Picking my kitchen back splash.
parish2
My husband and I are building a house and we have black distressed kitchen cabinets with black granite (actally called silver wave but mostly black). Our builder is giving the option of either having ivory tumbled stone or noce tumbled stone. Our floor is tile called trevi grey. What do you recommend for the back splash?
Cancork Floor Inc.
I would want to see a colour that closely matches the silvering in the counter top...if you want a strong compliment to the counter tops. If that is not possible, then you will want to work with something that can compliment the flooring.

Some photos of the options would be great.
December 30, 2013 at 12:57pm   
Staged for Perfection
Please post pictures. I think you should pick a contrasting color that would also go with the floor. Sounds like there is a lot of black,
December 30, 2013 at 1:01pm   
parish2
here is the kitchen. it is unfinished but gives a good idea. they cabinets havent been clear coated and the trim is also black with grey walls. and the tile is attached also.
December 30, 2013 at 1:31pm   
dclostboy
I would really want to go with something lighter and shinier that would reflect light in the room....maybe a iridescent glass or mother of pearl mosaic
December 30, 2013 at 1:34pm     
December 30, 2013 at 1:37pm        Thanked by parish2
parish2
my builder is ONLY giving me those 2 options. we have already pd wayyy to much in "extras" so this is a decisions between those to only. it does not show in this picture but the whole right side of the kichen is windows and walks into the living area that is also windows and will have can lights as well as 4 hanging pendents that are a redish/maroon color over the bar.
December 30, 2013 at 1:37pm   
I would go with a glossy white subway tile;)
December 30, 2013 at 1:37pm   
mkmort
Or this one.

December 30, 2013 at 1:38pm   
It is such a small amount of tile from what I can see. Your builder should be happy with white subway tile as it should be cheaper than the tumbled.
December 30, 2013 at 1:39pm     
mkmort
Go with the ivory. The noce is more tan and will compete with your granite.
December 30, 2013 at 1:40pm     
December 30, 2013 at 1:45pm   
Staged for Perfection
Your kitchen is going to be so dull if you add more grey. Also the beigy color does not work for me. If you are spending a ton of money on your kitchen make it work. You should pick an extremely light color.
December 30, 2013 at 1:50pm     
parish2
guess no one is a fan of my taste! ha thanks for the input.
December 30, 2013 at 1:52pm   
Cancork Floor Inc.
With the choices you have I would love to see the backsplash in the grayer colour to the Right (the left is too creamy...doesn't work for what you are going for). The floor and the terrazo on the right seem to work very well together. The silver in the counter top works very well with the gray in the floor tiles.

The terrazo on the right is going to 'do it' for you. JMHO. It really works for me - of the options given to you. I hope this helps.
December 30, 2013 at 2:00pm     
mkmort
If the only two options are ivory or noce tumbled stone. Go with the ivory. So will the cabinets be a shiny black?
December 30, 2013 at 2:01pm   
mkmort
Is the tumbled on the right the ivory?
December 30, 2013 at 2:04pm   
parish2
actually both of the tumbled stones are noce. it is just that it is a natural stone so they are not all exact same.
December 30, 2013 at 2:06pm   
indianpatti
Between the 2, I would go with the ivory.
December 30, 2013 at 2:09pm   
Tap N Tile
We have a beautiful 1x4 glass mosaic that comes in loads of different colors & finishes. I highly Recommend the Cortona color.
-Priscilla
Tap 'N' Tile
626.405.0098
December 30, 2013 at 2:10pm     
emory
I like your kitchen. If you are truly limited to these two choices, go with noce. It's a nice rich color. Be aware that when Trav is installed and filled somewhat and sealed it will change the color a little. I do like the subway tile idea too if that's a possibility but if not the noce will be beautiful.
December 30, 2013 at 6:58pm   
parish2
ok here are a few pics that show a little more. the kitchen is the bottom left pic, the top right is the granite with the noce tumbled stone and the tile at the bottom of the cabinets
(they had it covered so couldnt get a big picture but you can refer the the one at the beginning of this disscussion) on the right of each pic it has different kinds of the tumbled stone. the 1st pic has the noce and the 2nd has the ivory. im leaning towards the ivory just for the fact i want a contrast between the black cabinets and black granite and then it will pull the cream color out of the tile to make a "brighter" look. Opinions??
December 31, 2013 at 6:51am     
Yes, go as bright as you can;)
December 31, 2013 at 6:54am   
I am picking out my back splash for my kitchen.
I have honed White Fantasy granite (gray with white...
Trying to pick back splash for the kitchen.
Dark wood floors, medium oak cabinets and granite that...
Need Help Picking Back Splash for Kitchen and Designer in Chicago
We are in a bit of a dilema. We chose cabinets that...
Help with family room accent pieces and furniture placement
We recently moved in and repainted the walls and ordered...
NEW HOME.....BLANK SLATE!
We recently moved in and am ready to decorate! I have...
New Home - Living Room
I need Help! The Living Room photo is of our new home....
Need help with Juliet balcony remodel
We have a French door and Juliet balcony over our front...
Knotty Pine Breakfast Nightmare
What to do with the walls in our breakfast room. The...