Need help choosing hardwood stain
Bhargav Jani
Hello,
Happy Holidays! I need your opinion about hardwood stain for my new kitchen. Should I leave it as is or stain floor? We would love to have dark stain but it won't go well with the dark cabinets. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Minnesota Cabinets, INC
You could do almost anything. A grey, white wash, lighter shade of brown would look great. All that matters is that you have contrast.
December 27, 2013 at 1:01pm     
Scott Design, Inc.
December 27, 2013 at 1:24pm     
mcbriec
A grey stain would go nicely with the counters and would contrast with the cabinets.
December 27, 2013 at 1:32pm   
Bhargav Jani
Thank you!
December 27, 2013 at 1:39pm   
Design Details
Scott's ideas are great! An all-over stain often goes on unevenly and looks artificial. Adding a second tone or a border adds a touch of class. I've seen the coffee cabinets/white tops/brown floor so many times I can hardly tell one kitchen from another. A dark grey could work but I'd stay away from the pickled whitewash look.
December 27, 2013 at 1:46pm        Thanked by Bhargav Jani
Affordable Quality Lighting
I love Scott Design's suggestion. The patterns are a great way to pull in warmer tones with your hardwood with visual interest. The layout of your kitchen is beautiful, do you plan on putting decorative pieces above your cabinets? I'd put in some LED tape light along the top and bottom of your cabinets to highlight the art above your cabinets and have great task lighting for your countertops. http://www.affordablequalitylighting.com/outdoor-lighting/led-outdoor-lights/led-step-deck-lights/led-tape-light-kit-ledaqt-55-30/
December 27, 2013 at 1:48pm      Thanked by Bhargav Jani
Adrian J. Naquin Interior Design L.L.C.
i would suggest you consider a med. stain for the floors (Minwax Sedona Red) to add warmth and act as a foil to the dark wood cabinets , ( stenciled border or strips as suggested in Scott's Madrona residence, but be careful to maintain a small scale detail or room may visually shrink) I think it was also be important to add some color to the walls the stark white and dark cabinets contrast is not working to your advantage, perhaps a warm grey with some depth or a muted golden color with a molted effect ( faux finish). Adding some pilasters to "end or frame" the kitchen as a separate rm, could also help.
December 27, 2013 at 1:54pm        Thanked by Bhargav Jani
Michael Lee, Inc
consider a color a bit lighter than your cabinetry. If you try darker the room will look way too dark!
December 27, 2013 at 1:58pm   
tennisanyone
Something lighter. The contrast will be nice without a pattern which you will tire of in a few years. Keep it simple.
December 27, 2013 at 2:01pm   
Bhargav Jani
Thank you everyone! You guys are such a great help. I am first time home buyer so appreciate if you can also let me know Minwax stain color for Grey. I see there are more than one Grey shades available.
December 27, 2013 at 2:03pm   
Artistic Renovations of Ohio LLC
Minwax Charcoal Grey would work the best the others are too blue that will clash with the cabinets
December 27, 2013 at 2:36pm        Thanked by Bhargav Jani
Need help choosing hardwood floor stain color
We are having our hardwood floors refinished next week...
need help choosing hardwood!!!
We are to select the color of the stain for hardwood....
Need help choosing hardwood floor.
I posted a few minutes ago but didn't see my post so...
Need help choosing hardwood floor. Color, area rugs etc. Thanks!
I have a light oak in foyer now. We wish to replace...
I need help choosing hardwood flooring.
I would like to receive recommendations based on your...
Choppy co-oop floor plan
How do you design living room given small space and...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Smart thermostat?
Hi again....can anyone recommend a smart thermostat?...
Need help badly!!
Driving my self crazy trying to pick lamps out for...
I am lost. Please help with this room...
I feel like the couches need to be centered because...