Home office
merryssa
Hi , i want help to decorate my home office , i think i was drunk when i choose this wallpaper . please help me to decorate it , this is very small room and i choose very dark wallpaper .
thanks
LoobyGuru
I love the wallpaper, but it certainly wouldn't help you to focus on tasks! Light colours and a less busy pattern would be better for a home office. If you like purpley shades then perhaps a soft lilac would be a shade to consider.
3 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 23, 2013 at 3:34PM
Keep the current purple and white color scheme, anything more would make the room busier than the wallpaper.

4 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 23, 2013 at 3:36PM
merryssa
is there anyway to work with it ?? i installed it last month :( , it is not a formal home office , sometime my husband has to work from home (sick , bad weather) so he would use it . not very busy .
    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 3:37PM
abbyjean
Right now it is easy to just focus on the wall paper, which I have to admire!!! Once you get the 'stuff' in there, it will fade in to the background. I agree that white and maybe even black will work as accent colors. Put that shelf on the wall and get your desk in the room and maybe a chair or two and see what it looks like then. OR show us the furniture you have in mind, and we will play with it for you!!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 23, 2013 at 3:39PM
merryssa
i loved the idea of pictures on whole wall , where it should be and
where table ??
    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 3:40PM
abbyjean
Just looking at the shelf again......any way it could turn on the other side? Make it shorter and still get the use out of it? By turning it, it will fill that wall by the window and things can go on top of it then, too. It looks dwarfed by the window now, and maybe flipping it over will help.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 23, 2013 at 3:42PM
merryssa
thanks abbyjean , dytecture and lobby guru for responding .
1 Like    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 3:43PM
merryssa
i ordered a small study table in white and two ghost chairs .
    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 3:45PM
Melanie Hon
Did you finish installing this wallpaper? Something looks odd around the window, baseboards and light switch.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 3:48PM
abbyjean
Then you already knew white was perfect! Find some white frames for art and one more accent color....red? Find art with red and white in it.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 23, 2013 at 3:48PM
merryssa
i turned it , it filled the window wall but also right side wall , so after that there was no place to put any chair( in case other person want to sit there and study) if i would put table on other wall .
    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 3:50PM
merryssa
yes Melanie,i finished installing and it is perfect in person i dont know why it is looking odd in pictures.
    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 3:54PM
merryssa
red ?? ok , it would be great , what about hot pink like in above posted picture ?
    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 3:56PM
Belle Chaise
I think a large white bookshelf or the white framed photos mentioned above would help. Good luck!
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 23, 2013 at 3:58PM
abbyjean
Well, dang, that the shelf will not work turned! And yes, of course, hot pink! What was I thnking.....I know I like red and purple and saw the shark's mouth on your shelf! But the combo in that posted pic is awesome together.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 23, 2013 at 4:04PM
merryssa
these 2 chairs and desk will arrive , what else i need ?? or should i wait to put these first ??
    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 4:23PM
abbyjean
Hot pink pillow for the chairs? A hot pink lamp for the desk? Is there an outlet nearby? White curtains or blinds?
1 Like    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 4:44PM
merryssa
yes there is , i would buy lamp and pillow tomorrow .
    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 4:45PM
abbyjean
Have FUN with the pillow! THAT will make a huge statement.
    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 4:52PM
Exciting Windows! by Stacey Hudson
I totally agree with the white accents! This gives the eye a place to rest! Would love to see hot pink in the room and some drapery would be a nice break from all the purple on that wall. Also, it might be nice to paint the door inside the room to white. As far as window coverings...maybe a nice white sheer so that it is light and airy and doesn't add to all the solid whites you are bringing into the room. It could look really cool if you buy 2 panels of hot pink sheers to be in the middle of the window and then the white sheers across the rest of the window. You could pull the pink sheers in front of the white sheers for a little decoration. Also, could you mount the book case on the wall horizontally and stick your desk under it? That would clear your floor and leave room for walking and with it over the desk you won't hit your head!
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 23, 2013 at 5:00PM
coco1019
Are you finished with the installation? Or does is still need to be smoothed down? It looks like it's overhanging in the baseboard area.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 5:08PM
coco1019
Oh, nevermind. Just saw your response above. Sorry!
    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 5:09PM
curacaoblue
I actually like the print but the seams don't align and it's overhanging on the trim.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 8:20PM
LoobyGuru
I agree that white drapes will look great, extend the pole so they don't obscure the window when open.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 24, 2013 at 2:41AM
uzi abid
i like the wallpaper , it would be subtle with whole decor , i agree with others , stick with white and black and pop of a color (pink , red or yellow )
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 24, 2013 at 7:54AM
merryssa
ok here is desk and i changed the place of shelf now window wall and wall with door is free for some seating.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 10:39AM
merryssa
and i could only find these pillows in pink , i am not very fond of solid pillows , like some fun.
    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 10:57AM
merryssa
and i bought lamps in white . please let me know if they are working ? OMG i got my chairs also , i am so happy , i thought they would arrive after christmas :).
1 Like    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 11:04AM
abbyjean
You have to be sooooo excited to have all the goodies now! Always love it when things arrive early in the mail!!!

Love the fun pillow and the lamps! Just not sure I love the desk blocking the shelves???? It looks crowded and cramped this way with some shelves covered....like it does not fit??
