What's your favorite color?
Jeannie Nguyen
What color(s) do you like to decorate with?

Post your favorite colors and share your photos too!

Luv Romantic
Four of the colors of the rainbow. Three of them being primary colors. Blue, Yellow, Red, and Green.
9 Likes   December 23, 2013 at 10:40AM
industrialing
white, white, white, white, and white!
6 Likes   December 23, 2013 at 11:26AM
Ben Moore Palladian blue, if I only get one choice.

22 Likes   December 23, 2013 at 11:32AM
indianpatti
chartreuse is my latest color crush .. just love it!
17 Likes   December 23, 2013 at 11:33AM
condomary
Just like the picture. I have all those colours in my living room, dining room and office. Even my sofa is that colour.
1 Like   December 23, 2013 at 12:07PM
Kari D
My favorite neutral is a warm white-SW steamed milk (that's on most of my downstairs walls). Otherwise, I'm a fan of spa-like blues and greens such as SW hazel (in our bedroom). I think my favorite vibrant color right now, which will be going in my daughter's bathroom, is SW synergy. I also love vibrant fuscias and lime greens as fun accent colors.
4 Likes   December 23, 2013 at 2:28PM
smartin1
Apparently, yellow is my new favorite, although I didn't realize it until I found myself being drawn to it over and over.
6 Likes   December 23, 2013 at 3:41PM
taytay_l0ve
My favorite color is blue, but I love different color combinations when it comes to decorating. I like beige and red, turquoise and silver, gray and green, blue and yellow, beige and brown etc.
1 Like   December 23, 2013 at 4:48PM
bluenan
My user name says it all....blue! I love any shade from blue greens to periwinkle, greyed blues, sky blue and navy. The only shades of blue I'm not fond of are the Chinese and bright royal blues.
5 Likes   December 23, 2013 at 4:57PM
armipeg
Browns, beiges, oranges, reds, yellows, greens, and white.
1 Like   December 23, 2013 at 5:04PM
defever
I seem to be on a red kick right now, although when I'm shopping for quilting material, I find myself drawn to yellow or blue!
1 Like   December 23, 2013 at 5:31PM
bjanna
Purple, decadent and mysterious, in all shades on the warm side.
1 Like   December 23, 2013 at 6:14PM
hayleydaniels
Green and orange. I painted my living room, dining room, kitchen and entryway a dark fern green with each having accent walls of light orange sherbet. They go beautifully together.

I also wear a lot of green and orange any chance I get. I had a lady tell me years ago that I was the only person she'd ever seen who looked good in a bright orange--the color hunters wear for safety vests.
3 Likes   December 23, 2013 at 6:25PM
janeinfo
White........it goes with everything;)
2 Likes   December 23, 2013 at 7:33PM
snowflake22
I love blue, charcoal grey, and deep red.
1 Like   December 24, 2013 at 9:33AM
Barnhart Gallery
Hmm, love them all. I guess for me, it's the magic that happens when I create a family of colors for a space -- one star, two supporting, and a cast of complements. Then taking a supporting cast member and a few others as a star for an adjoining space, and so on.
4 Likes   December 24, 2013 at 10:44AM
momof5x
My hubby and I both love green and it looks absolutely beautiful in a living room or bedroom, it is so calming. I also love blue too!
2 Likes   December 24, 2013 at 11:02AM
armygirl1987
I love orange.
5 Likes   December 24, 2013 at 7:42PM
thedarlingsbecca
I have read that every shade of red can "go with" every other and
have found thus to be true! My favorite shades are a soft rosy red; another red that is not quite terracotta or the color of old clay pots because it has less orange in it; burgundy; and true red. I have many shades of red in my family room with gray carpeting, white, high coved ceilings with lots of warm oak trim, and many good quality antique and newer pieces of warm oak furniture. The adjacent kitchen features oak floors and cabinets, white high ceilings, lots of oak trim in windows and doors, and toile wallpaper (off-white background with rosy-red drawings). The dining room has a chair rail with light gray damask patterned wallpaper on the top half and the rosy-red from the family room on the bottom and the gray carpeting. The living room connects to the family room through pocket doors of warm oak. It too has a high, coved white ceiling, beautiful gray walls, rosy-red fabric couch and darker red chairs with cream wood trim. I never tire of the reds. At Christmas and through the year, I love the look of it!
5 Likes   December 24, 2013 at 9:37PM
okdokegal
Depends on if I'm trying to lighten the place, darken it (so I can sleep), hide dirt/mud/scuffs...

