Need help!!
Kim Nedberg
January 1, 2014
This is a bar room that we have begun to remodel. We just replaced the outside wall and had new windows installed. I have some ideas what I'd like to do but having a hard time deciding on flooring and colors. We are going to go with a laminate floor; the two choices I've narrowed it down to are either an Armstrong Canyon Slate or darker rustic wood look with larger plank style. The paneling will be covered or painted and I would like to do one of the walls in a valspar brilliant metals. Contractor suggested a golden leather look paneling for the new wall as an accent but I'm not sure. I want warm, unique and something that will make the room pop! 2nd pic shows the actual bar and 3rd is existing paneling. Please overlook the mess! Any insight will help! I might add there are beams(same color as bar) above over a white ceiling. Thank you for all input! Would like to keep this budget friendly as much as possible. Again Thank You!! Kim
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
libradesigneye
I would leave the bar and beams and old wood antique phone and paint the rest of the paneled walls a soft gray - http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW7672-knitting-needles/
use a fabric like this to pick up both tones . . . as inspiration .. http://beautifulfabric.com/asccustompages/products.asp?fav=0&fpage=1&page=1&categoryID=84&productID=7988&pStart=200&recNum=204
perhaps for roman shades hung at the roof line
stick with silver toned metallics given the stainless trim on bar . . use different shades of silver, mercury silver accents, mirror or antiqued/mercuried mirror tile or stainless backsplash / subway / stainless industrial holders
avoid golden leather on walls, . . . but consider caramel leather upholstery . .
for something you do need to paint darker . . .http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW7673-pewter-cast/ - a piece of old furniture that needs a boost . . . maybe an industrial cart type coffee table with the black iron . . so you are using a range of pale gray to black neutrals . . caramel to pick up the wood tone . . . neutrals fest . . frame the bar mirror in barnwood reclaimed type lumber on the newly painted pale gray wall . . .painted narrow paneling gives a great texture and the pale gray has a higher light reflective value than the wood so it will add light . . will work with floor as is . . . easy to add more painted paneling that will coordinate with your existing paneling profile - allow you to pull different wall textures together by using one color . . bring contrast . . . still be "masculine" but refined . . . reorganize your bar signs as art . . lower them over end tables, add some sepia toned photos . . .
    Bookmark   January 1, 2014 at 8:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nwduck
Of your two flooring picks, I'd go with the Armstrong Canyon Slate. It's way more interesting. This choice might actually make you reconsider painting or covering the existing wood. Maybe a good go-over with Murphy's Oil Soap would liven it up. For the new wall, I'd use the Valspar Metallics Shimmering Bronze, as it seems it would go best with the existing bar top and flooring. You could easily incorporate caramel as libra has suggested, and maybe a little mossy green. Those two would certainly cozy it up.
    Bookmark   January 1, 2014 at 11:31PM