Help- Need kitchen renovation ideas
bigneuf
This is the old 1980s kitchen in my condo, it's time for a renovation. Looking for ideas on what todo with the kitchen cabinets on a budget. Thanks for the help.
Paint eh wooden part a dark gray if there isn't a budget to reface or replace the cabinetry.
December 25, 2013 at 7:30am     
There seems to be some gray in your vinyl pattern, so change the countertop to gray and add a retrofit ceiling fixture with LED spots - a few or a roomful. Focus some on work areas and the the others on cabinet fronts. You could add LED light strips under the cabinets too. Looks like cabinets and stove top are almond, so go for a warm gray with your paint and countertop. Triarch 25614 Milan Brushed Steel Multi Spotlight Modern Kitchen
December 25, 2013 at 7:40am   
hayleydaniels
You could do a new countertop in Formica for about $22 to $30 sq ft with an undermount Karren sink that runs around $400 and put in a tile backsplash for another couple of hundred dollars. I don't think those cabinets can be painted as I think they're a laminate--they might be able to be--you could google it. If not, you could look into refacing them, or just buy the put together cabinets that the big box stores sell that have solid wood doors, and laminate boxes. We bought those years ago when we redid our kitchen, and we like them so much we aren't replacing them with our kitchen reno.
December 25, 2013 at 8:29am   
sstarr
Shop for Ikea cabinets. The relatively small investment will definitely increase your condo's resale value.
December 25, 2013 at 8:40am   
chookchook2
Get a carpenter to make new doors.
December 25, 2013 at 2:25pm   
You didn't say what budget is. You could paint. Using the right kind. Ck with Home Depot or Lows for suggestions. Paint a dark gray. Incl wood trim. If handy could add a couple of plexiglass. Fronts. To give it a more open feel add long 4-6" pulls in brush nickel on side low. This a small kitchen. So won't be expensive if you put in granite. Put in very pale gray base with darker gray and black movement. Backsplash in stainless subway.print wall space a dove gray. There are pkg deals on stainless appl. Make sure you get a counter depth refrig. Floors go faux Carrera, a white with a gray vein though it. So keep all things in same Color tones. It will be beautiful.
December 28, 2013 at 9:16am   
Add above the range microwave. Put toaster oven where micro was. You need to free up counter space. Why dish rack? Just load in dishwasher, turn on when full. You have very little counter space. So keep it cluttered free. No items on top of cabinets. Not needed.
December 28, 2013 at 9:20am   
Replace ceiling light with can lights (recessed) or even cheaper. Track lights in stainless from Ikea. Not expensive and looks great. Hook to light you will remove. Easy to do. DYI.
December 28, 2013 at 9:22am   
The dated electric stove must go. If no gas line. Go cooktop. Very modern looking. Ikea sells.
December 28, 2013 at 9:23am   
Kitchen renovation ideas needed
I really hate the layout of our kitchen. There are...
Need ideas for a kitchen renovation
Our kitchen is bright, with a skylight, different ceiling...
Kitchen/Laundry renovation design ideas needed
My kitchen needs a make over. i want to include the...
Builder Grade to Craftsman Style
I have a pretty plain jane little white house and I...
Help! What rug would work with my patterned curtains?!
Hello! I'm decorating my bedroom and I need to find...
Door and shutter colors for old brick home
Hello. My home was built in 1842. The trim, shutters...
POLL: Do you have an Inspiration Board - Yes or No
Being surrounded by work that inspires is such an important...