Remodeling a bathroom in two phases?
mgf123
December 26, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hello! I am wondering if anyone has attempted a bathroom remodel in two phases? If so, have you run into any issues other than it being aesthetically painful for the time between phases?
I'm considering replacing the vanity, flooring, and toilet in the very near future, and the shower area within 6-8 months.
The reason? Take a look at the pictures! I'm chomping at the bit to improve things! I'm not moving any plumbing or electricity in the main area and my budget is modest. The shower area will be much more involved and $$$, so I want to postpone it.
I may order all tile at once in order to ensure its availability. Anything else to consider, or reasons to check my enthusiasm and do it all at once? Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
laurawoz
Yes, I once renovated my bathroom in a condo in two phases. Mine has a tub shower combination so I installed new glass shower doors to make it look more updated initially, but did not retile it until much later. I used white carerra marble for the vanity and floors which worked fine with the old 4x4 white wall tiles until I could afford the $4000 to redo the shower. I sold the place so have no photos. Best of luck with your project. I reaaly can appreciate your wanting to get started. Have fun.
December 26, 2013 at 8:02PM   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Cat Rowe
Save your money and do it all at one time
December 26, 2013 at 8:25PM