Landscaping ideas for along backyard fence
Jennifer Bush
January 5, 2014 in Design Dilemma
We recently pulled several plants from our back yard. The first, in the photo called "side," once had a Chinese bellflower plant that was nice but got really overgrown and out of control. I'm thinking of putting a small raised garden there, mostly for herbs. But I'm open to other ideas too.

I need some ideas for along the back fence. There were 4 tall flowering plants there but they never did very well. As you can see, it gets nice sun (this is at about 1:30pm), but the light does tend to get blocked by our orange tree and the neighbors trees. The yard already has a lemon tree, two orange trees and a grapefruit tree, plus two dwarf pears. We're looking for some color. Must be kid and dog friendly. (I have a child with autism who tends to put everything in his mouth.)

Ideas? Thanks! Oh - this is in San Jose, CA.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Jennifer Bush
So I realize that the photos aren't labeled. Looking for ideas for both sides of the orange tree in the sunnier photo - the one where you can see the climbing structure.
January 5, 2014 at 5:31pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Joie de Vivre
Hi Jennifer,
You can definitely make great use of your garden. Because you live in a sunny city, San Jose, I think you need furniture that you could easily move it to stay in the shade.
For example, the rolling bench could be a great addition.

Please find bellow the link of the website. Let me know what you think about it. http://www.rollingbenches.com/
May 14, 2014 at 4:15pm   
More Discussions
Redecorating new rental
I am beginning to redecorate my new rental and don't...
Do you sleep with blackout curtains?
Are you enjoying the bright nights? Although the shortest...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Small bathroom
Is it okay to have a patterned shower curtain in a...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™