I need ideas.
kelsie6
I need ideas on what I should redo my room like. I will give you a little bit about my self.
I am a teenager.
I kinda want a modern look. (sophisticated)
I don't really want a lot of color.
I LOVE chevron.
I wanted to do like a teal chevron with maybe a black and white Paris. but I can't find it! :/ so if you find one like it I will love you forever and always. thanks!
kelsie6
I was maybe going to paint one wall (opposite if door) like this. and leave the rest my color now. (like a light brown / tan) and black and white Paris. I need pics please! maybe like how I just explained it. cause I can't find one like or closely like that no matter how many time I look.
0 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 11:46AM
indianpatti
Who could NOT try to help you when you pledge your love? LOL!

Maybe you would be more inspired if you thought "France" rather than Paris?

Think Teal ... France ... Chevron.

Do you have bedding in mind? What kind of furniture do you have? Any Pics to share?
1 Like   January 3, 2014 at 11:49AM
saratogaswizzlestick
You could do a French feel with bedding like this and add teal as an accent like pictures above or teal chevron pillows or teal chevron bedding.
2 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 12:11PM
saratogaswizzlestick
TJ Maxx and Marshall's have a lot of French looking accent pieces like Eiffel tower chochkes .
0 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 12:12PM
kelsie6
I don't know what kind of bed. I am looking for a queen white platform bed for cheap. and I have a white dresser. so I am hoping to keep my furniture (except my bed obviously) but do you have any pictures of room ideas?
0 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 12:14PM
kelsie6
and I don't really have any pictures. my camera is acting up. I have the iphone 5c so I can get it fixed for free at like best buy.
0 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 12:16PM
kelsie6
saratogaswizzlestick
thanks. good inspiration. but I was thinking about painting the wall opposite of door teal chevron. and getting a bed set like Paris or French. or something like that.
0 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 12:18PM
saratogaswizzlestick
Something more like this? You can use this as an accessory too.
0 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 12:24PM
saratogaswizzlestick
A bed like this?
1 Like   Thanked by kelsie6    January 3, 2014 at 12:26PM
kelsie6
YES! :)
0 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 12:34PM
kelsie6
where did you find that bed??
0 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 12:39PM
kelsie6
indianpatti

where did you find the bedspread?
0 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 12:59PM
kelsie6
false alarm found it. :)
0 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 12:59PM
kelsie6
okay that is so cute but WAY too expensive maybe a bedspread under $50. I know I'm being difficult but my dad just started a new job and we aren't used to the pay yet. he came from coke with a lot of money then a little bit. but it will do but maybe under $50 would be perfect
0 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 1:02PM
indianpatti
Bedding is expensive. Maybe you could just get the 2 pillows shams and use a blanket/comforter that you already have?
0 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 1:04PM
What if you paint everything in your room white? Sounds like you have a lot of energy. That will give you a great base for the French look you want.

"Bicycle Touring Paris" Painting by Fifi Flowers
Then, as saratoga and others have suggested shop the consignment shops and TJ Maxx for the accents.
Eclectic Bedroom

Check out etsy.com for fun, inexpensive touches for your room, like this picture.
2 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 1:18PM
happyasaclam
The bed you want that matches the dresser you already have could work with any of these French themed ideas!
0 Likes   January 4, 2014 at 11:29AM
happyasaclam
It would be great if you used teal or pink paint for your accent wall and painted the rest of your room white. Paint is inexpensive, especially at Walmart. You just have to choose the right shade of the paint you want for your accent wall. :) Maybe you could get your dad or your mom to help you paint!
0 Likes   January 4, 2014 at 11:36AM
kelsie6
thanks for all of the ideas! indianpatti happyasaclam Kelly g
1 Like   January 4, 2014 at 3:35PM
kelsie6
* Judy gdesigns
auto correct changed it into Kelly g
0 Likes   January 4, 2014 at 3:36PM
kelsie6
(I'll have to attach the pic in a sec) this is kind of my room right now. i was looking for ideas a couple of years ago and I found this on google. so this isn't really my room but it's just different because I don't have the bed. but I've kinda grown out the room so I'm looking for a new modern up to my age look so please help!
0 Likes   January 4, 2014 at 3:57PM
kelsie6
* courtesy of google images

but it's almost identical (except for the bed) but I don't really like it anymore so i need help on doing something more for teens. please help thanks a head of time! :)
1 Like   January 4, 2014 at 3:58PM
happyasaclam
Have you looked at IKEA furniture?
0 Likes   January 4, 2014 at 6:27PM
Kari Palomo
Just in case you haven't already done this, I typed in 'chevron bedroom' under the photo section here on Houzz and got a lot of ideas.
0 Likes   January 4, 2014 at 9:41PM
kelsie6
yeah but I don't need furniture. I already ordered my bed. I just need ideas on what to do with my bedroom ( like design ) also I want modern. thanks! :D
0 Likes   January 6, 2014 at 12:01PM
happyasaclam
What is your total budget? Are you trying to do it all at once or start with bedding and add stuff when you've saved the money for it?
0 Likes   January 6, 2014 at 3:37PM
kelsie6
@happyasaclam
my budget is probably no more than $50 for bedding and I would like it to be paris themed kind of. and I am going to do like a chevron accent wall. an have you ever heard of mirrored dressers? well I really want those but they are way too expensive so we found another way to do it it's called aluminum leaf and when you cover it at with aluminum leaf it's a way cheaper way of doing that. instead of 150$ it's provably 50$ for it so yeah I thought it would go good with the Paris and chevron theme. :D
0 Likes   January 7, 2014 at 11:44AM
Where to find organic latex upholstery foam?
Does anyone know where to purchase on the east coast...
Need grout help
Bathroom floor and shower wall tiles are bright white...
Updating Golden Oak Woodwork
If I update my hardware on my golden oak doors, am...
Need help with floor color
Looking to purchase Bella Verona Forti flooring for...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...