1 Like    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 11:39AM
merryssa
you are absolutely right it looks crowded but i have no other choice , it looks dwarf with window and blocks whole room if placed it horizontally , and as it is upstair i can not put it in any other room :(
    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 11:49AM
merryssa
i think i am good as it is covering only two shelves , lol , or what should be the other way ?
    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 11:53AM
abbyjean
Can the desk fit under the window at all? Or does that totally mess up the closet doors? Then the shelves on the adjacent wall?
    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 12:22PM
abbyjean
OR is there room in the middle of the room for the desk???? Not against a wall at all?
    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 12:23PM
merryssa
No abbyjean , my husband has tried all possible ways , there is no chance in middle of room as room is way too small , do you want me to put picture by placing it in middle ?? i just put the chairs , feed back please ??
1 Like    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 12:35PM
merryssa
..
    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 12:36PM
Sustainable Dwellings
I like everything ok except the artwork. Needs to be even bolder than the paper! I would've chosen teal slipper chairs....
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 24, 2013 at 12:41PM
abbyjean
I like the chairs like that! Guess I had one pictured with the desk and one across from it.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 24, 2013 at 12:43PM
merryssa
where this picture looking ok ??
    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 12:44PM
merryssa
please suggest what should i do know ?? is my desk done ? what i should put over walls ??
    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 1:01PM
merryssa
for some reason i am not liking the ghost chairs with walls but yes with desk , what do you think ??
    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 1:08PM
abbyjean
OK, so the first picture you just posted of the desk and shelves.......is the corner with the chairs and table across the room from it? I think this all might work just fine like that. And for what it is worth.....I like the art work as it has white and black to be accent colors, too. It is a fun piece. I like the ghost chairs together and only seeing the front of the pillows and the white chair is perfect with the white stuff.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 24, 2013 at 1:18PM
sunnydrew
The Lucite chairs are great- don't need cushions on them...it ruins the effect of them being clear.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 24, 2013 at 1:21PM
abbyjean
sunnydrew might have an idea there....wanna show them to us against the wall without a pillow? They are great chairs!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 1:22PM
merryssa
yes chairs are with window and side wall and desk is with corner and door . i am sitting in this room and playing with different stuff and taking pictures, all right here is without pillows ,.
    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 1:50PM
abbyjean
I think I like that.........or even the vase of flowers instead of the lamp? But the lamp totally works, too.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 24, 2013 at 2:09PM
merryssa
so what about this wallpaper ?? eye striking no ?? by looking at room when enter looks empty :( ?? i have white eiffel /duck chairs , would they work ?? or something warm with these chairs ??
    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 2:55PM
LoobyGuru
I love those chairs, and when you move things around or change your decor, they'll always go anywhere and with anything!
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 24, 2013 at 3:32PM
merryssa
what you guys think of it ??
    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 6:32PM
abbyjean
I really like the ghost chairs in this corner best of all. If you do not need the lamp, I like the tall vase of pink there, too, but without the lamp. They seem to fight each other. I like the white shag rug a lot! Very clever way to add color to the wall, too!!!
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 24, 2013 at 6:51PM
merryssa
thanks abbyjean, so now i think i should stick with ghost chairs in this corner. what about walls , is everything working with ghost chairs ??
    Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 7:12PM
abbyjean
I truly do think everything is working with what you have chosen for this special room.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 24, 2013 at 7:25PM
merryssa
and what about the other side ?? should i put anything there ?? thanks abbyjean for your help :) ,
    Bookmark   December 25, 2013 at 4:35AM
uzi abid
good job , but i like ghost chairs more . this art is working, but i think wall gallery is not symmetrical ???
    Bookmark   December 25, 2013 at 8:32AM
carol_perl
You did a great job bringing excitement to the room. I love that corner you created - I do think the small table is a bit crowded though - maybe you can move the lamp over to the white table. Also I really like the arrangement you have on the small table, however the one on the white table isn't as unique. What do you think of these?
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by merryssa    December 25, 2013 at 9:24AM
merryssa
thanks carol , and they are stunning , i specially loved first one.
    Bookmark   December 25, 2013 at 9:39AM
carol_perl
So do I - what a statement but don't you think it might be too big for your space? That's why I thought the second one was more appropriate - or this one. OMG this site has one of a kind arrangements and they are very well priced.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 25, 2013 at 9:48AM
No longer need a Home Office for work, but still need an Office, Help!
My work office was the small bedroom. All previous...
mcholt
I love your entire office! It has inspired me to redo my home office.
Can you please tell me the contact info Jennifer Pacca...
java19
Monday Mixer: Share your Home Office!
Welcome back to another Monday Mixer, Houzzers! Let's...
Jeannie Nguyen
Hoping to avoid monotone home office
Background- I loathe designing and decorating because...
mamahen16
Home office suggestions welcome
We need to replace our original ideas for my husband's...
taramomx3
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
toatsmcgoats
What to hang on my fireplace??
Help!!i bought these paddles but I am not sure that...
ilianakostaki
Old home with little storage space
I'm renting an old home that has very little storage...
Stephanie Millen
Dining room dilemma
We are moving into a new house. It has lovely wood...
stephgraves1
Need Ideas On Lighting
Hello All! We are renovating and need some ideas on...
jb1107