I tend to gravitate towards light colored kitchens, dark floored bathrooms, blues and greens as bathroom accent colors, and white ceilings. So somewhat of a traditionalist....

I have yet to find a floor color that blends with my housepet's food color, and if I take a sample in to match it will still stand out like a sore thumb because they will suddenly 'improve' the brand and change things... that's why I went with all hard surface floors as I'm tired of prayer and woolite in the spraycan.....
2 Likes   December 24, 2013 at 9:52PM
Comforts of Home
Warm Yellow...in a paint it's called Lantern Glow by Olde Century Paints. I stock it in my store. Once people use it they find it so easy to work with and it makes every thing pop.
5 Likes   December 25, 2013 at 4:10AM
quatorze
Whites, pale and oyster greys, charcoal grey, celadon green, clear yellow, apple green, silver and gold as metallics. They all work well together and most are more suggestive of light and it's magic, than colour specifically.
3 Likes   December 25, 2013 at 6:33AM
thickskin
Anything but white. Oh! I forgot. White is not a colour.
2 Likes   December 25, 2013 at 6:34AM
Antonia John
this room is so beautiful I just love it hoping to do something like this in my living room
0 Likes   December 25, 2013 at 8:01AM
modestgoddess79
favorite color is turquoise and my favorite neutral is pale gray. I plan on painting my home pale turquoise and gray. My accent colors will be Kelly green, red, and coral. I plan on using Benjamin Moore Robin's nest or Lido Green and Horizon.
1 Like   December 25, 2013 at 8:03AM
Antonia John
I like shades of green, pink, orange, yellow and purple
1 Like   December 25, 2013 at 8:12AM
axmc
Greys! I love them. They are so versatile. Everything from a purpley grey in the entrance teamed with whites, to a brown/grey in the boys rooms with shiny grey and brushed chrome, to a very pale grey/white in my room with florals and gingham. It can be teamed with any colour so easily but never dictates how it should be used! For furniture I love dark wood, or the Annie Sloan colours are fantastic - duck egg is my fave!
3 Likes   December 25, 2013 at 8:12AM
mmerris22
True Value stunning maiden paint. Grey with touch of purple, giving our old walls new life!
0 Likes   December 25, 2013 at 12:45PM
Ella Broekhuizen
I love cerulean blue, orange, blond oak, with linen and paintings with touches of red, with linen curtains. YAY!
1 Like   December 25, 2013 at 2:13PM
macgrill
Black! Every room needs a touch of black. My family room is black and everyone says it is the coziest room they have ever been in.
0 Likes   December 25, 2013 at 2:33PM
gardenarian
All white walls, with lots of white and cream and gold and pale blue. Dark honey gold wood floors. Brass fixtures. My house gets a lot of sun all day and a pale palette works best.
Rule of thumb: Dark colors for dark room, light colors for bright rooms.
0 Likes   December 25, 2013 at 3:49PM
Tarayn Woodbury
White everywhere with splashes of bold fluoro colours here and there!
The white accents the other colours and creates such a light and airy atmosphere while fluoro colours are different and really pop out at you.
0 Likes   December 25, 2013 at 4:27PM
Daybreak Workroom LLC
Shades (meaning "greyed") of lavender, blue, tourquoise. I also love red, cantaloupe, and pink. I generally dislike tan, khaki, camel.
0 Likes   December 25, 2013 at 4:44PM
bluejeanroy
Like Bluenan you can get a clue from my name. I love blues and use it in several combinations. I am attracted to other colors like pinks, soft greens and purple but blue always makes me feel safe and comfortable.
1 Like   December 25, 2013 at 6:57PM
edithsmom
As I have grown older (thankful for that), I have opted for color in my life...wearing purples, deep roses, deep blues and in my home with favorites of apple green and dusty teal in accents. Gearing up to paint the bedroom walls a deep greeny teal.
4 Likes   December 25, 2013 at 7:40PM
Diane Fairbanks
When I moved to my house this spring, I repainted the whole place, but my favorite color is a new one to me, Applesauce Cake by Pittsburgh, which is a warm butterscotch pudding color, and utterly delicious! It goes so well with my navy couches and burgundy wine draperies, and makes me feel cozy even in this horribly cold weather! I do still enjoy my pastel greens and yellows for the bedrooms and bathrooms, with touches of soft blue, pink, and lavender.
3 Likes   December 25, 2013 at 9:33PM
okdokegal
I take my swatches and a couple of paperclips and go through the paint chips. I can't tell you paint colors, but. I put the paperclip on the one I want on that strip, and no more goof-mixes.

edithsmom; look up the Red Hat Society. I joined them at 43, 'reducated' at 50, and let my bodacious side hang out.

