Suggestions on remodel
premiumlot
Taking possession on Monday and I have A LOT of work to do! My ideas for the kitchen.... Take out the wall between kitchen and dining room from just the outside of the beam to the door. (Picture 3) this will open the kitchen to views of golf course from across living rm. In the entry way Sheetrock the recess (top and bottom) to give extra depth for kitchen. (Picture4) Use some of the depth to push the door (kitchen to dining room) over a bit to make the space where the wall is coming down larger. (Contractor looked at wall - can come down). Put a breakfast bar in the newly opened area - 2 tier. There is very limited area for hanging cabinets. Island comes out to be replaced with a longer configuration with wine refrig and w/o range. Gas range to move to kitchen side of breakfast bar?? The opposite wall from sink (not shown and where the recess is in entryway) will hold Refrig and wall ovens. Still have microwave to place. Thinking of lower cabinets at wall facing kitchen (where solid garage door is). (Picture 2) There is 22 in from wall to window depth. Leave top for a nice piece of art since this wall will be seen from living room. Install swinging door from entry to kitchen. Thinking of cream cabinets with a darker island. Floors remain. The aqua scene in the window is a pop out. This is a second home and want a warm, clean uncluttered look. Any ideas? Comments? (Blue tiles will be replaced with wood, bannister to be a 1/2 wall and Paint, Paint, Paint!).
premiumlot
Should have mentioned that there will be all new appliances. Only keeping wine frig.
January 4, 2014 at 5:17pm   
curacaoblue
Wow! And I though I liked blue... Good luck!
January 4, 2014 at 9:16pm     
Katy Richard
Replace hardware with a sleek brushed nickel choice.
January 4, 2014 at 10:58pm     
Katy Richard
Be careful about moving your range too far from the sink. As a chef, that would never work for me. Wine fridge not necessary for efficiency, so can be further away. Sink, gas top and fridge layout essential for functionality. Good luck, you have lots of space and can have a wonderful kitchen!
January 4, 2014 at 11:08pm     
premiumlot
Thank you Katy!
January 5, 2014 at 11:32am     
Katy Richard
Another thing that I am enjoying in our new remodel is slide outs and drawers. We replaced all the static shelves of the base cabinets with deep drawers or pull out shelves behind the doors. So functional. And get the biggest sink you can, I love my new double basin apron front from ikea. I'm putting our microwave in the island and using the space it took up previously for something else :-)
January 6, 2014 at 12:28am   
Katy Richard
Any progress pics?
January 30, 2014 at 10:42pm   
Farmhouse kitchen remodel: need appliance suggestions
Hello- I am about a month away from the start of my...
Need suggestions for kitchen remodel
I will be using a dark brown wood scraped 'tile' and...
Need suggestion for a unique touch to my remodel!!!
Hi creative Houzz fans. My remodel starts in 2 weeks....
Need Suggestions for Remodeling Exterior
Help! I need suggestions for remodeling the exterior...
Suggestions on home remodeling sequence
I'm planning for a major remodeling of our current...
How to combine brick and stone on exterior siding...
We're considering replacing the vinyl siding that's...
Remodelling antique teak wood cupboard
The cupboard is old teak wood. It is very heavy for...
Solar Heaters
Anyone have first hand experience with solar heating?...
What are the pros and cons of a Murphy bed versus a sleeper sofa
We have a guest room which we use as our office and...
Back Porch Decor? What do you think?
I am trying to spiff up the back porch and would love...