What can I do so that this area flows?
scrawford728
My kitchen, breakfast room, family room and sunroom are all connected. I have a bar the cuts into the sunroom. I would like the space to flow together but not sure what furniture to buy and how to use what we currently have without it feeling cluttered in the family room or having too many dining spaces.
scrawford728
Here's some photos.
December 31, 2013 at 7:34pm   
scrawford728
Here's the floorplan for the area and the first floor. We have a formal dining room and living room too.
December 31, 2013 at 7:35pm   
scrawford728
We also tried this layout in the family room but it still feels cluttered.
December 31, 2013 at 7:41pm   
Wow. You have a lot of space. My inclination, when I first saw the breakfast area and even stronger when I saw the floor plan, is to put some jazzy bar stools at the kitchen counter and to leave the rest of that area bare. It reads more as a passageway to the family room and sun room than as a room of its own.

Then I would furnish the sunroom with plenty of tables and chairs for casual eating and coffee. That, your dining room, and bar stools give you plenty of options for eating.

Hard to address the family room layout without pictures of all the walls.
December 31, 2013 at 8:05pm     
But I will address one thing in the family room: your TV is way too high. Is there another wall it can go on? From your plan, it looks like the wall to the right of the fireplace would be perfect.

Here is a recent discussion that addresses this: http://www.houzz.com/discussions/785876/Should-I-put-a-TV-over-my-fireplace-mantel-
December 31, 2013 at 8:08pm     
Like so:
December 31, 2013 at 8:26pm     
m3459
I like your living area arrangement with sofas flanking the fireplace. Looks great. If you want the breakfast area to be a dining area, then a round table will make the traffic flow better. How do you envision the sunroom being used? Could you make that your dining area maybe?
December 31, 2013 at 8:40pm     
scrawford728
@groveraxle
Thank you. I have previously thought similarly and kept it open, but if feels very bare. The oversized plants are a great idea.
As for the family room, I agree the the tv is too high. The wall to the right is a full wall and perfect; I'm just not sure how to place furniture in the room without using that wall or blocking the fireplace.
January 1, 2014 at 7:04am   
scrawford728
@m3459
I like both ideas...round table and using the sunroom for dining. This is our first house, so wasn't sure how to use the space.
This is our family's primary eating/sitting area and it's used when we entertain guests.
Maybe a banquette would work with a round table; that way I can leave the other floor space open.
January 1, 2014 at 7:12am   
scrawford728
@groveraxle
We also placed the tv above the fireplace so it is visible from the kitchen.
January 1, 2014 at 7:13am   
Do you have a piano at home?
If so, where have you placed it? Have you found just...
White ash woodfloor or brown plzzzz help!
Hi! We have a medium size apartment, having a hard...
Need Laundry Room Solutions & Color Advice! Please! :)
I have two separate issues: First is my laundry...
Kitchen splashback
Hi all please refer to houzz.com And scroll down to...
Fireplace dilemma!!
Fireplace stone staying as it's original to house from...