Front room needs some new COLOR
Monica Holland
Just moved into a new home and need to get rid of a LOT of pink. Looking for a much beachier vibe. I am going to keep the floor a neutral tone, but want a front door that pops! Room suggestions?
Is the porch your front room? I'm confused. Please comment and use the attach images button to show us the space you're working with.
    Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 1:11PM
happyasaclam
Is this an enclosed porch?
    Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 1:16PM
SW Sea Salt walls with a Marine blue door;) The blue like in the photo's backsplash, rest arrow on pic to enlarge

3 Likes    Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 1:25PM
mefor
Sea salt is gorgeous :)
1 Like    Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 1:27PM
Monica Holland
I love sea salt walls, I may do that on the actual living room to brighten it up! The room in question is actually a closed in front porch/ 3 season room. The insulation will allow us to use it all year. With the wood ceiling I am looking for a neutral sea color/gray for the floor and a blue for the door to POP. Have already removed all the decorations in this room (but kept the wicker & will sand and re-paint rockers).
    Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 2:21PM
grobby
Can you show us a picture without the decorations,and from another angle.
    Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 10:00PM
rpolli
Pretty color suggestions. Perhaps a cottage style rug picking up those colors under the wicker furniture. Maybe replacing pillows with those colors. Some solid, stripe, star fish, crabs, or sea horses. What a fun space :-)
1 Like    Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 10:56PM
lynsayj
I would white wash the ceiling, change the lighting by the door to more nautical, hurricane/storm lamps then do a bright red door.
    Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 12:19AM
I'd be hesitant to paint the brick since it is the exterior of the home. Try the Sea Salt on the ceiling, as blue porch ceilings are traditional, then bleach or paint the floor a soft, driftwood shade. Take the fan and porch lighting in a more nautical direction.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 6:56AM
happyasaclam
I agree with deco. I think it would be a mistake to paint the main exterior of the house. Use the Sea Salt on the ceiling. Wood porches are traditionally painted with a gray paint designed for porches for its durability. Whitewash would be very attractive but will be higher maintainence. I agree with going nautical on the fan and lighting. If you are actually on or near a coastal setting you could continue the nautical theme. Otherwise, all nautical would probably be too much of a good thing :)
    Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 7:30AM
soto01
THE DARK CEILING,WHILE IT IS LOVELY, BRINGS THE CEILING DOWN. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAINT IT, YOU COULD INSTALL WHITE BEAMS ACROSS IT, SO IT LOOKS LIKE THE WOOD IS UP INSIDE THE BEAMS. I WOULD PAINT THE WALLS EITHER A PALE GRAY OR SEA SALT (IT IS A LOVELY COLOR). THEN I WOULD REPAINT THE FLOOR AND ADD TWO MATCHING AREA RUGS (LIGHT GRAY WITH A WHITE PATTERN) OR USE SISAL RUGS TO NEUTRALIZE THE AREA. I WOULD KEEP THE WICKER WHITE BUT ADD A NATURAL WOOD COFFEE TABLE TO KEEP IT LOOKING "BEACHY". ON ONE END I WOULD MAKE A SITTING AREA WITH ONE AREA RUG -- THE OTHER END, I WOULD DO A SMALL DINING AREA WITH NATURAL WOOD TABLE (TO MATCH THE NATURAL WOOD COFFEE TABLE IN THE SITTING AREA) ON A MATCHING AREA RUG. I WOULD ADD SOME NAUTICAL LIGHT FIXTURES AND ACCESSORIES (ACCESSORIES IN CLEAR GLASS BOWLS AND CONTAINERS WITH CANDLES, SHELLS, AND OTHER NATURAL ELEMENTS).
    Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 7:31AM
mefor
Maybe take the caps lock off, always feels like someone is shouting. :)

I have fans like these, great coastal feel.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 7:37AM
happyasaclam
oooohhhhh, those are great, mforr :)
1 Like    Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 7:39AM
So Chic Home Design & Staging, llc
Agree with some of the comments here. For a beach theme, you shouldn't go literal--rather incorporate things that remind you of being near a beach coast - colors such as azure blue , sandy/taupe colors--and maybe incorporate a punch of orange (representing sunset). The fan is a great idea as well on the porch. I'd paint the door a vibrant color with one of your accent colors, incorporate fancy wicker furniture (painted bright white) and add pops of color and pattern with throw pillows and throws, and an fab outdoor rug. Add various lanterns (whitewash and/or oil rubbed bronze) of varying heights (with soft colored candles) for intimate lighting at sunset.
Good luck--and post pix!
H
    Bookmark   Thanked by Monica Holland    December 29, 2013 at 7:54AM
Monica Holland
Awesome insipration, we had a leak in the basement after a harsh rain so that has taken up my time, but within a week or so I should have some updated pictures to post. I should have mentioned this was the listing photo, I since have removed all "items" from the room and am sanding and refinishing the chairs, painting the door, and refinishing the floor with a light bluish grey. Since I grew up on the beach (and am only 4 miles from it in the new home) it wont be a problem to fill it with beach themed items. Thanks again for all the advice!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 30, 2013 at 4:22PM
Go Nautical Collections
Need some nautical theme decorative items? visit http://gonautical.com
    Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 7:52PM
pitbulls
Teal
    Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 8:13PM
Need some ideas to decorate a large living room wall
I am having trouble deciding how to decorate the main...
martex
Would love some advice on how to furnish and arrange my front room.
For a girl who loves to decorate, I'm not very good...
tiffinys
HELP!!! This is my new home and I need some ideas!
I have just purchased this home, new roof next week...
camp0823
Need a new paint color for family room that opens to new kitchen
We would like to keep it neutral and have it compliment...
jojo9
Need some design ideas - new homeowners!
My boyfriend just bought his first house and we need...
klichaj
How to raise the height of my sofa?
I love this funky orange sofa but it's a bit too low....
sid61
How can I decorate a wall above an off-center sofa?
Hello, I’m trying to decorate the wall above the...
hamfighter
what kind of paint to use on faux tin backsplash??
I put up a silver faux tin backsplash and now I would...
jennamsw
Wanting a newer look
I want to change the colour and tile. Any suggestions...
lorifritz
Front Entry
Any ideas on what to put in this front entry, where...
2761gma