katstan
January 24, 2012 in Photo Questions
What is the maintenance like with a copper sink. I love this sink but would like to know what is involved with keeping it beautiful.
katstan
Never mind, there is alot of info out there on care for these.
January 29, 2012 at 9:24am   
Design Moe Kitchen & Bath / Heather Moe designer
Sorry it has taken me so long to answer your question. As I mentioned in previous posts about this kitchen and others, the sink is by Masterpiece Sinks. We used Masterpiece because instead of a "live" (ie, changing) surface on their metal patina sinks, they have a "lifetime" finish that is guaranteed not to change for 10 years. Our experience with them so far has been up and down: up because the finishes generally seem to last, down because the quality of the construction seems somewhat mediocre (top edges of sinks has been dented and uneven at receipt) and the quality of the construction process has been spotty (we have twice received the wrong apron design after waiting 4 weeks for manufacture). In addition we have had one finish failure, in which the metal surface coating of the inside of the sink wore off around the drain. In that case Masterpiece replaced the sink promptly, but the "remove & replace" installation work was a considerable headache, and it cost me $400-$500 for labor.
September 28, 2012 at 7:54pm     
katstan
Thanks for the response. Sorry to hear you have had troubles. We ordered ours from coppersinksonline, and although we have not yet installed it, it seems really beautifully made. 14 gauge and hammered all over, it weighs a small ton, I suppose that is a good thing.
September 28, 2012 at 8:37pm     
Hi Katstan, thanks for your comment. Maybe they've tightened up their production procedures and have taken care of the issues we ran into. I would like to keep specifying their sinks because they are truly beautiful, and I love all the great apron patterns they offer. I'm sure your sink will work out great for you. Enjoy!
September 28, 2012 at 8:59pm     
Need Help to Liven Up The Red Brick Ranch
OK, I need to repaint the front door and shutters....
Trying to match previously stained YELLOW knotty pine doors to Alder.
We have beautifully, previously stained knotty pine...
please help to choose granite countertops for oak cabinets
We are thinking to put on emerald pearl granite vs...
Vessel Sink
What are the advantages/disadvantages of a vessel sink?...
Knotty alder cabinets are having blotchy stain appearance, help.
We applied different Sherwin William stains to our...