kmaddox33
January 26, 2012 in Photo Questions
How durable are these? They seem like they would damage easy because the wood is so soft?
Liza Hawkins
Bamboo is actually more durable than most hardwoods. I'm sure it's not immune to every type of scratch, but certainly no less than regular wood floors!
January 27, 2012 at 4:46pm     
morrownc
Installing mine now, rated as one of the hardest with a 55 year warranty.
March 24, 2012 at 11:18am     
paulasbath
What color and brand wood how much?
June 18, 2012 at 9:19pm     
Liza Hawkins
@paulasbath - here's the link to what Lowe's said:
June 19, 2012 at 2:49am   
richflores1
How was the installation on this morrownc?
July 12, 2012 at 11:00am   
Urbanata
Actually the bamboo from the picture is of medium grade quality/hardness. There are some bamboo floors like woven strand bamboo that are among the hardest hardwood floors available. In terms of durability it is important to consider the type and quality of the finish, the edge and the type of the installation.
Poor finish will show wear and tear, agressive bevel or square edge on a floor with a poor mill quality will look funky soon after installation, and the type of the installation will reflect both the longevity and the final cost of the project.
August 26, 2012 at 6:53am     
sunlightishere
Gorgeous! I say go for it. We did a kitchen remodel this past June and my husband installed about 240sqft of laminate flooring in the kitchen/dining room entryway and hallway. My home is smaller so that was enough flooring for us. We installed "vineyard cherry" a darker flooring from Costco. With the coupon at the time the entire project cost us about $245.00. We choose laminate because we have 3 kids, a yellow lab, and I run a preschool from the home. Hardwood was not an option for us.

Good luck on your project!
October 20, 2012 at 9:29am     
Jeanette Laudicina Szalecki
Can anyone speak to the instillation process. Were they glued down? Floating? Would you suggest this for an entire townhouse?
March 29, 2013 at 9:18am   
morrownc
I purchased mine from Home Depot and it locks together allowing for a floating installation or adhesive. I did a floating installation and it turned out better than I expected doing it myself. Locked together very tight with no gaps due to the design of the interlocking edges.
March 29, 2013 at 5:38pm   
sunlightishere
Our floors locked together as well. We previously had carpet so had to remove it all and all the staples that go with it! Then we put down a sub floor and proceeded to lay down the flooring. It was the first time for us working with flooring so we learned a lot! I love it and wish we could do the bedrooms and living room in it as well. But my husband like carpet in those areas of the house.
August 25, 2013 at 4:25pm   
shutter color
Not sure what color shutters to put with my stone on...
Hanging copper pans on marble wall
Ok so my marble wall is up and now my carpenter tells...
Help with my living room
Hi everyone who can help. This is my third time putting...
Help choosing curtains for my son's LR
My son would like curtains for his living area. He...
How to create silence in a flat?
Ok - it can not be a problem I alone have. I want to...