Need help for my living room!

KimberlyJanuary 3, 2014
I am moving into this living room mid-January. The wall color and couch will be the same, but my style is much different than the current home owner. The style now is very traditional, and I am very eclectic. I like more colors. I need ideas for curtains and rugs especially. The couch is not my style, but I think I can make it 'work'. The wall color is more deeper in person, and not so yellow as the picture shows.

What do you think about this rug in the space?
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/gianna-kilim-outdoor-rug/?pkey=ckilim-flatweave-rugs&cm_src=kilim-flatweave-rugs||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

I am thinking to mix a blue colored side table, and a printed curtain. Also, some texture and metallics.

Thoughts? Curtain and rug help would be appreciated! :)
Like the rug and it will give you a colorway for accessories. Take drapes floor to ceiling so the room won't seem squatty. Think about a round coffee table - maybe glass so the rug will show through.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Kimberly    January 3, 2014 at 8:33AM
Kimberly
Thanks so much! I was thinking the same with the curtains -- floor to ceiling, and place them on the walls, rather than over the windows. What kind of curtains do you think with that rug? Printed? Stripe? or other pattern?
    Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 9:16AM
Renee
Can you move the sofa away from the windows? If not, consider pull down shades instead of curtains. The curtains look smashed behind furniture now.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Kimberly    January 3, 2014 at 9:23AM
Maybe a Suzani print for the windows, incorporating your wall color and the sofa tone…like this fabric and using the third color as your accent.

For you rug, a room size sisal in the golder tones.

For your coffee table, this great burlap ottoman with brass nail head trim.

Bullseye Ottoman - Jayson Home · More Info

Fabric Guru.com: Fabric, Discount Fabric, Upholstery Fabric, Drapery Fabric, Fab · More Info

Hand-woven Jute Weaves Natural-colored Sisal Rug (5' x 8') · More Info
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Kimberly    January 3, 2014 at 9:27AM
Kimberly
Iamjudy - thank you. Beautiful choices. Still very traditional, but I do like them mixed in with other choices as well.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 9:40AM
Kimberly
Like this table for the middle?
Bentwood Coffee Table · More Info
    Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 9:45AM
I love it…great find. It will look great with the sofa. I don’t think you need our help at all. You have great taste, Kimberly.
    Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 10:30AM
Kimberly
Ha! Thanks @iamjudy. I feel like I have good taste. But, the curtains are making me spin my wheels a little TOO MUCH! :)
    Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 10:39AM
Whoops, just edited my profile, and here I am…a new person : > ). Wish I could attend to the wrinkles as quickly.

You do have good taste. Those sofas are hard to work with…I have one, reluctantly, in my husband’s den. He needed the comfort. Mine looks much like yours. I did BM muslin on the walls; a red/muslin tone men’s wear plaid for the windows, on bamboo rods, a large round tufted ottoman in a paisley print in reds and muslin color and found this great huge Indian brass tray for the top. My one star in the room is my red Chinese cabinet which I love in there. So, all in all, it looks pretty good.
    Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 11:19AM
natoscha
Can you break up the sectional or configure differently, not along walls. The rug is great. But really that furniture is yuck.
    Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 11:57AM
Kimberly
JudyG - that sounds fabulous!!!

Natosha -- no, I can't break the sectional. BUT, if I were to buy different furniture how would you configure it? This is what the wall looks like across from the couch. Any ideas for that wall would be helpful as well.
    Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 12:00PM
A semi circular sofa would work.
Kiawah Family Home · More Info
    Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 5:31PM
Kimberly
These are the curtains that I put up (excuse the boxes). This is the rug I ordered (isn't in yet)...both from Pottery Barn. The pic of pillows will go on the couch (I ordered a brown couch that ISN'T a sectional - it is brown. My style is very eclectic, and I do not like things matching. I need to find some glass/gold accent tables.

The other pictures are of the adjacent wall - I want to do a collage on the wall. What do you think about the collage that I have going? Yay or nay?
    Bookmark   February 10, 2014 at 10:52AM
Kimberly
Here's the idea for the collage over the stairs, and the corner area of the stairs.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 10, 2014 at 10:54AM
need help for my living room + dinning room
My living room firniture are olive green with pillows...
capira
Need help decorating my living room/dining room!!
I need help tying my living room and dining room together....
j sab
need help with my living room/ dining room
A few months ago my husband and I bought this town...
liselottereyes
Need help with my Living room/piano room decoration - wall color suggestion!!
I am thinking to change color on my wall in my living...
cchu
Exterior help needed
Hello, we just bought this home and I need some ideas...
jeffrycc
Need HELP with my kitchen, please!
Hello. I'm in need of help, desperately. I live in...
ntinolan
plzzzz suggeeest.....
I am donig interior of my new flat .for kitchen I am...
khan_rubina11
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie
Backsplash or counter which should I choose first?
I am remodeling my kitchen. I have selected ikea's...
vizkid88