Working around electric baseboard radiators
Fabulous Finds
December 28, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We have electric baseboard radiators that run the entire perimeter of our home office. They extend 3-4 inches from the wall and are about 8 inches high, making it impossible to push furniture up against the wall. Floating a desk or chairs off the wall is easy, but because its an office, we want to use book cases and file cabinets. Changing the radiators is not an option. I'm looking for ideas that would work with our 1888 farmhouse and our farmhouse/cottage-y décor.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
pafarmhouse
Wall mounted shelves for books seems like part of the solution. Just make sure they are attached to the studs or use suitable wall anchors. I live in a stone 1870s farmhouse and I know that attaching things to exterior walls requires a bit of work! I don't know what you can do for file cabinets except find some attractive ones and float them. Is there any way to place them back-to-back and use them as a room divider or screen in any way? Wooden file cabinets would certainly look better than metal with your stated style. Around here, almost any large antiques mall has old oak filing cabinets for sale. We have one in our home office as a matter of fact.
December 28, 2013 at 8:11am      Thanked by Fabulous Finds