Is Mirrored film on windows outdated?
lucykrDecember 30, 2013
Good Evening dear creators! It was only after we installed new kitchen with granite countertop, I was able to see that bright side light entering the kitchen through the window and ...shows all the issues/ epoxy dots and etc. on our new granite countertop... Oh. I keep curtains closed all days long, and keep looking for solution. One solution I see is to keep curtains closed all the time and install the skylights so light will be coming from the top and hopefully not showing issues. Another idea is to install window antiglare one way mirrored privacy film. Please, tell me what do you think about this window film? Is it outdated? Which brand to buy may be you know? Or may be another idea? Thank you so much. And Happy New Year to everybody!
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
I would not recommend mirrored window film.........
Instead, why don't you think about window shades in a grass cloth that allows some light to filter through into the room..........
3 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by lucykr    December 30, 2013 at 11:21PM
lucykr
Thank you for the idea for me to try! My countertop is salmon pinkish brown. Could you please give me an example what grass cloth looks like? Is it color greyish -green? Or type of fabric? Thank you again!
    Bookmark   December 30, 2013 at 11:32PM
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
It's a natural looking woven material... I would suggest a light or medium brown shade which will allow light to filter into your kitchen and will look good with your salmon countertops.... I am not able to download examples right now since I am not on my computer, but try googling "grass cloth shades" to see examples. You should be able to mail order them if you don't have a local distributor. Companies that sell them are Hunter Douglas and 3Day Blinds as well as many others depending on where you are located.
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by lucykr    December 31, 2013 at 12:26AM
armipeg
I agree with Lampert Dias Architects. Go with shades.
    Bookmark   Thanked by lucykr    December 31, 2013 at 1:19AM
2dogssashatess
Mirrored window film is dreadful. One of my friends has it at his place.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by lucykr    December 31, 2013 at 2:06AM
lucykr
OK, I think I like bottom folded ones. Will they survive every day adjustments up and down? Or I keep them covering half the window, and use curtains for privacy?
    Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 11:01AM
SOLARIS
Mirrored window film is technology that still works fine but doesn't have the look of our newer tech films. You can achieve glare reduction, fade protection and energy efficiency with a minimal change in appearance. Visit www.vista-films.com to find a professional near you.

Covering your existing windows and adding skylights seems like an expensive way to keep some light in your space. I imagine getting control of the glare with a medium range film will let you keep your view and save a ton of money.
    Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 6:36AM
POLL: Do you use window film?
Do you use film on your window to provide sun protection,...
Need to redo the fireplace! So outdated. Help please!
Should we paint the brick? Or cover it? What colors...
hellotara
My dark and outdated rental needs help
We have lived in our rented home for five years now...
Tamara Karge-McAnally
Need help with a very outdated powder room.
I would like to update this outdated powder room. ...
mpal13
Very small outdated bathroom.
I have a very small half bath off my kitchen. This...
Carol Lang
Chair dilemma.
Here's another good example of our interior design...
VANGUARD development
Space to the left of the stairs
We are in the middle of renovations and have framed...
ruthieagibson
side table advice
Hi there! I'm looking for side tables that would blend...
Sarah
Need advices on new home remodeling
Just bought a 50+ years old house. Want to modify the...
judien
Need colour inspiration for updated living room
Last summer we put new laminate in, painted our walls,...
Brandy