Upgrading to a king bed...

msvanekDecember 27, 2013
I'm upgrading our queen bed to a king, new furniture, duvet, whole nine yards. Any suggestions on websites, color schemes, room arrangement. Looking to go darker with the tuscan style... Master bedroom has a walk in closet and 1/2 bath. Thank you!
HomeRefiner LLC
Hi there,

As a start, it be best to browse through Pinterest for existing decors you may like. Create your own Pinterest board and save any of your favorite styles. I'd say, do it in several rounds. First just save really anything you like, that images that makes you go 'oh, wow!' and only when you have quite a few designs on there, start eliminating. Or make notes for yourself in the comments about what you like or not in a particular images. You might for example love the bed but could never see yourself living with a particular dresser.

Having a place where you save images as a start, will help you translate the idea that you have in your head into a clearer visual . It will also help you to stay focused on the overall style you are looking for and thus make an educated decision preventing you to buy furniture that might look nice in the shop but not within the overall design of your room.

Feel free to browse my design boards on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/Homerefiner/bedrooms/ for design inspiration!

All the best!

Elfya
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 7:55AM
leelee
Be careful not to "over Tuscan" your room. Too many scrolly decorative items will detract instead of add to your look.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 8:18AM
Denita
Also you can start with a search here on Houzz in the photos section for inspiration.
http://www.houzz.com/tuscan-style-bedrooms
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 8:33AM
industrialing
Try making it a bit modern and tuscan. White and warm earthy tones- to keep balance.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 8:52AM
HomeScapes San Diego
You might stay with the lighter walls and go darker on the furniture and accessories. I agree that starting a Pinterest board with things you love and an Ideabook on Houzz should really help. A beautiful headboard you like, side tables and a lighter lamp with art you love over the bed would be a good start. When I stage a home I always start with a piece of art I like and take the colors from that - I love the photos I'm seeing on Houzz where some of the beds are made up with several flat stacked pillows, exposed tucked sheets and then turned down duvets folded over at the foot of the bed with some height. Good luck - looking forward to seeing what you do!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 9:07AM
msvanek
Thank you for the great ideas. All are helpful. I like the modern/tuscan combo and will build on it. I'm also a fan of the pavilion beige wall color with dark furniture and accents.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 9:34AM
denquestioner
I am doing the same thing. Feeling overwhelmed and my theme is seaside but beyond that, I have no idea. Good suggestions which I will use!
    Bookmark   December 28, 2014 at 2:55PM
Bedside table lamp ratio to king size bed?
I recently upgraded to a king sized bed with headboard...
hannahrscott
Help make my bedroom a beautiful room!
I will add a few more pics
crimsonky
Irregular room shape dilemma!!
We are getting rid of the furniture in the bedroom...
Jason and Chanelle
How can I make a king size bed work?
I currently have a queen size bed and want to upgrade...
mrsdspeter
Help with Vignettes
Hi everyone, am trying to do a couple of vignettes...
rr24
Colors for the kitchen
Need help coming up with the colors for the kitchen...
Amy Pennington
Starting over and overwhelmed
We are replacing all windows, siding and roof. We...
pdilligan
Can these old 70s/80s brown doors be painted?
I have a whackload of those old wood look dark brown...
allymrtn
Outdated Vanity/Bathroom Advice
Wondering how to tie in new vanity with old tile? ...
whamilton