 2013 at 4:14am     
Karyn Jolink
Merry Christmas
December 25, 2013 at 4:50am     
aiga
Our Christmas tree. This was the first year when it was decorated mostly by our three year old with a little help from parents. The tree is real, decorations - inexpensive - so the main decorator can do his job in stress free environment. Horse has been with us for several years now - we did give it a scarve as a nod to coming "blue horse" year (Chinese calendar)
December 25, 2013 at 5:02am     
printesa
Such beautiful trees! We decorated ours a few days ago as fast as we could. Some fairies made it to out tree (the Woodland fairy and the fairy of hope). Merry Christmas everyone!
December 25, 2013 at 5:44am     
Kelly Molinari
Merry Christmas!!!
December 25, 2013 at 6:08am     
beaulaker
I like how the lights reflect in the concrete floor
December 25, 2013 at 6:09am     
Jacques Chang
My X'mas tree and lovely bookcase w library ladder!!
December 25, 2013 at 6:32am     
Rina
Is this cheating? A tree I drew for a Christmas card a couple of years ago when I was dreaming of the austere landscape of parts of my country. It's very dark, I hope it's visible when posted. All I have in my living room is a branch with two hearts hanging on it, so I suppose there's a minimalist somewhere in me.
December 25, 2013 at 7:54am     
Lily Grujicic
Fun whimsical ornaments! The snowman, holding a little snowman 'masquerade' !
December 25, 2013 at 9:00am     
lucyhomedecor
So many beautiful trees shown. I am having a quiet Christmas this year, no family in town, so I only did two trees & cut way back on the Christmas decor (less to put away next week). For the last few years I have been collecting wine ornaments, what else living in the San Francisco area. So now I have a wine tree that is in the living room. It is done with gold, burgundy & green. In the kitchen I have my Portmeirion tree to go with my Christmas dishes. Next year the family is coming so I will spend weeks decorating. I hope every one has a very Merry Christmas.
December 25, 2013 at 10:14am     
lucyhomedecor
Here is my Portmeirion tree.
December 25, 2013 at 10:19am     
readbetter
I ended up with three trees in my tiny cottage! Happy holidays.
December 25, 2013 at 10:32am     
readbetter
I should have explained more. The living room tree has hand painted birds and animals (I add some every year) and family ancestor pictures in frame ornaments, the guest room tree has waterford crystal seahorses which I've just started to collect to match my beach themed cottage, and the third one is in the desk area of my attic bedroom. It is decorated with fun things like dogs and trains that I have gathered over the year.
December 25, 2013 at 10:59am     
Kimberley Pike
My Christmas tree....White Christmas theme... Merry Christmas to all
December 25, 2013 at 6:23pm     
my1gmail
We usually have two trees. I call the one in the living room the "fancy foo-foo" tree. It is a silver tree with white lights and burgundy, white and silver ornaments. The other tree goes in the family room and is a traditional, real, cut tree with multi-colored lights and all the ornaments we have collected over our 40+ years of marriage. My favorite ornament is one I have had since I was a little girl - a white felt mitten decorated with sequins. Because we recently moved from Ohio to Illinois, we just couldn't get it together enough to put up the second tree, but hope to have it on display next year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!
December 25, 2013 at 6:51pm     
figosmom
Tree in family room. I collect ornaments from when we travel. Have some from Denmark, Colorado, New York, Chicago etc. also clown ornament given to me many years ago from a local artist.
December 25, 2013 at 7:22pm   
figosmom
Oops. Clown ornament
December 25, 2013 at 7:24pm   
nancyann0277a
Merry Christmas to all.
December 25, 2013 at 7:27pm     
justagirlygirl
Thank you all for sharing your beautiful trees!

Here is our little tree - it is potted so we can plant it and enjoy it all year. I had a dilemma with the tree topper, so my husband came up with this. Our tree has lots of bears so he had some climbing to the top - I gave him a hug for that! Merry Christmas!
December 25, 2013 at 8:54pm     
Rina
I can't go through this thread without a big smile on my face. Thank you everyone.
December 25, 2013 at 9:00pm     
okdokegal
No tree. I suppose I could stick a bow on one of the powertools...

Solraven, you have such a handsome purr there...

and such lovely trees everyone, thank you for sharing.
December 25, 2013 at 9:48pm     
Donna Allgaier-Lamberti
LOVE your vintage painted bookcase and its styling onto Houzz.
January 5, 2014 at 8:14am   
oakleyspanky
Kinda late but here is ours.....
January 5, 2014 at 8:44am     
sunnydrew
Here is mine- after the fact. It is slim- pre-lit and filled with my favorite ornaments old and new. Including my hummingbird sent by my older sister in memory of our younger sister whom we lost 1 year ago on the 23rd of December. thanks for letting me share.
January 5, 2014 at 8:53am     
summilux
One last look at this thread before we take ours down- DW is bummed at putting away Xmas.
January 5, 2014 at 9:48am     
heidigrybas
my fresh cut table top tree is my favorite...and any of my ornaments from Nantucket are my favorite because we got married there. :)
January 5, 2014 at 10:00am   
pattikee
White Christmas
January 5, 2014 at 1:23pm   
heidigrybas
Love that! (white christmas, above) My pics didn't post...trying again...
January 5, 2014 at 1:29pm     
Genevieve
Here it is
January 5, 2014 at 3:45pm   
Superhot Tokyo
My red and cream Beautiful tree.
January 5, 2014 at 3:49pm   
Show us your favorite Christmas decor piece!
Do you have a favorite ornament that's been in your...
What makes your Christmas tree?
The focal point of this Christmas tree is this gorgeous...
Does your Christmas Tree have a theme this year?
Are you going for the all blue and white theme, perhaps...
What kind of lights are you putting on your Christmas tree?
We put lights on ours that clip on and look like candles....
How often do you replace everyday flatware?
I noticed that my flatware is on it's last legs. How...
Unplug for the day
Would you ever be able to go throughout your entire...
Help picking finish for kitchen mini pendant lights
My new home is being built and the living room, eating...
Help with a bedroom
We just remodeled this bedroom. I love the bedding...
reducing echo in large spaces ?
We recently moved into our newly built house. I need...