Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edubya

Have you spotted any snowmen?

Emily H
10 years ago
Has the snow fallen where you are? Is your neighborhood or maybe your own yard populated with snowmen?

Tell us! (Photos encouraged)

Timber Block Log Home Photos · More Info

Comments (42)

• leslie179
    10 years ago
    This was out front of my house last week. My birch tree was covered in ice and snow.
    Emily H thanked leslie179
  • Emily H
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    beautiful!
  • Anne
    10 years ago
    No big snowfall yet. Can't wait to see a winter wonderland!
  • cocook
    10 years ago
    Tons of snow here in Nova Scotia but no snowmen around!
  • alessiann
    10 years ago
    Our little 6 year old neighbor said he was building a village of "Walking Snow-Dead".
  • alessiann
    10 years ago
    Another picture.... every year my daughter makes a miniature snowman on our deck railing... I used this on a photo book cover.
  • Kalev Valgma
    10 years ago
    Had snow few weeks ago in Ohio
  • Kalev Valgma
    10 years ago
    Akron,Ohio
  • billolga
    10 years ago
    oklahoma city, just enough snow for this little guy
  • Mj Dav
    10 years ago
    This is what minus 30 degrees C looks like in Saskatchewan, Canada. Beautiful but cold.
  • Sam Hill
    10 years ago
    Probably won't see snow (if at all) till the new year. Last year, it melted two days before my birthday. Ughhhhhh!!!
  • lorriefisher
    10 years ago
    We had snow here in the NW corner of WA State the week before Christmas.
    My sons tell me it was a "snow zigurat".
  • Kari D
    10 years ago
    Went sledding yesterday and some of the kids decided that making snowmen was more fun than dragging the sleds back up the hill.
  • mmalmiva
    10 years ago
    No snow yet, only rain and about 41F... and I am writing to you from Scandinavia
  • mickisue
    10 years ago
    It's currently -10F and dropping. Yesterday and Friday, it was above freezing. We've had plenty of snow.

This was two Saturdays ago, looking at the lights in St Paul.
  • susita1
    10 years ago
    Just wanted to say Thanks to all the houzzers for sharing your beautiful photos of snow.
    For someone who has always wanted to have a "White Christmas" but cannot due to having summer in Australia instead. It is very nice to see such lovely photos.
  • 13908str
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Built this chilly fellow toward the end of what seemed to be an ENDLESS winter a couple of years ago in Mentor, Ohio. The sun finally came out and he went the way of all 'Frostys', but not until he was photographed and giggled at by many passers-by who were all too tired of winter here in NE Ohio, as well!
  • cabingirl13
    10 years ago
    plenty of snow but it's been dry snow...not wet snow. Too darn cold too (-15) brrrrr!
  • shorttail
    10 years ago
    Up here in Northern Ontario, near Wawa on the north east corner of Lake Superior, winter is well underway! Tonight is -31, feels like -38 with the windchill, but it is soooo gorgeous - the snow is white and sparkly, but a little too crunchy to pack into a snowman! The sky is twinkling, and the snow is glistening... and we have alot of it already...lots of great skiing this year.
  • Pam
    10 years ago
    Shorttail....does -38 feel different than -31?? LOL!
  • PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    10 years ago
    Answer for pam4626: Yes. There is a big difference between -38 ( -36 F) and -31 Celsius (-24 F). I know that sounds silly, but it is the same as "is there a difference between 84 F and 96 F? Yep. There is :-)
  • Pam
    10 years ago
    Cancork ~ You're right...there IS a difference. It's just that when it gets THAT cold, can you really feel the difference?? brrrrrrrr :-)) (and this coming from Oklahoma! tee hee)
  • Tanya H
    10 years ago
    Unusually warm here in Croatia (south central Europe)!
  • shorttail
    10 years ago
    All I can say is, that when you get those really strong winds and brutal wind chills, skin freezes really quick, and even eyeballs feel sad! When I lived up in the far North(Inuvik), everyone tried to stay in when the windchill got above -45; it is pretty dangerous, and NOT fun. Everything seizes up, and even the animals hide! We x-country ski in -40, but no matter what you wear(especially on your face and hands) you are always glad for the wood stove and hot drink when you get back in. The extreme cold makes for some gorgeous clear nights(or is it the other way around!?!!) Could not live without winter: the best season ever!
  • mickisue
    10 years ago
    We've had an unusually cold December in the Twin Cities. We always get below 0F temps in the weather, down to about -28F at some point, but we've had sustained cold early this year. Usually it's coldest around the middle and end of January. We're in the middle of a Windchill Advisory. It's about -12F temps, but the wind chills are going as low as -30F. And, as shirttail says, there IS a big difference in the perceived temps.

