Bathroom Help!
laurenicole03
We recently redid one bathroom. We are not ready to rip this one apart yet, but there has to be a way to make it looker nice until that time comes! Please help with color ideas and pictures!! The tiles are beige. Thanks!
njcook53
More pictures would certainly help.
January 4, 2014 at 7:39AM      Thanked by laurenicole03
laurenicole03
Oops the other pictures did not load. Here they are.
January 4, 2014 at 7:40AM   
janeinfo
What exactly are you willing to do? Paint? Replace too small mirror/medicine cabinet? I like your paint color with your shower curtain, but not certain the paint matches your tile. Also, are you trying to go "country", "contemporary", what? Also, are you willing to paint the door white to match the trim or will it stay wood color?
January 4, 2014 at 7:47AM        Thanked by laurenicole03
jdjd99
I think the paint contrasts too much with the tile. Maybe paint the walls a similar color to the tile but a shade lighter. Some floating shelves on the wall and the bigger mirror that janeinfo mentioned. Your bronze hardware would then stand out and look nice I think. I always like the look of an area rug in the bath too- makes it cozy and can bring in some needed color.
January 4, 2014 at 7:58AM        Thanked by laurenicole03
laurenicole03
I do want to paint and I prefer contemporary! It is always so hard for me to pick paint colors. What color shower curtain would you suggest if I paint the walls a shade lighter then the tile? We are planning on replacing all the wood color doors. So as of now I do not plan on painting them (although I know it would make a huge difference!). I like the idea for the area rug!
January 4, 2014 at 8:12AM   
laurenicole03
And I do want to replace that dreaded medicine cabinet with a flat mirror. The problem is the lights next to it, but as of now they don't work s so maybe we can cover the outlets and hang a mirror over top?
January 4, 2014 at 8:15AM   
Dar Eckert
Paint the walls the same color just a shade lighter. Keep the shower curtain it's great. Add towels in green and blue from the curtain. Change them out to keep it interesting. Add a blue blind.

The medicine cabinet looks too small although cute. Maybe add floating shelves above the towel bar. incorporate the shelves, medicine cabinet and towel bar into the composition. You may need to lower the towel bar. Your current picture is too high so keep that in mind when making the arrangement.

January 4, 2014 at 8:22AM        Thanked by laurenicole03
jdjd99
I like the pivot mirrors from restoration hardware, though they are a little expensive. It would work well in your room because it could extend below the wall/tile transition. How about a white shower curtain with a lot of texture?
January 4, 2014 at 8:31AM        Thanked by laurenicole03
laurenicole03
Great ideas! I am coaxing the hubby into painting this weekend :)!
January 4, 2014 at 8:38AM   
Dar Eckert
Maybe a little bench or stool under the towel rack would look nice but not sure if enough room.
January 4, 2014 at 8:48AM   
Becki Burr
Shower curtain is too "heavy". Pick something lighter....work with your tile....not against it. If you like the green, but want lighter...try clary sage by Sherwin Williams. But first find a curtain that you like (spots? Stripes?) that has the colors you like. Repeat colors throughout....you said you like contemporary...go all the way with it....it's kind of mixed up right now...too many styles. And yes...lower the pic to about an inch or two from the tile. Possibly paint medicine cabinet if you can't remove it. You can do it!!!
January 4, 2014 at 8:49AM        Thanked by laurenicole03
jonathan3
We had pink tile in the bathroom until we remodeled. We painted the walls "Celedon" that is a muted shade of light green made by Behr paints. It worked well with the pink that I did not like at all. Fluffy white towels and a white rug helped--and the fact that it is not a living space!
January 4, 2014 at 8:55AM     
laurenicole03
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I do not have the space for a bench :(. I am actually not a fan of green but I wasn't sure what to you use and I do not like what I have now! I think I am going to go with the shade lighter than the tile and then I can play with the curtain and towels. I like the idea of the floating shelves too and picking a lighter curtain! Thanks for the ideas! Keep them coming if you have anything else to add!
January 4, 2014 at 8:57AM   
laurenicole03
Hello everyone. We are looking to paint this weekend. I know many suggested a shade lighter than the tile. Any suggestions on paint color number/name. Thanks!
January 19, 2014 at 5:44AM   
help update my kitchen
I want the change the look of my kitchen, including...
What do I need to do with this space?
Just got the Farm House table, bench, and hutch for...
Help - Exposed Brick Gone Wrong
Hello All - Today I finally had the courage to get...
Need help on open kitchen and living area.
Need suggestions on kitchen, living room and dining...