Exterior paint color
sarakmorris
We are going to put our house up for sale soon but need to change the exterior paint color. Any suggestion for colors that would also go with the reddish brown roof?
Anne
I quite like the colour it is now. It goes well with all the beautiful trees around your house. It's a forest dwelling.
December 30, 2013 at 7:25pm     
eyeheartdancing
A light sage green?
December 30, 2013 at 7:25pm     
anapants
I like the color now but maybe a lighter tan
December 30, 2013 at 7:29pm   
chookchook2
Ask all the realtors in your area what buyers are looking for. If no clear trend emerges leave the siding alone. It's just market research.
December 30, 2013 at 7:31pm     
Denita
I agree that your current color is nice. You would see quite a bit of difference if you had the front door color pop and the frames around the windows. Take a look at this inspiration photo below as an idea

December 30, 2013 at 7:33pm        Thanked by sarakmorris
mcbriec
I like the current color, but I agree with eyeheart and think a light sage green would appeal to more buyers as the present color is on the heavy side.
December 30, 2013 at 7:43pm   
1citykitty
i agree. leave it or go sage green.
December 30, 2013 at 7:49pm   
Denita
mcbriec, do you mean something along these lines for color?

December 30, 2013 at 7:50pm   
auntiebuzzybee
Is your house currently STAINED cedar? Has you porch and railing been stained? There is no view of your porch deck. I know it would involve more than the painting you asked about, therefore perhaps not budgeted BUT I think enlarging your porch to extend across front windows to the left, extending the roof to make a larger area for greeting and visiting. I think an olive gray stain/paint would be very nice on the body of your house with a sunflower gold color on your door. For a trim color, I'd like a charcoal color.
December 30, 2013 at 7:52pm      Thanked by sarakmorris
Sisu Painting Inc
Brown looks pretty in the trees, but it would be nice to change it up a bit. What about Sherwin William's Sawdust? A door color - Olympic Range 7750 perhaps? I'd stay away from light colors because your windows have dark frames.
auntiebuzzybee
To clarify, if your house is NOT painted yet, I would not paint. I would restain.
December 30, 2013 at 7:56pm     
automatikj
where is this lovely house? (One can dream)
Please take this as an indication that the current color is on the right track, although I second the idea of a more contrasting trim around the windows.
December 30, 2013 at 8:22pm   
Sisu Painting Inc
Bsellers is correct. Use a stain if it's currently stained. You can pick any color in a solid color stain. I'd stay away from semi-transparent because you'd need to strip and brighten and I don't think you'd get a return on investment. investment.
December 30, 2013 at 8:32pm   
sarakmorris
Thank you everyone for your help. It is painted, not stained, and there is a screened in porch across the back. I will attach a picture (which also has lattice work that needs to be redone). We were thinking a Benjamin Moore Tate Olive for the siding, BM Camouflage for the trim, and BM Onondaga Clay for the door. Would that work? automatikj- the house is in Marietta, GA
December 31, 2013 at 6:18am     
intoit
Like the current color, but would like to see an earthy red trim to brighten it up a bit.
December 31, 2013 at 6:23am      Thanked by sarakmorris
Furniture arrangement ideas for living room
I have a living room that is 13x16 in a trilevel house....
Living room furniture, rug and colors?!
I'm trying to work out what to do in this room. The...
Pallaidan Window (House built 1994)
I would like to get rid of my palladian windows, add...
Ugly bed dilemma
My in-laws gave us their old bed frame to use in our...