Can two different upholstered chairs be covered in the same fabric?
cfrhsc
January 6, 2014 in Design Dilemma
I fell in love with the fabric on these chairs Unfortunately, they are not comfortable at all. I found another style chair that can be upholstered in the same fabric. I'm wondering if I can get the different style chair upholstered in the same fabric, or if I should go with a constrasting fabric. I would be replacing the chair in the foreground with a chair with a similar shape , but with arms. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Jill J. Wallace, Color Redesign
Just to clarify, are the chairs with the peacock pattern being replaced? Is the curved yellow/ green (on my monitor) piece a love seat? If you are only replacing one patterned chair then I believe you could have two different chair styles with the same pattern. Another option is to use a different pattern but similar color tone as the peacock chair.
1 Like   Thanked by cfrhsc    January 6, 2014 at 4:06PM
PRO
JudyG Designs
I suggest: removing all the wall decor on the t v wall; moving the t v to the center of the wall; place each chair on either side with one mirror above each chair.

Make the sofa more user friendly and buy an upholstered ottoman to put your feet on.

1 Like   January 6, 2014 at 4:10PM
chookchook2
Agree about wall items. Before going to alot of expense, can you get an upholsterer in and ask him to quote on changing the foam/down on the 2peacock chairs to make them more comfortable?
1 Like   January 6, 2014 at 4:18PM
cfrhsc
Thanks- I agree that centering the chairs would look better, however, it is a small room, and one chair needs to be able to view the TV- The sofa is a full size sofa ("conversation sofa" with curved arms). I am planning to replace one of the "peacock chairs" with a more comfortable style. Jill J- thanks for your comment about having the same fabric on two different style chairs, as that's the way I'm leaning.
0 Likes   January 6, 2014 at 4:30PM
Mary Jane Banks
Absolutely - do 2 dfiferent styles of chairs with the same fabric.
0 Likes   Thanked by cfrhsc    January 6, 2014 at 4:32PM
More Discussions
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
Exterior paint color for old Dutch house
Hi . . . I wanted to throw this out there to see what...
Grand room
New living grand room will be a loft looking down into...
need an assembled bath stool
am disabled and need stool assembled at sale
Seen this comforter
I am redesigning my bedroom and I love this color scheme....
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™