Need help with orange bedroom ideas!
Katie Brouwers
Hello!
I have painted my bedroom with one wall (Aurora Orange; Behr paints) as an accent wall. The remaining walls are painted in Behr's 'Maramalade'. I did so in attempt to create a happy, brighter and warmer environment (pics attached - still a work in progress!)
Only problem; I don't know where to go from here - what colours would look best? Decoration wise, bed set colour wise, drapes colour wise, etc. I like the idea of a light green, and white to go with it. Can't figure out if a green bed set and white drapes would look nice or vice versa, or different colours altogether!
Please help; I am the worst at this! Thank you!! :)
abbyjean
Well, you are soooo right....this does make a happy looking room. Good for you! I love the white with it and am wondering about using a teal in here, too?
December 29, 2013 at 3:03PM      Thanked by Katie Brouwers
Matt Patterson Custom Homes
I would stick with creams and blacks.
December 29, 2013 at 3:07PM      Thanked by Katie Brouwers
Katie Brouwers
Thanks so much! :) That sounds like a nice combination for sure; I can picture white drapes, teal decorations? I know I will want to buy a few vases and flowers from Ikea so I definitely want a nice popping colour for that - teal may be a perfect decor colour!
December 29, 2013 at 3:09PM   
abbyjean
Soooo many ways to go here.........I can see white drapes and white bedding working with black furniture. Then add in the teal with pillows and art and vases.
December 29, 2013 at 3:13PM     
Sorry, creams and blacks will look like Hallowe'en. All shades of brown, however...now we're talking luscious: MDVN
Architecta Interiors
Guest bedroom
December 29, 2013 at 3:14PM     
Lynn Bliss
I'd stay away from black. Cream is good. Tans. I prefer soothing, calming colors for a bedroom.... use your teals and brighter colors only as accents.
December 29, 2013 at 3:22PM   
Scott Design, Inc.
A couple of palettes to start you on your way
December 29, 2013 at 3:27PM     
December 29, 2013 at 3:30PM     
anne dee
the colour scheme taken from the bedding in this inspiration pic would look nice with your colour walls
December 29, 2013 at 3:39PM     
Julie Smart Koob, REALTOR
How about Chicago Maroon? Go HOKIES, LOL!
December 29, 2013 at 4:50PM   
Vicki Bauer
Katie, I love love love those colors! If I were decorating with those colors, I would let flowers be my inspiration. However, maybe you prefer graphic designs or solids or prints. Will this be your bedroom? What color is your furniture? Is it painted or a wood color?
December 29, 2013 at 7:40PM     
jenjayde
Try charcoal grey instead of black; black accents might channel Halloween. Small doses of teal, with lots of grey and white will be more soothing for a bedroom.
Just my 2 cents
December 29, 2013 at 7:51PM   
anapants
White would look good with this. Maybe not green though. Try to stay away from black because then you will get into Halloween colors
December 29, 2013 at 8:14PM     
Exciting Windows! by Stacey Hudson
I like navy with orange as well.
December 29, 2013 at 8:20PM   
HI -- I think natural linen drapes would look more classy and also linen looking bedding ,all with some crisp white sheets - then you can add your teal accents . If you get too many colors going in the room your just going to go to tackyville .
December 29, 2013 at 9:13PM     
barnandbungalow
Good for you for going for the color! With so much on the walls, I would go with neutrals--a mix of whites, creams, greige, and you can have some black here and there.

A little pop of color, like turquoise or blue is okay, but I think too many colors will make it seem like a kids room.

I think someone mentioned IKEA, and they have a lot of orange. There is a chair that I think you must have. I will post it in a sec.

Barn & Bungalow
barnandbungalow.com
December 29, 2013 at 9:36PM   
homefor36years
my bedroom is more Salmon colored but I went with white and gray. I have since gotten rid of the mini blinds and put up faux wood blinds and taken down the drapes and rods for a much cleaner look.
December 29, 2013 at 9:59PM     
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
outdoor bench
i am looking for a great outdoor bench L-shape design....
Help furnish living room in new construction
I am general contractor and sister of homeowner in...
What color will you NEVER find in your house?
It's usually pretty easy to tell the colors that people...