Need help to arrange my living room
Fahad Gharib
we have 2 living rooms around (9*6 meters) the main one is in the ground floor next to the kitchen. the problem is we don't know where to start, where to sit to watch TV (up or down) and what to do with them? sound silly right? we are only 3 people living in a big house my wife, my son and I only. when we are looking at modern living room pictures at HOUZZ we feel confused and dislike our living rooms!

So could you please help us to re arrange our living room and we are flexible to move, change and add what ever you thing it's appropriate.

PS: the pictures are from ground living room that we are currently use to watch the TV (65" TV and sound system)

PS 2: the window frame not yet finished, we'll paint it with black.

Very appreciated
Fahad
Fahad Gharib
more pics
0 Likes   January 3, 2014 at 7:37PM
Fahad Gharib
up
0 Likes   January 4, 2014 at 7:55PM
Fahad Gharib
any suggestions please?
0 Likes   January 11, 2014 at 12:31AM
S&Associates
i think your house is planned in modern way,you need to put very small effort to make it more attractive.you can put some art piece or wall hang on the solid wall.you can also put a table of your sofa's same length,right behind the sofa.put flower vase and other pieces to decorate it.just attaching some images to give you idea
2 Likes   Thanked by Fahad Gharib    January 11, 2014 at 1:04AM
LB Interiors
Because of a soffit header dividing the area, you need to treat each space on one floor as two different zones for your activiities. Maybe a game table or reading area in front of the stone wall. Pool table if fits your needs. This space could also be used for table and chairs if that is the kitchen that Im seeing.

I think the TV space is where the sofa is. Is the sofa on a platform? Is the platform removable off the wood floor? I would push the sofa back toward the soffit to create more space for additional seating. Your TV is large. I would try to add at least one chair to the sofa grouping.
0 Likes   Thanked by Fahad Gharib    January 11, 2014 at 1:32AM
dfg34hjk
I would move the lounge back under the window if possible. Two swivel chairs closer to the tv would allow extra seating for either tv viewing or facing the lounge for conversation. I would turn the back portion of the room into a games area. A couple of comfortable chairs for reading would also be nice.
0 Likes   Thanked by Fahad Gharib    January 11, 2014 at 4:13AM
Fahad Gharib
To ALL,
Thank you very much for your replays and i'll get back to you soon to discuss your suggestions more thoroughly
0 Likes   January 12, 2014 at 11:42AM
carol_perl
I agree with S&Associates, I think a table behind the sofa will separate the rooms and adding floral arrangements will add to the decor. What do you think of these?
1 Like   January 12, 2014 at 11:52AM
carol_perl
I think a display of orchids - in various colors can do so much. I love orchids you appreciate them?
1 Like   January 12, 2014 at 11:56AM
Fahad Gharib
A & Associates, I followed your suggestions i bought some art pics and a 60" table just behind the sofa .... so far everything looks so amazing! THANKS!! ... anymore suggestions ...?
1 Like   January 17, 2014 at 9:34PM
Fahad Gharib
LB Interiors
Unfortunately i can not move the platform or add extra chairs with the sofa due to the space!
But i liked what you suggested by dividing the room into a different area on for TV and another on for reading or sitting ..ets
So could you please give me more ideas? what kind of chairs, tables ets for reading or sitting and how to arrange them correctly? ... and yes this is the kitchen next to the black stone wall. I can give you more pic if that will help you?
Thank you very much
1 Like   January 17, 2014 at 9:44PM
Fahad Gharib
dfg34hjk,
Just as i said the platform wasn't really big enough to include extra chairs and to be honest we don't like it but maybe now after adding table behind the sofa the area become more attractive ..?
Ok, what do you suggest for gaming area? sound more fun? any pics ...
Thank you so much for you suggestions
0 Likes   January 17, 2014 at 9:50PM
Fahad Gharib
Hi Carol,
I love indoor plants i have more than 25 kind of plants in my house but never had orchid before ... i think it's time for me to buy one. by the way i liked the vase pics especially the 3rd one .... looks so nice
Thank you very much ...
1 Like   January 17, 2014 at 9:57PM
Shuler Architecture
I agree with LB Interiors about treating each soffit as a unique area in your plan. I think I would add a dining table in front of the dark wall (the one with the space heater in front of it). Unfortunately, the platform your sofa rests on makes that space difficult to work with. You might try putting a corner sectional up there with the backs against the walls and then place the TV on the wall next to the door (where the glass door cabinet currently sits). I think treating this platform as a conversation will make more visual sense if the back of the couch doesn't face toward the dining area I just suggested. The sectional will open this space up to the rest of the plan and make it more inviting as well. Finally, some area rugs will also help bring more intimacy to each of these areas and add more color to the space.
2 Likes   Thanked by Fahad Gharib    January 17, 2014 at 9:58PM
LB Interiors
Being that the kitchen is near the stone wall space, I would add a dining table there. Or do you already have a dining room?
1 Like   Thanked by Fahad Gharib    January 18, 2014 at 12:00AM
LB Interiors
I agree with Shuler Architecture. The platform really limits you. Maybe move the sofa against the wall where the overhead lights are. Get two chairs and place where the sofa is now. Use a table between them. Place the TV unit on the wall where the low cabinet is, as suggested by Shuler Acrchitecture. I think you will get more seating on the platform this way. It might make better use of the space.
1 Like   Thanked by Fahad Gharib    January 18, 2014 at 12:05AM
LB Interiors
Another couple of options. It looks like you have space for dining table in the kitchen. For the stone wall, you could have a cozy reading area with two chairs, a table between them, with a lamp.
1 Like   January 18, 2014 at 12:07AM
S&Associates
i think put some colorful pillows,chose closer shade of your light green painted wall right behind the stair.it will brighten up your living,will add some images later on.
1 Like   Thanked by Fahad Gharib    January 18, 2014 at 2:26AM
carol_perl
Sounds like your doing a great job. Post pics so that we can see the update and further assist! Regarding the silk florals - they are not live plants but silk (but so real!!). They are gorgeous, require no maintenance and are so reasonably priced - and last FOREVER!! I don't know your style or color preference so I posted some more options. They can be found at petalsbypia.com. Where are you located?
2 Likes   Thanked by Fahad Gharib    January 19, 2014 at 12:43AM
Fahad Gharib
Thanks to you ALL again and i'll get back to you shortly ...
1 Like   January 20, 2014 at 8:45AM
Fahad Gharib
Shuler Architecture & LB Interiors, Thank you very much for your remarkable suggestions. I confused a little bit and not sure if i can hang the TV on wall? I'll provide you clear picture to help you to see the space more clearly. And we have a separate dining room with large table that we NEVER used before! we usually use the kitchen counter!!

