Is there something you miss from your former kitchen?
sarabeth2
In your new remodeled kitchen (or one you are about to install) is there something you sacrificed and 'left behind', but kind of miss now? Mine is going to be this magnetic strip attached at the end of kitchen cabinet, right above the sink. Every time I do the dishes and put my knives on this magnet strip, soooo handy, I know I will really miss it in my new kitchen, being installed in February. But I don't want to 'deface' my lovely new wood cabinetry, so I will sacrifice this convenient little knife storage strip. Oh and also, no more on-the-counter dish drainer rack, that I never put away. The counter will be too beautiful to put this 30 year friend out on it! See photos:
rredpenn
I miss my big, bad kitchen with the huge walk in pantry, the double convection ovens and the big Dacor 6 burner gas cooktop with its effective overhead vent. Gave all that up for a downsized kitchen with one tiny Easy-Bake oven (24"? really?) and a good-for-nothing downdraft unit with its good-for-nothing glass cooktop. Can't wait to tackle this little kitchen!
December 30, 2013 at 1:18pm   
athomeeileen
I lost a corner appliance garage when I put granite in. I stuffed every bit of countertop clutter in there. It was great.
December 30, 2013 at 1:20pm        Thanked by sarabeth2
jc07
Rustic ceiling beams we had made from an old barn being torn down. They were beautiful and I loved my copper pots hanging from them.
December 30, 2013 at 5:21pm   
Kevin Strader
Oh yes, I miss my spice drawer that would fall out of the track every time you opened it, the slide out shelf that you had to sit down and put your back against the peninsula to push it closed with your legs, the peninsula that interrupted the traffic flow in the space, the drawers that were constantly coming apart, the doors that wouldn't stay closed, the over the range microwave that constantly recirculated greasy air . . . the . . . well you get the picture. LOL There's not a single thing that I miss about our old kitchen.
December 30, 2013 at 5:23pm     
raineycarole
I miss the big window overlooking the backyard
December 30, 2013 at 6:57pm   
POLL: Best Home Security System?
Everyone wants to make sure their home and family is...
Confusion regarding Delta Shower Faucet Valve and Trim Kits?
Delta has a lot of nice stuff but they make it a bit...
Pros and Cons - Apartments vs. Houses
Have you lived in both an apartment and a house? What...
Did I make the right call?
I have added new backsplash. In my eyes I believe...
How to achieve a classic/ elegant/ chic decor ( key pieces)
Please, help me to decor/ furnish my living room.