I guess I'll fess up to a soft bluegreen more blue than green as my favorite color... on my walls my next treatment when I get there will be to do a faux finish with varnish and brown paper bags. If done right it looks like leather. I have a stub of an angle by my front door that I will need to do something with after I get through with the front outside wiring and the switched outlet at the bay window; and instead of putting the icky paneling back on that is going to go drywall... so. I will template that piece with cardboard so if the finish doesn't work it won't be TOO bad to redo the drywall.
2 Likes   December 25, 2013 at 9:40PM
Philanthi Koslowski
I love chocolate brown and white. Love the crisp look from the combination. To me, it's timeless and looks can work with splashes of color such as beige, grey, red, teal, pink, even lime green. Very versatile.
4 Likes   December 26, 2013 at 4:56AM
Studio M Interior Design
Black and white stripes are always in season!
2 Likes   December 26, 2013 at 9:05AM
RosemaryR
Orange and all tones of it with splashes to turquoise.
1 Like   December 26, 2013 at 9:12AM
lepstein
I love the yellow of BM Dance de Soleil. Also love my greyed blue in the living room. I love colour, so white, for me is an accent on the trims to set off my colours.

I do love colour, so I have green-blue walls in my bedroom and a lovely lavender toile quilt to go with it.

I'm really tired of the taupes, beiges and greiges, although I do have medium grey walls in one of my bathrooms to go with the old pink fixtures (burgundy wine in the other).

Agree with okedoke that Red Hat Society groups are fun. Even hooked up with one in Maui when two of our group visited.
1 Like   December 26, 2013 at 9:18AM
luzstellaguerrero
me encanta el uva y el amarillo
2 Likes   December 26, 2013 at 12:18PM
armipeg
@Diane Fairbanks I'm looking for the color you described, for my living room. I'll look it up. Thank you.
0 Likes   December 26, 2013 at 7:59PM
Diane Fairbanks
@armipeg--I bought the Pittsburgh paint at Menard's, if that is any help! I also primed the walls with tinted primer--they tinted it free to match the Applesauce Cake color!
0 Likes   December 26, 2013 at 8:53PM
rinqreation
I like most colors, but decorating with them is a whole different story!
0 Likes   December 27, 2013 at 1:36PM
syncope
Love reds, purples, accents of green, orange, turquoise. Love to look at blues but not live with them.
0 Likes   December 27, 2013 at 1:46PM
Mandeville Canyon Design
At this moment I am loving Benjamin Moore's AF 510~ Dragonfly. It is rich, earthy and grounding. I like my rooms to evoke a mood. This color is reminiscent of a forest floor.
Also Ben Moore Caribbean Teal 2123-20. Similar in mood, but a touch more lightweight.
3 Likes   December 27, 2013 at 2:14PM
dstemple1956
For my house, I tend towards creams and taupes (and variations on those themes) with black accents except in my bedroom where everything is creams and off whites with a touch of gold.
0 Likes   December 27, 2013 at 4:12PM
liyatt
brown, beige, turquoise, black, white, silver, light green
0 Likes   December 27, 2013 at 4:32PM
Mandeville Canyon Design
Barnhart, I love that you use theatrical analogies. I do that all the time and it really helps my clients to understand how the production must come together as a whole. Brava!
1 Like   December 27, 2013 at 5:12PM
rosebud3
I'm with bluenan. Blue, blue, blue. Except cobalt and bright royal.
1 Like   December 28, 2013 at 7:15AM
rosebud3
thickskin, I thought the same thing so looked it up. Here are several theories regarding both black and white - black is the absence of color, white is the combination of all colors from one of the answers listed here:
http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-design/are-black-and-white-colors
1 Like   December 28, 2013 at 7:23AM
syncope
thickskin and rosebud3 - You are actually both correct. When you are dealing with light theory, black is the absence of all colors while white is the combination of them. However, in pigments (e.g. paint colors), black is the presence of all colors while white is the absence.

I had this debate years ago with my ex-husband who is a science-oriented man and approached the issue from the light theory point of view. I am a more creative minded person and I had always worked with pigment, so I knew how the pigments worked. Until we were able to understand that the two concepts changed with different media, it was a rather lively discussion.

