Remodeling a bathroom in two phases?
mgf123
Hello! I am wondering if anyone has attempted a bathroom remodel in two phases? If so, have you run into any issues other than it being aesthetically painful for the time between phases?
I'm considering replacing the vanity, flooring, and toilet in the very near future, and the shower area within 6-8 months.
The reason? Take a look at the pictures! I'm chomping at the bit to improve things! I'm not moving any plumbing or electricity in the main area and my budget is modest. The shower area will be much more involved and $$$, so I want to postpone it.
I may order all tile at once in order to ensure its availability. Anything else to consider, or reasons to check my enthusiasm and do it all at once? Thank you!
laurawoz
Yes, I once renovated my bathroom in a condo in two phases. Mine has a tub shower combination so I installed new glass shower doors to make it look more updated initially, but did not retile it until much later. I used white carerra marble for the vanity and floors which worked fine with the old 4x4 white wall tiles until I could afford the $4000 to redo the shower. I sold the place so have no photos. Best of luck with your project. I reaaly can appreciate your wanting to get started. Have fun.
December 26, 2013 at 8:02PM   
Cat Rowe
Save your money and do it all at one time
December 26, 2013 at 8:25PM   
Bathroom remodel, next step tub/ shower phase, need design help!
Wanting a zen feel, walk in bathing space, or at least...
Spanish Ranch to Contemporary in Two Phases
We took a one-story ranch house in Bel-Air, and completely...
Remodeling a foreclosure and are updating two bathrooms.
Both bathrooms are down to the studs. One will have...
Help with new front door!
Not sure if we should go with a faux wood or black...
How to get the look I want for my living room/kitchen
Hello! I am looking for some help with my living...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
Tableless man needs dining table recommendations
I recently bought a loft apartment. Since the apartment...
Circle stains on my new quartzite!
Picture doesn't really do it justice but my new quartzite...