Need help with tub filler on stone wall!
vivalicious
This is a Sketchup drawing of our master bath reno. I've selected a stacked atone for the feature wall and would like to have a simple wall mounted waterfall fixture similar to the one I've indicated here. Trouble is I can't find a good one without spending over $1000 and having to import it from Europe. So I need the filler and I also need to know how to install on jagged stacked stone wall. Help!
These are expensive - even in Europe. Look for john whipple a pro,houzzer. He will be able to give you,good,advice on both points.
0 Likes   Thanked by vivalicious    December 28, 2013 at 11:52AM
saratogaswizzlestick
That looks great. I am confused that your rock wall seems to be in front of a feature window. What do you have back there?
0 Likes   Thanked by vivalicious    December 28, 2013 at 12:03PM
It looks like a shower-head, so I assume this is a dividing wall for both features. Always great to see adventurous design.
1 Like   December 28, 2013 at 12:08PM
saratogaswizzlestick
Lot of nice details like the TV, square sink and lights mounted in the mirror. I am sure you are right ASVINTERIOS, that must be a shower.
1 Like   December 28, 2013 at 12:11PM
vivalicious
I'm loving all the feedback. I'm attaching a before picture. @saratogaswizzlestick - yes we are somewhat covering a feature window that brings in light, but has no view. The bottom edge of the window is 6'4" above the floor. We are adding a new window along the left side of the room.
0 Likes   December 28, 2013 at 12:24PM
Amy Stokes
Before you get totally set on that faucet design, get some of the rock tile you are planning to use and see how it reacts to water. These faucets have a tendency to splash and the spout can look corroded in a very short time if you don't have good water. It's a beautiful design, but it will still look so after actual use. Another option is a tub mounted faucet. MTI makes some in their designer series that allow you to mount a faucet on the edge, or even to have a fill spout integrated into the side of the tub.
1 Like   Thanked by vivalicious    December 28, 2013 at 12:53PM
Michael Kilpatrick Design
When budgets start to push you in certain directions I find that it is often the best idea to go for a simplified version of the plan. So keep the stone wall, but use a floor mounted tub filler. If you search around you can probably find a "waterfall" version that will have some of the same effect as the wall mounted waterfall unit. Here is one example, but it isn't, unfortunately under $1000.
http://www.kitchenandbathwarehouse.com/kascade-floor-mounted-tub-filler-with-hand-shower-ptf802-2.html

You have done a great job with Sketchup. Shows your design off really well.
0 Likes   Thanked by vivalicious    December 28, 2013 at 1:27PM
Travis Robert Renovations
Looks great... A quality and patient installer will be able to work the stone in order to get the filler to sit right on the irregular stone face. It wil be a nice feature. Happy Renovating!
0 Likes   Thanked by vivalicious    December 28, 2013 at 1:28PM
vivalicious
@ Amy Stokes - thanks for the heads up on the splash factor. I'm starting to seriously consider using a standing tub filler. This wall mount idea is a challenge!

Here's a view of the design from the entrance of the bathroom.
0 Likes   December 28, 2013 at 1:29PM
Michael Kilpatrick Design
One more note. These units are typically installed first or come with a tiling shroud so that the tile or stone can be cut and brought up square TO the trim of the waterfall unit. It would be highly unusual for the fixture to sit on top of the stone or tile in the same way that a trim plate would over a standard shower fixture.
0 Likes   Thanked by vivalicious    December 28, 2013 at 1:42PM
vivalicious
@ saratogaswizzlestick - yes it is a shower back there. I can capture a view of it if it would be helpful.
0 Likes   December 28, 2013 at 3:30PM
TMK Remodeling
Kholer makes a round one for not too much $$$
0 Likes   Thanked by vivalicious    December 28, 2013 at 3:37PM
TMK Remodeling
Kohler DOH!
0 Likes   December 28, 2013 at 3:38PM
Do you believe that some houses have "bad energy?"
Do you believe that there is just something about some...
How should I update this Kitchen??
The decor is from previous owners. What should be the...
buying my first house, need to change the colour.
I am looking to improve the look of my house. not sure...
If you found a $100 bill right now, what would you buy for your home?
It's just enough for some paint, maybe a small accent...