Murano Glass Chandeliers - would you consider these Organic models?
Murano Art Glass Australia
Murano Glass Chandeliers are not only made in the traditional manner, but the skills of the modern Murano Glass blowers or Maestri no no bounds. We would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on a sample selection of our Organic or Grighori Chandeliers. These are some of the most technically difficult chandeliers to produce as ALL the components need to be made to pain staking exact measurements to ensure that each arm melds seamlessly into the next to create a descending asymmetrical look.

This may be another range of Chandeliers for you to consider when you are performing your next interior decorating project.

Dean
Leslie Savannah Designs
Yes these are definitely organic...they remind me of coral and I think they are stunning. In the vain of Dale Chihuly!
3 Likes   December 26, 2013 at 10:16PM
Murano Art Glass Australia
Hi Leslie. Thanks very much for your kind comment and if we can be of any assistance in supplying you with any of this style of Chandelier, please let me know. They can be customised in any size and combination of colours as per the colour chart below

Dean
0 Likes   December 26, 2013 at 11:55PM
soberg
Do you mean....

...would I consider them to be organic in style? (YES)

OR

...would I consider buying them? (NO)
1 Like   December 27, 2013 at 7:09AM
Murano Art Glass Australia
Hi Soberg and mircoteal. Thanks for your comment and I would like to respond in due course. As a PRO member of the HOUZZ community, there is NO rules or regulations that prevent ANY PRO member from providing information to any fellow member or visiting entity on HOUZZ. This is our right and if you have a problem, please go ahead and speak with HOUZZ but I guarantee you that the response you will receive will be exactly the same. As for being unacceptable, that is your opinion and it is certainly not the view of every other professional or individual I have contacted in this way.

Dean C
CEO
Murano Art Glass Australia
1 Like   December 27, 2013 at 3:36PM
soberg
Hmmm.... I answered your question (after attempting to disambiguate it), giving you my thoughts as you requested, and did not call your post unacceptable. I'm not even calling your response above unacceptable although I imagine after thinking a bit more you'll realize you were hasty in your counter-attack against someone who didn't attack you in the first place.
4 Likes   December 27, 2013 at 4:38PM
Guess I would pass now;( Way to make friends Dean?
2 Likes   December 27, 2013 at 5:05PM
mefor
Speaking harshly to people on houzz, shows up when someone looks into your profile, dean, so perhaps you might like to go back, delete the very rude sounding comment and type something a bit friendlier, unless you're looking to alienate people? And/or potential customers? Not very good marketing.
3 Likes   December 27, 2013 at 5:14PM
okdokegal
Delete fast, someone can cut and paste to quote and you can't touch the repaste.

Organic, yes.
Look like a mess, yes.
Would I want to buy, no.
If someone gave me one would I take it, no.

Objective feedback.
7 Likes   December 27, 2013 at 5:30PM
mefor
Oops, I'll bet that might have happened already. Always better to be polite and take a critique as constructively as possible.
1 Like   December 27, 2013 at 5:34PM
okdokegal
I did not take this as a flat out advert, there was a request for feedback. I already did that.

Quote (edited, two lines clipped out of the main heading blurb):

"We would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on a sample selection of our Organic or Grighori Chandeliers.
This may be another range of Chandeliers for you to consider when you are performing your next interior decorating project."

I can live with this just fine.... it's been interesting to see the products. Maybe Houzz needs to put up a 'featured products' subgroup or some such. I don't know if these sorts of blurbs really do belong in topics like 'Design Dilemma' unless they're being posted in as a possible solution in a reply...
4 Likes   December 27, 2013 at 5:59PM
mom4herkiddos
I'm an ordinary house flipper in Nashville TN and I would love one of those in a contemporary home:)
0 Likes   December 27, 2013 at 8:11PM
sbrustein
I think they are hideous.
2 Likes   December 27, 2013 at 8:31PM
industrialing
@muranoartglassaustralia I apologize for my ignorant comment. I didn't realize request were made for this post.

By the way, beautiful work.
0 Likes   December 28, 2013 at 5:04PM
smartin1
I couldn't see these in my house (they would overwhelm my small space), but I think they would be visually stunning in a restaurant or other commercial space. It's the kind of thing you could decorate an entire space around.
1 Like   December 28, 2013 at 5:51PM
okdokegal
I agree, smartin1, in the right space they could be grand. In the home, they might be out of price, wrong scale, or otherwise not quite fitting for most of the Houzz crowd.

Yes there was a request for some feedback and opinions.

I do see some editing was done.... :)

I have also edited as requested.
1 Like   December 29, 2013 at 12:10AM
Murano Art Glass Australia
Hi Everyone. I want to clear up things right away here as i feel that my comments may have been taken a little out of context.

