What color sink should I buy?
ckmc2002
My kitchen is smaller but open to dining and family room. We just got new ss aplliances with light hickory cabinets and going with a darker sparkly granite (Maximus). I do not want a ss sink. Should I do a cream of brown granite composite (blanco)??
Ann
Are you thinking the blanco biscotti color for cream? I have that color and I love my sink. I have a dark countertop and wanted contrast. It worked out very well but I think you could go either way. The blanco silgranit sink is very nice - I chose the cascade configuration.
   January 5, 2014 at 9:28PM
arch view
satin or antri-scratch can be go better
   January 5, 2014 at 9:35PM
A Kitchen That Works LLC
Can you post of a photo of the granite and the cabinets? My clients have been very happy with the Blanco silgranite sinks.
1 Like   January 5, 2014 at 9:52PM
ckmc2002
Hi ann! Yes I was thinking biscotti but what about biscuit? Also should I do the faucet in stainless steel or bronze? So many decisions to make. Here is a pic of my kitchen and the granite I picked out. What do you think? I originally thought I wanted a light color but changed my mind to this. So now I need to pic out the sink and faucet. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you so much!! Kim
   January 6, 2014 at 5:41PM
ckmc2002
Actually that is not a very good pic of the granite. Here is more of what it looks like. I'm open to other granite colors because I have not paid for this yet.
   January 6, 2014 at 5:44PM
A Kitchen That Works LLC
Choose the counter then revisit the sink choices.
   January 6, 2014 at 5:54PM
ckmc2002
99% on the granite. Would you do a granite composite sink in cream, tan or espresso? Faucet in stainless steel or bronze? Thank you!!
   January 6, 2014 at 6:28PM
Ann
Hi ckmc2002. My counters are a charcoal color. Here's a picture with my biscotti silgranit cascade sink. The biscuit color is a bit lighter than this with a few more yellow undertones. Biscotti is closer to my floor tile because my floor tile doesn't have any yellow undertones. I have oil rubbed bronze stuff thoughout my house and stainless appliances so I went with a ORB faucet. If I wouldn't have had other ORB, I would have just matched my appliances and gone with a stainless faucet. It's a great sink!
   Thanked by ckmc2002    January 6, 2014 at 7:06PM
Ann
Looking at your kitchen, I think I'd go with biscotti and a stainless faucet, but of course, it's a personal choice. But, what color are your light fixtures and door hardware?
   January 6, 2014 at 7:12PM
Ann
Also, I have natural quartzite rather than granite, but my slab was polished and I paid a bit extra to have it leathered (about $600/slab). I love the leathered look and that can be done to granite too. Just another consideration:)
   January 6, 2014 at 7:16PM
ckmc2002
Thank you! For your help. My fixtures are bronze and I was thinking bronze hardware. I love the leathered look as well but have already went over my budget!! Keep the ideas coming!!! Kim
1 Like   January 6, 2014 at 8:19PM
A Kitchen That Works LLC
I vote for biscotti soil granite and bronze fixtures/hardware.
   January 6, 2014 at 8:29PM
Need Help with Stairway
My husband & I are DIY persons. We recently purchased...
Family Room Clean Slate
I am working with a clean slate in this family room....
Furniture placement with piano
We are redesigning our living room. Will be buying...
Flooring for Beach House
We would like to install hard wood floors in our beach...
Design around tv!
Hi! What would you hang around the tv to make the wall...