Need help with a master bath Re-do!
rebekahmethvin
Hi friends! I am stuck! I want to change up my colors in my bathroom. Currently the walls are BM Berkshire beige, the ceiling is BM Texas leather and the vanities are black. I have been looking in the revere pewter gray family. I am ready for a change. The ceilings are 12 ft. Hoping to keep the tile and update paint colors and vanities! All opinions are greatly appreciated!! thanks so much!!
hollyjade88
I think everything looks great. I would add different hard wear to your vanity. Something silver or just lighter than it is. Put a different mirror above the vanity or just frame the one you have now. Add a chandelier above the tub and you'll be set :)
0 Likes   Thanked by rebekahmethvin    December 29, 2013 at 8:10PM
Cat Rowe
I think your wall colour and vanity does not go with your tile. I do not think gray is the answer.
0 Likes   Thanked by rebekahmethvin    December 29, 2013 at 8:14PM
rebekahmethvin
Thanks for y'all's advice! What color do you think I should go with for wall color and vanity? It's hard to tell in the pic, but the tile is called noce porcelain and edged in travertine 4x4 squares. All this in the shower as well. As far as the chandler, think I should do something bigger and dressier? Thanks so much!
0 Likes   December 29, 2013 at 8:19PM
Cat Rowe
A lighter tone of the Noche for your walls. Then change the vanity to either cream or stained walnut. Can you paint the existing vanities cream? Or strip and stain?
.
0 Likes   Thanked by rebekahmethvin    December 29, 2013 at 8:22PM
rebekahmethvin
I can definitely paint the vanities, do you have any color suggestions? Also for the walls and ceiling? I think it needs lightening up as well, I just can't decide what would look best! I have also thought about replacing countertops as the ones now Re just white cultures marble. Thank you all for your help! Thank you!
0 Likes   December 29, 2013 at 8:27PM
sbrustein
Why not distress the vanities and add a plain black knob? Then get a granite ro silestone with browns and black in it ? I would paint a pale goldfish tone . I had my black vanity distressed and I took off the shiny knobs. I like it so much more now.
0 Likes   Thanked by rebekahmethvin    December 29, 2013 at 8:45PM
sbrustein
Goldish not goldfish ( stupid autocorrect)
0 Likes   December 29, 2013 at 8:46PM
rebekahmethvin
thanks so much! I am going to replace the chandelier to something bigger, and then would like to lighten up the walls and vanity...searching for that perfect color if anyone knows of one for the walls, trim, ceilings and cabinets
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 7:51AM
rebekahmethvin
This might be a better pic of vanity and tile color. The current color is Berkshire beige but I want something lighter
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 11:28AM
hollyjade88
Ok I think a light mint green would be perfect!! If your not trying to change the vanity I thinks you should add a strip of glass
Tile above the vanity and get one big silver mirror! Like this picture for the tile and wall color!! And add a cute distressed box of necessitates like cotton balls, qtips like this picture
1 Like   December 30, 2013 at 11:37AM
hollyjade88
Here's some more inspiration
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 11:38AM
rebekahmethvin
Thanks @hollyjade88! There are actually 2 vanities in the bathroom just like this. I don't mind painting or changing countertops, just don't want to have new vanities made! Do you think I should have 1 big mirror over each one?
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 12:01PM
hollyjade88
Yes I think one big mirror over each would look good!! If you don't mind painting I would paint them white but that's my personal preference. They look good as is!! Of money isn't a factor a white granite counter would look amazing with a strip of glass tile! I just love light bathrooms though!!
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 1:29PM
hollyjade88
I'm sure the things on the counters have places
To go but if not I would get a storage to out under the sink and it has helped me to get baskets to put in my closet for all my stuff!! You have lots of counter space so maybe out a basket of rolled up white towels also
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 1:32PM
hollyjade88
This for the wall colors with white trim
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 1:35PM
rebekahmethvin
@hollyjade88 I love your thoughts!! Thank you for your advice!!! I love the light green, but not sure it would go with the rest of the decor in my bedroom as it is in light neutral. Do you have any suggestions on a nice wall color if I changed the cabinets to white?