Even so, people are incredibly stupid. I was leaving the mall last evening, the wind was gusting as high as 30 MPH, and the air temp was -2F. I passed a young couple, walking in from the parking lot, with a beautiful little girl in a ponytail. A ponytail, a lightweight winter jacket, no hat and no mittens. GAH. Loving your child means making them dress appropriately for the weather, people!
  • roz boz
    10 years ago
    Thanks everyone for the snow postings, little chance of a white Christmas down under Australia. But it gives me a buzz to imagine yours! Keep thinking I must do a house swap for a white Christmas and maybe a Canadian family could enjoy Christmast on the beach.....
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    10 years ago
    Happy holidays to Australia, and all...
  • Aiga
    10 years ago
    We had just a few days of snow this year so far, but last year we had a few snow-creatures in our backyard :)

(Snow people are from last year: snowy landscape from December' 2013)
  • Anne
    10 years ago
    A couple of days ago I was wishing for a winter wonderland. We'll, I'm getting one tonight! We're in the beginning of a blizzard here in southeastern Massachusetts. Everything looks beautiful but I can't help wondering how many times we'll have to go out and shovel! The pictures were taken from the deck. When this is all done, then I should have all the snow I need for many snowmen!
  • PRO
    Linda
    10 years ago
    It's only the 2nd of January and I'm ready for spring. This photo is from last week...we're in the Chicago suburbs and had the pleasure of shoveling out from another 10 inches today. Predicted low around -11 tonight.

Does anybody want to buy a house? I'll even throw in the snowblower
  • Anne
    10 years ago
    Blizzard could have been worse. It's extremely cold but everything outside looks beautiful and wintry! Between finishing Christmas clean up and shoveling, need a very long nap! Time for some hot chocolate!
  • decoratinglady5
    10 years ago
    I want Spring!!!!Am I asking for too much?? Enough snow already.
  • cabingirl13
    10 years ago
    Agreed decoratinglady5!
  • bwenk
    10 years ago
    Yup we are having snowpalloza here
  • mickisue
    10 years ago
    Not a lot of snow in the past few days--too cold for that. Even with a birdbath heater, there are big icicles on the birdbath!
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    10 years ago
    Aww, thanks from the birds mickisue.
  • mickisue
    10 years ago
    You are very welcome! But don't thank me. My husband had "bird feeder heater" on his wish list for Christmas. My son and his GF got this one for him, and husband is the one who trudges outside in the severe cold with a bucket of water, morning after morning, to fill it.

The squirrels think it's pretty sweet, too. :)
  • FeelsLike Heaven
    10 years ago
    We got some snow in the Poconos but nothing compared to some parts of the country
  • condomary
    10 years ago
    Lots of snow, and ice
  • rosecottagehome
    10 years ago
    Back yard skating rink anyone? Making the best of an ice storm in Toronto Canada.
  • 13908str
    10 years ago
    I always had fantasies of doing this when I was a kid....the City of East Cleveland built an ice rink in the '50s, though, and saved me the trouble. Especially fortunate since our backyard in those days was probably smaller than our bedroom is today! LOL!