Help with bathroom and very low windows
Salvatore Vassallo
Hi There,
Wanted to see the opinion of more experienced houzz users. I am having a house built as you can see from the pic the 2 windows are really low. this is the master bathroom. Its 3.08 mts for 3.32. I am not sure how to use the windows at my advantage since the bathroom should have both a tub and shower (separate).
Any tip?
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
It would be helpful to know the layout of the bathroom and the size of the room. Also, I can't tell how tall the windows are from the photo.......Can a person stand up next to the window without hitting their head......?
   Thanked by Salvatore Vassallo    January 1, 2014 at 3:27AM
Salvatore Vassallo
Thanks. The room measures 3.08 by 3.32 (3.32 being the side with the windows) the ywindows are 60 cm by 1 m├ęter high. Yes you can stand near the window without hitting your head. Any idea is appreciated. I am also thinking to block out one of the 2 windows and have a roof one instead. What do you think?
   January 1, 2014 at 4:05AM
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
I would not block out a window.... I would use a vinyl casement window with obscure glass.
One window would be over the tub and the other would be in the shower...
   Thanked by Salvatore Vassallo    January 1, 2014 at 4:29AM
Salvatore Vassallo
The problem here is the window is about 30cm from the floor thus making them quite useless in my opinion. Don't u think?
   January 1, 2014 at 5:05AM
Rachelle Plantagenet
Can you put the vanity between the two windows, the bath along the wall we can see on the right and then a large walk in shower on the left wall (if there is a wall on the left?). Hard to know without seeing the plan and not knowing where the door is but it looks spacious enough to accomodate everything you need as well as having two beautiful windows.
   Thanked by Salvatore Vassallo    January 1, 2014 at 5:34AM
Kitchen Liberty
Maybe put your shower in the corner. Use a frosted (etched) or obscure glass and shower with natural daylight. Use a high friction floor tile in the shower. You can build a wall for the plumbing a meter or so off the roofline wall. Plumbing for shower slidebar on 1 side and for sink on the other side. Use more etched glass to the left and for a glass entry door on the right. If you want a 2nd vanity sink hang a mirror assembly from the ceiling or between 2 posts. She gets window side and you get shower entry side for instance. Windows are wonderful, I'd keep them. See www.KitchenLiberty.com for example of floating mirror his and hers sinks.
   Thanked by Salvatore Vassallo    January 1, 2014 at 7:25AM
Salvatore Vassallo
thanks alot to all. I attach the floor plan (mind you, you will see the sizes but the fact that the wardrobe and the bathroom are now one thing, only a bathroom) plus I attach 2 ideas I have. My main issue is the the windows are only about 30 cm from the floor and their size is 60*100 cm. does it look silly to have a window 30 cm from the floor and up to 1.3 meter high???
   January 1, 2014 at 8:00AM
Rachelle Plantagenet
Can you move the door to the centre of the wall it is on now and make it sliding? Then you can utilise the space in the top corner as well (cupboard for towels, extra shampoo etc). Maybe invest in some nice shutters, full length or cafe style depending on your privacy needs. Goodluck :)
   Thanked by Salvatore Vassallo    January 1, 2014 at 8:31AM
scotmama
From what I could see of the area you are building your house in, it's looks like there are no neighboring homes. I would put the bathtub under one window, and I would use blinds on the window that go from the bottom of the window up. If no one is outside when using the tub just leave the blinds alone so you can see out. If privacy is an issue, you could open the top half of the window and leave the bottom part covered. It is lovely to be able to lay in a tub and look outside.
Also, looking at your plan, there doesn't appear to be much counter space around your two sinks. I would expand the length as it is always nice to have more counter space.
   Thanked by Salvatore Vassallo    January 1, 2014 at 8:40AM
Salvatore Vassallo
@rachelle..thanks. Unfortunately I cannot move the door.
@scotmama, good idea. The area is quite empty now but the plots are being sold quickly so one day I will have a neighbour. For counter space it was left intentionally this way, I hate my messy bathroom sinks. Did you understand that the windows are 30cm from the floor?
   January 1, 2014 at 8:47AM
Need help for a very narrow kitchen with very low windows
I have a small kitchen with 3 windows - one is above...
need help with light fixtures modern house with very low ceilings
need to find a light fixture for my bedroom modern....
Need help for my kitchen in a very low budget
As a newly married couple we just bought our sarter...
Need help. Green carpet apartment.
I recently moved into an apartment with my sister....
Need Help: creating home office for two
We have a bonus room we use for an office, but it's...
Master bedroom and bath needs an updating.
This is a master bed and bath in a 1948 home in bad...
Hardwood Selection
Need your help to select hardwood for complete renovation...
Best Eames Reproduction
As an initial note, I am only interested in a new quality...