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 2:30PM
hollyjade88
As long as you can't see it from your
Room and you have a door on the bathroom I don't think it matters!! You could do a light blue it goes with tan!! I painted my bathroom a mint color and the rest of my house is tan and the bathroom is MY FAVORITE it just makes me
Happy to go in there haha. Light spa blue would be nice too
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 2:38PM
armygirl1987
An aqua color might go well. I would also change out the mirror. Too many items on top of vanity.
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 2:50PM
hollyjade88
And this was before!! So much more bright and fun
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 2:51PM
fos5
Appears you have a lot of warm beige/brown in the flor and wall tiles. Have you considered making a statement by painting the walls a metalic copper. Add a small orangey, black or dark brown multi color oriental rug in front of vanity, or where you enter the bath room. Add towels the dark color of your vanity (not sure what it is) black or brown ? Remove the picture on right wall of vanity and replace it with a reproduction painting of florals or people as the subject matter, with the darker colors and a frame the same color as vanity. So many squares in the room adding more radial balance as in the top of the window will soften the room. The hanging light fixture over the tub could also be changed to one a little bigger in crystal, on a dimmer ofcourse.
1 Like   Thanked by rebekahmethvin    December 30, 2013 at 3:17PM
rebekahmethvin
Thanks for all your suggestions!! I can't wait to finish if up and post pics!! What do y'all think about painting the walls and ceiling either white down or grant or beige and doing the trim and cabinets simply white? Still don't know what to do with countertops, but Definetley taking all your suggestions on the mirror situation! Here is a pic of the chandeil I am looking at. The current one is
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 6:19PM
rebekahmethvin
Is on a dimmer, but too small for my taste!! Suggestions and comments welcome!
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 6:20PM
rebekahmethvin
That was supposed to be grant or clay beige
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 6:20PM
sstarr
I think the vanities blend well with the tile. You could get a lot of design mileage out of putting in updated light fixtures and door pulls.
The greige walls, while very pretty, are already too cool for your floor tile; and so painting them grey would be going in the wrong direction. Hitting a complementary green tone would be positive, but I would stay away from mint, and head more for sage.
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 6:26PM
rebekahmethvin
Thank you all so much!! I value each of your opinion!! I LOVE @hollyjade88 bathroom makeover in green. However, green is not my personal favorite, really hoping to get some neutral suggestions with this tile! Either light ran or neural, please let me know the colors you would use for wall, ceiling and trim! Thanks?!!
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 8:34PM
rebekahmethvin
And the vanities are normally cleared off, I just snapped a picture after a normal day! Ha!
0 Likes   December 30, 2013 at 9:09PM
sstarr
Then perhaps I would go for a cream color...
1 Like   December 31, 2013 at 5:20AM
trebinje
BM Grant Beige with BM Simply White trim is a lovely combo, I use it often. Not sure it will give you the change you're hoping for, as your current color is similar to Grant Beige, at least on my monitor (Grant being a couple shades lighter and having a green undertone).

Also consider BM Edgecomb Gray, which is more tan than gray (also having a green undertone).

Your biggest challenge is to get the undertones right in this space.
0 Likes   December 31, 2013 at 7:21AM
candies1
check out the 2014 color trends tomorrow and go from there!
0 Likes   December 31, 2013 at 7:50AM
rebekahmethvin
Thank y'all ever so much! I agree it's do hard to pick out the right color when undertones are key! To give you a better idea of wall color, it's bm Berkshire beige if grant beige works, what would you suggest for the ceiling?
0 Likes   December 31, 2013 at 10:49AM
Need advice on re-doing my master bath
High ceiling has me scared - I don't like the wallpaper...
Master bath and closets need a serious re-do!
An OK shower is connected to a small garden tub----would...
Need to re-do horrible master bedroom - help!
I hate the duvet set, think the walls are the wrong...
Need help with bath re-do
I found a tile that looks like slate - gray's/green's/gold....
need help on re doing my master bath
We have a jet tub in our master bath we don't use in...
What to do with this space?.
It's supposed to be second dining room but we don't...
What dining chairs go best with my new table?
I just had this table and bench custom made and I need...
Elevation
Need help for front elevation
What would you do on this wall?
Need wall opinions. Rest of room looking good, not...