Landscaping ideas for along backyard fence
Jennifer Bush
We recently pulled several plants from our back yard. The first, in the photo called "side," once had a Chinese bellflower plant that was nice but got really overgrown and out of control. I'm thinking of putting a small raised garden there, mostly for herbs. But I'm open to other ideas too.

I need some ideas for along the back fence. There were 4 tall flowering plants there but they never did very well. As you can see, it gets nice sun (this is at about 1:30pm), but the light does tend to get blocked by our orange tree and the neighbors trees. The yard already has a lemon tree, two orange trees and a grapefruit tree, plus two dwarf pears. We're looking for some color. Must be kid and dog friendly. (I have a child with autism who tends to put everything in his mouth.)

Ideas? Thanks! Oh - this is in San Jose, CA.
Jennifer Bush
So I realize that the photos aren't labeled. Looking for ideas for both sides of the orange tree in the sunnier photo - the one where you can see the climbing structure.
January 5, 2014 at 5:31pm   
Joie de Vivre
Hi Jennifer,
You can definitely make great use of your garden. Because you live in a sunny city, San Jose, I think you need furniture that you could easily move it to stay in the shade.
For example, the rolling bench could be a great addition.

Please find bellow the link of the website. Let me know what you think about it. http://www.rollingbenches.com/
May 14, 2014 at 4:15pm   
Redecorating new rental
I am beginning to redecorate my new rental and don't...
Do you sleep with blackout curtains?
Are you enjoying the bright nights? Although the shortest...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Small bathroom
Is it okay to have a patterned shower curtain in a...