How to Decorate my one wall Rectangle Living/TV Room?
farnaz2013
We are middle of renovation our house and we removed the wall between our kitchen and family room. I am planning to buy a new furniture and art pieces..for our tv/living room.the room does not have a fire place and i need to create a focal point..I only have one wall to play with..what else beside tv should I hang on that wall?
Patricia Colwell
If you move your sofa back about a foot you could put T.V and bookshelves or storage and display on that wall on either side of T.V.You will probly want some drapes or some type of window covering to keep the light out when watching T.V Also the storge will come in handy for all the stuff that goes with sound system and T.V.
January 2, 2014 at 7:05am        Thanked by farnaz2013
carole
great to have a more open plan space,but yes,then the one wall is the only wall,suppose a wall unit will give you storage too,these ones in the picture are minimilist style,as you mentioned new furniture,what style do you have in mind?
January 2, 2014 at 7:13am        Thanked by farnaz2013
farnaz2013
Thanks, I am going to buy either additional furniture to add OR buy a U shape furniture. Which one do you recommend and what color?
January 2, 2014 at 7:14am   
carole
which style do you like?and do you have a color in mind for the walls?
January 2, 2014 at 7:20am   
farnaz2013
I prefer modern style. I am not sure what type of wall storage to use to NOT to make so much fuzz since the living room is extended to our kitchen.. Also, these days every thing is electronic and green..we try to be paper less as much as we could..do I need to put bookshelves only for decoration? How a bout hanging or creating some media panel?
January 2, 2014 at 7:22am   
I think I would purchase a sectional in this configuration. Then I would paint the wall an accent color and use shelving to make it interesting.
Deluxe in Alexandria
Adelson
January 2, 2014 at 7:24am        Thanked by farnaz2013
farnaz2013
wall color will be be shaker beige from Benjamin moore.
January 2, 2014 at 7:24am   
farnaz2013
Do you think L shape sectional or U shape one?
January 2, 2014 at 7:25am   
Either…you get that extra seat with the u shape wedge, but I would put one back toward the kitchen. Once you get it situated, a sofa console behind the section with the stairs behind it will soften that look.

January 2, 2014 at 7:27am     
Get a good size rug so that your sectional is on it. It need not be expensive, maybe just Shaker beige or a sisal.

January 2, 2014 at 7:45am        Thanked by farnaz2013
farnaz2013
so in addition to a tv panel /media storage/wall unit , you are suggesting me to put a console behind the sectional sofa. Does it have enough space between stairs case and hall way, If I move the sofa back a foot?
January 2, 2014 at 7:51am   
farnaz2013
Does the rug has to be either beige or taupe? I have a grey one..
January 2, 2014 at 7:54am     
carole
dont think that is what Judy is saying,but you havent mentioned any colors you would like so then its difficult to advise one or other??
January 2, 2014 at 7:58am     
I don’t suggest using an actual unit. I think that may be too big and clunky for that wall. I think you should just use shelving as shown in the above picture.

No it doesn’t have to be beige. Just some shaker beige in it. Get something tough. Often there are great bound remnants at your local rug store. Check overstock.com, too. Additional 10% off today.

Anything here that you like? Remember your wall color.
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/7x9-10x14-Rugs/(4,),/product-review-average,/608/subcat.html?sort=Top+Sellers
January 2, 2014 at 7:59am        Thanked by farnaz2013
I am guessing that carole likes the shelving idea, too. You could use IKEA for that.

Not suggesting this color necessarily, but this is all IKEA.

January 2, 2014 at 8:05am      Thanked by farnaz2013
farnaz2013
I thought of accent wall.. is it out of style?
January 2, 2014 at 8:14am   
Rustica Hardware
A bypass barn door system would look great over that big opening you have! It would allow you to separate those rooms and have the whole thing open if you so desired. Attached is a picture of what I'm referring to. Call in to talk to one of our designers at 800 891 8312.
January 2, 2014 at 8:16am   
farnaz2013
Any suggestionan art pieces( I prefer graphic or black/brownish photo framed) for the small wall between living room and kitchen?
January 2, 2014 at 8:23am     
carole
iamjudy,yes i do like that,did not have time to respond immidiatly,familytime on the SKYPE...could not work out at first what style farnaz2013 likes,and an accentwall wont be out of style
it is a great way to decorate i think specially in open living dining
January 2, 2014 at 9:35am     
Patricia Colwell
The Ikea stuff is from a line called Besta and can work really well in your space. Check it out and also just google Besta from Ikea images to get some ideas. As for art work I think just get pieces you love and they will always look great, don't worry so much about matching what you have but more about ones you love.
January 2, 2014 at 10:42am      Thanked by farnaz2013
Help with living/tv room decor
We will be moving soon to a more permanent place and...
Need help not to get a "hollow" living/TV room/study
It's an 8x5m room, window possibility (still designing...
I need help to decorate the TV wall in my living room
My couches are dark brown leather and the chairs are...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Ideas Please On Staircase
Contemporary home with staircase that's too rustic...
Need help with new master bath
I have a wall between the tub and the shower and just...
New exterior paint and trim colors
Hello! I just bought this house and would like to update...
Pros and Cons - Apartments vs. Houses
Have you lived in both an apartment and a house? What...