Can two different upholstered chairs be covered in the same fabric?
cfrhsc
I fell in love with the fabric on these chairs Unfortunately, they are not comfortable at all. I found another style chair that can be upholstered in the same fabric. I'm wondering if I can get the different style chair upholstered in the same fabric, or if I should go with a constrasting fabric. I would be replacing the chair in the foreground with a chair with a similar shape , but with arms. Thanks!
Jill J. Wallace, Color Redesign
Just to clarify, are the chairs with the peacock pattern being replaced? Is the curved yellow/ green (on my monitor) piece a love seat? If you are only replacing one patterned chair then I believe you could have two different chair styles with the same pattern. Another option is to use a different pattern but similar color tone as the peacock chair.
1 Like   Thanked by cfrhsc    January 6, 2014 at 4:06PM
I suggest: removing all the wall decor on the t v wall; moving the t v to the center of the wall; place each chair on either side with one mirror above each chair.

Make the sofa more user friendly and buy an upholstered ottoman to put your feet on.

1 Like   January 6, 2014 at 4:10PM
chookchook2
Agree about wall items. Before going to alot of expense, can you get an upholsterer in and ask him to quote on changing the foam/down on the 2peacock chairs to make them more comfortable?
1 Like   January 6, 2014 at 4:18PM
cfrhsc
Thanks- I agree that centering the chairs would look better, however, it is a small room, and one chair needs to be able to view the TV- The sofa is a full size sofa ("conversation sofa" with curved arms). I am planning to replace one of the "peacock chairs" with a more comfortable style. Jill J- thanks for your comment about having the same fabric on two different style chairs, as that's the way I'm leaning.
0 Likes   January 6, 2014 at 4:30PM
Mary Jane Banks
Absolutely - do 2 dfiferent styles of chairs with the same fabric.
0 Likes   Thanked by cfrhsc    January 6, 2014 at 4:32PM
Exterior paint color for old Dutch house
Hi . . . I wanted to throw this out there to see what...
Grand room
New living grand room will be a loft looking down into...
need an assembled bath stool
am disabled and need stool assembled at sale
Seen this comforter
I am redesigning my bedroom and I love this color scheme....