Both concepts have to be considered in interior design because the designers work to assure that both proper lighting is included as well as the actual pigmented colors. As we all know, lighting can make all the difference in the colors and ambience of the room. One of the many scientific concepts that carry over into our creative design world.
3 Likes   December 28, 2013 at 7:57AM
lepstein
In addition, it is rare in decorating and in fashion to have absolute black and absolute white (just check out the number of samples in either category). White is not white is not white; ditto with black.
3 Likes   December 28, 2013 at 9:22AM
Danya Moriah
This: (Keep in mind my house does not look like this, but it would be a my dream basement decor.)
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 6:53AM
lepstein
elpelicano: Like all of your choices (even the bright one in the right house), except the white walls (usually not my favourite). Also do not like the light in the first picture if I am seeing correctly (feathers). We have a restaurant nearby that has decorated its lounge with ostrich heads (yes, you read that right...the whole head and neck...and, yes, they are real). It turns me right off. Besides, how to keep them properly dusted. I think my overall favourite of your choices is the blue and white (bottom left), even tho' I generally like brighter colours and I did say I don't like white walls. This, however, has the right balance and is fresh and bright.
0 Likes   December 31, 2013 at 8:51AM
Signature Designs Kitchen & Bath
I love Blue in interiors, it feels so tranquil and soothing especially when it is paired with a warm wood as in this Kitchen I designed for home owners who love yachting.
0 Likes   January 2, 2014 at 8:51AM
Traci Summers
I LOVE color and tend towards red, blue, yellow, green. I like to say I decorate with a kindergartner's palette.
0 Likes   January 2, 2014 at 12:02PM
Debra Hopkins
Orange
1 Like   January 5, 2014 at 1:08AM
okdokegal
As long as the colors you're working with aren't dust grey....
"Dust is just a protective flocking." (for all of you with somewhat neglected 'furry' stuff that wasn't a month or more ago)
"If everything is 'flocked' it will all match perfectly, because it's now all the same shade."
(it is TACK-EE to play tic tac toe in the flocking on the coffee table) [here in the dustbowl that can be three days after a serious round with the microfiber and the pledge]
1 Like   January 5, 2014 at 2:17AM
Debra Hopkins
I cant make heads or tails of this comment and Im trying to be polite, what do you mean?
0 Likes   January 5, 2014 at 3:00AM
The colors of autumn have always been my favorites.
1 Like   January 5, 2014 at 3:28AM
Angelique Arnold
I love Teal blues and browns, I found some colorful pillows to go along with..
1 Like   January 5, 2014 at 5:36AM
Laura Hansen
I painted my Kitchen/Dining Room with Asian Pear and an accent of Watercress. The foodie theme was a pure coincidence but it makes me happy just thinking about it. And I love the result.
1 Like   January 5, 2014 at 9:10AM
okdokegal
Debra Hopkins, it's a joke :) In fun. About how despite our best decorating efforts, things sometimes happen. I'm making a major jab at dust collections, that seem to gather all by themselves and very rapidly.

By the way, I think your Christmas tree is just lovely.
1 Like   January 5, 2014 at 9:26AM
Bobbi Anderson
The natural lighting in a room can make a difference in color choice. I like to mix colors my room color in different bases to change the intensity. If given one choice I am a yellow person. I think it helps with grey days in the Pacific Northwest that we have and makes sunny days glow. That being said I have cocoa brown, pale peach, white, sage, and a few in between in my house.
0 Likes   January 5, 2014 at 9:56AM
karen paul interiors
Just found this several days ago. I love these colors together.
4 Likes   January 5, 2014 at 10:03AM
Lynn Babin Fontaine
Tan , brown and blue. I like the calming and relaxing look it creates.
1 Like   January 5, 2014 at 11:05AM
estof
Orange and grey.
0 Likes   January 5, 2014 at 11:59AM
Stuff Deals Does
My two favourite colours to decorate with and wear are duck egg blue and chartreuse
0 Likes   January 8, 2014 at 4:51AM
jdingles
All colors! My previous house was greens, yellows and blues. I never tired of any of it. My new house is oranges, greys and purple.
0 Likes   January 17, 2014 at 7:48AM
Chenhuan Zong
Red and green forever !!( ^_^)/~~~
0 Likes   January 17, 2014 at 7:59AM
Help! Should we paint or stain these cabinets?
We have purchased a house built in 2009. There is honey...
Help I'm obsessed with BEIGE
I feel like my living room is too beige and boring....
Need lighting help for Master Bathroom!!
We are building our first home and just finished electrical....
Should I consider On-Demand hot water?
I'm considering going with an on demand/tankless system...
How to brighten my log home....thinking of painting the logs inside!
http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/11487077/list/My-Houzz--A-Surprisingly-Light-Lakeside-Log-Cabin I...