Recessed Wall Space
maburr
Hello! Our new family room has several recessed areas on one wall due to the design of the high ceiling. Any ideas on how to decorate these areas?
bumbles12
Art work could look good.
January 7, 2014 at 3:48am     
chookchook2
Suits of armour , sarcophagi , bookcases, Venus de Milo, Michelangelo's David, Storm Troopers, Native statues, Klimt reproductions, flags, Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building with King Kong on it, live bodyguards, collection of Barbie clothes in one, collection of Ken clothes in the other, Australian Aboriginal bark paintings, video art installations, waterfalls, one going up and one going down, rugs, antique weapons, kites, live maid and manservant, china cabinets, ant farms, tapestries, actual art, longbows, mirrors, fire extinguishers, retro arcade games, hubby says fish tanks, shop windows, plinths with Beethoven and Jimmy Hendrix; plinths with Naploleon and Wellington, the end.
January 7, 2014 at 4:14am     
carolins
Ideal to hang paintings or put artwork on pedestals in those niches.
January 7, 2014 at 4:22am     
carolins
If you like books, shelves or bookcase (made to measure). Glass shelves if you like to display more than one beautiful item.
January 7, 2014 at 4:24am     
S&K Interiors
Here are some ideas.
January 7, 2014 at 5:04am     
yoboseiyo
i would do bookcases.
but i like builtins, and have lots of books.
January 7, 2014 at 5:51am     
Rina
If you're not particularly into Chookchook's bodyguards and fire extinguishers ... a not bad idea, I think, would be to build in a low white cupboard into each niche. This would give you a series of smaller niches, somewhat like the ones in S&K Interiors' third pic. Then you could put -- say -- a glass vase in each, similar but different colours, to shine under the downlighters. All depends on budget, of course, but I've just fallen in love with these -- http://www.glamorous-glass.com/blog/2012/11/18/hand-blown-glass-vases-bernard-katz/.
January 7, 2014 at 5:56am     
Rina
I did try to post the pic. Really. Again.
January 7, 2014 at 5:56am   
Patricia Colwell
I purposly put niches in many of my renos to showcase art and add interest so let your imagination work on what you can do to make them focal points.
January 7, 2014 at 6:05am     
janeinfo
Someday, I would love to meet you "chooknook2". Your ideas always make me smile;) If you are a woman, you would make a lovely addition to our coffee group.
January 7, 2014 at 7:53am   
Plain wall
Have added console table and mirror for interest. Any...
Need help with master bath design/layout
Master bath is 18' 8" x 10' 4" if I take one of the...
Paint or stain?
We are in the process of updating the railings. Do...
Corner Tub Comfort...
Which model corner soaking tub do you find has the...
Any ideas for a door color?
We just added the shutters and now I am looking for...