To member okdokegal, please remove your post about pricing etc above as you have unintentionally infringed on copyright and intellectual property rights of the Maestro Roberto who actually makes these chandeliers and he is he Maestro in charge of the furnace who we represent. The Chandeliers pictured DO NOT belong to murano-chandeliers.com, the images and pricing are NOT our pricing at all and the names you have given each item is NOT their legally registered Trade Mark name. These Chandeliers are internationally copyrighted by the furnace in Venice that produces them. In this case, I would kindly request that you remove this post immediately before I have to take further action as an authorised representative of the furnace concerned. I understand that you may have been looking at this site, but murano-chandeliers.com are just another dealer, they DO NOT own these items and the images DO NOT belong to them at all. I would also suggest that it appears you may be promoting this website and if so, for what purpose?

I just as any other member of the HOUZZ community reserve the right to post legitimately to assist fellow members and the public with the Interior Design needs when it comes to Murano Glass lighting.

If I have offended anybody it was completely unintentional and I apologise. I am merely here to offer our assistance and products to the HOUZZ community as we are without question, the largest supplier of luxury Murano glass lighting in the world and it is a reputation that we guard fiercely.

I am always here to help but okdogegal, please remove this post about names and pricing or I am contractually obliged with the furnace I work with in Venice that is has the international copyright / trademarks on these Chandeliers to report this for their action. I don't want to do this but I simply will not have any choice if it is not removed so I respectfully request again, please remove immediately

Regards

Dean Cato
CEO
1 Like   December 29, 2013 at 12:20AM
maddieemberley
I think they r stunning and would totally buy one if they suited my room
0 Likes   December 29, 2013 at 12:25AM
lynsayj
Think they look like Medusa needs a haircut. Not a fan
1 Like   December 29, 2013 at 1:01AM
Jordan
While the pieces themselves are very unique it's the artistry and the trade that make them beautiful. Last summer when I visited Venice one of my favorite memories was visiting a gallery and watching men glass into art. It's a beautiful skill
0 Likes   December 29, 2013 at 1:03AM
okdokegal
Dean, I wasn't aware of infringement, and I checked this thread today and just seen your note. I hit the 'like' hoping it will tell you that I was here, and did as requested.

The pricing and name guessing was removed.

You may remove your notice then, and I will check back later to remove this.

Houzz does not always let the members know when threads are updated, I had not received anything for this once since before you posted. If I had not checked back on my own; I might not have seen your notice. My apology on it taking so long for the response, but the edit has been done as requested.
3 Likes   Thanked by Murano Art Glass Australia    December 30, 2013 at 8:17PM
okdokegal
Dean, for clarification...

When I first googled... Murano Glass Chandelier, I found that other site, first one that came up on the search. Which I posted. Mostly to show what sort of chandeliers were 'Murano'.

The only reference to a Grighori Murano style when googling, brought me back to Houzz, where I got the link through your profile to your site. The names and prices were from your site. I did not say that the first site had the Grighori merchandise and I did not mean to imply they carried those items. It looks like the Organic Grighori are an exclusive.

For that misunderstanding, I apologize.
1 Like   Thanked by Murano Art Glass Australia    December 30, 2013 at 10:40PM
Murano Art Glass Australia
Hi Okdokegal

May I first begin by thanking you sincerely from removing the post and my intentions in requesting this were not vexatious or confrontational at all so again, I thank you. I trust you and your family have the safest an best New Year for 2014.

When it comes to Murano Glass and the incredible skills that have been handed down over 800 years from father to son, Maestro to Servente and on, I am fiercely protective of the reputation and incredible skill that it takes an apprentice 15 to 20 years to earn the title of Maestro.

I understand that sometimes things may get a little confusing and best intentions may be taken out of context so no hard feelings.

All the best to you and your family for 2014

Dean
1 Like   December 31, 2013 at 1:20PM
bexaliikai
This is the most confusing comments thread I have ever read. I guess everyone edited their original comments and now the conversation makes no sense.

Anyway, I like glass work and think these are great to look at. It would out of place in my home though.
1 Like   December 31, 2013 at 1:36PM
Murano Art Glass Australia
Hi bexalikal. Thanks very much for your comment and objective feedback here. This style is not for everyone and that is the beauty of Murano Glass as there are just so many style to choose from, all customisable to suit any home, room size, location or colour scheme

Dean
1 Like   December 31, 2013 at 1:41PM
mommickey
If someone was going to give me a murano glass chandelier would I take absolutely! Beautiful artwork!
0 Likes   December 31, 2013 at 5:31PM
armipeg
Sorry but hey look ugly and creepy. I wouldn't use them if they gave me a million bucks.
0 Likes   January 2, 2014 at 12:13AM
okdokegal
Dean,

Thank you for your wishes for a good 2014. I shall wish you and yours, likewise. Happy holidays.
1 Like   January 2, 2014 at 1:06AM
chookchook2
Hubby pointed out the problem would be how to dust. They are not my cup of tea. I like Murano's simpler vases and ornaments.
0 Likes   January 2, 2014 at 1:48AM
Need to fit five kids in this room
Need to fit five kids in this room. Two 13yrs olds...
happycl8
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
licksch
Who's my candidate?
I'm so so ready to decorate someone house!! I live...
Erica Heard
Decorate my full bathroom
The theme------the "BEACH" I AM ON A BUDGET!! ALL IDEAS...
Kim Penna-Good