I also have another idea if you can agree with me. I have another living room on the 1st floor witch is exactly similar to the room on the ground floor but without the platform. So how about if i move the TV + the sound system to the 1st floor? so no TV will be down there.
The only issue as per my wife suggested that we'll neglecting the ground floor and staying at the 1st floor for TV, Xbox ..ets.

i'll send the pics ASAP for the both living rooms
Thanks
1 Like   January 20, 2014 at 9:17AM
LB Interiors
I would choose one of the TV living rooms as the primary one that works best for you, (possibly the upper level). I think I would also have a TV in the lower living room for convenience. I would purchase a more complete furniture grouping for the main living room whatever you choose.

More photos of the rooms from different angles may help us for suggestions.
2 Likes   Thanked by Fahad Gharib    January 20, 2014 at 10:55AM
S&Associates
i would also suggest another tv for your living,thus both the space could be enjoyed and used equally.
1 Like   Thanked by Fahad Gharib    January 20, 2014 at 9:37PM
Fahad Gharib
Hi, here are the pic of the ground living room. Sorry for the mess, we're preparing for the painter top paint the window frames.
0 Likes   January 22, 2014 at 9:19AM
Fahad Gharib
as you can see large TV and speakers ...
0 Likes   January 22, 2014 at 9:23AM
Fahad Gharib
and here are the pics of the 1st floor living room, it's unfinished yet, we're still waiting for the counter surface to be fixed and we're thinking to change the light green wall painting so what do you think?

We love the grey theme colours but we used it a lot in the house ...
PS: forget about the yellow sofas it's old and we are going to go for something new once we decided the colour of the wall. My wife thinking to go with a bright theme colours matching the wall stones and counter stone ... any suggestions?

Thank you very much for helping.
0 Likes   January 22, 2014 at 9:34AM
Fahad Gharib
more pics
0 Likes   January 22, 2014 at 9:36AM
KShoa
Hi Farhad, you have a beautiful contemporary space! If you need artwork for those large walls, check out my work. I have many originals, and hundreds of configurations of canvas prints that I can print to the size you choose. For walls this size, I typically take commissions to do it with your color/size specifications.

Available work listed here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/katshoa

Some samples below. The first photo is a commission for a client with supersized walls.

BTW, the one artwork I saw on that large wall is too small for that space. It's beautiful, but it needs to be on a smaller wall.

Enjoy decorating!
0 Likes   January 22, 2014 at 12:23PM
Fahad Gharib
Hi Kshoa, you have a very beautiful artwork!!!! I think you're right i need a large artwork once i finished from painting.
0 Likes   January 23, 2014 at 6:33PM
KShoa
Thanks, agha! :-)

Let me know when you're ready. If you're in So Cal, we can chat in person too if you'd like.
0 Likes   Thanked by Fahad Gharib    January 23, 2014 at 8:54PM
Fahad Gharib
up
0 Likes   January 26, 2014 at 4:38AM
Fahad Gharib
up lol
0 Likes   January 28, 2014 at 9:11AM
KShoa
I figured you were leaving a note for yourself :)
0 Likes   January 28, 2014 at 12:11PM
Fahad Gharib
:)
0 Likes   January 30, 2014 at 1:08PM
Fahad Gharib
up
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 6:38AM
Fahad Gharib
up
0 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 8:22PM
Triangle Billiards, Inc
Hello Fahad. Triangle Billiards can put together a game room for you. Triangle ships and installs world wide. Consider a juke box, shuffleboard, foosball or many other games http://www.tribilliards.com/. Triangle has a style for every décor. Attached are just a few ideas
1 Like   Thanked by Fahad Gharib    February 8, 2014 at 12:41PM
Need help arranging furniture in my living room.
My living room has two large doorways which face each...
trescool
Need help arranging my living room
I'm not sure how to arrange this living room furniture,...
Meloney Landry
Need help arranging my living room.
This is what I have to work with. The TV will be mounted...
Christy Bell
Need help with seating arrangement in my living room
Hi, this is my living room opens to dining and kitchen....
saradivi
Need help arranging my living room!
my living room space is awkard. Where do I put the...
blcommons
Help! Kitchen Layout ... New build
Hi! We are building a new home and are not sold on...
Brenna Pearce
Skylights vs. Dormer
We've been presented with two options for bringing...
pxlgirl
What should I do with this faux fireplace?
We moved into a brand new home and our decorator designed...
paradox44
Sectional
Can someone help me interpret this drawing? It was...
heatherjillh
Best Homemade Gift?
As more people try to simplify their holiday giving...