Working around electric baseboard radiators
Fabulous Finds
We have electric baseboard radiators that run the entire perimeter of our home office. They extend 3-4 inches from the wall and are about 8 inches high, making it impossible to push furniture up against the wall. Floating a desk or chairs off the wall is easy, but because its an office, we want to use book cases and file cabinets. Changing the radiators is not an option. I'm looking for ideas that would work with our 1888 farmhouse and our farmhouse/cottage-y décor.
pafarmhouse
Wall mounted shelves for books seems like part of the solution. Just make sure they are attached to the studs or use suitable wall anchors. I live in a stone 1870s farmhouse and I know that attaching things to exterior walls requires a bit of work! I don't know what you can do for file cabinets except find some attractive ones and float them. Is there any way to place them back-to-back and use them as a room divider or screen in any way? Wooden file cabinets would certainly look better than metal with your stated style. Around here, almost any large antiques mall has old oak filing cabinets for sale. We have one in our home office as a matter of fact.
December 28, 2013 at 8:11am      Thanked by Fabulous Finds
How to work around baseboard heater
To build a library in my home, I'd like to have maple...
Working around baseboard heaters and air conditioning units
Nasty baseboard heaters that project about 4" from...
Where is the towel radiator from? Is it electric?
Where is the towel radiator from? Is it electric?...
HELP THIS ROOM PLEASE!
This room is all wrong. I was obsessed with this zebra...
Need help for new exterior paint color
My husband built this A Frame in the 70's and we are...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
Any help for my room? Thanks!!!
Hi, I'm hannah, I am going to be a junior this year...
No door on our bathroom! How would you add one?
The house we're buying has a master bathroom with no...