Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christy_newman1455365

Playroom color help needed

Nina Newman
10 years ago
I am starting to design the playroom in my house. I want it to be gender neutral. I am thinking light gray walls with white storage shelves from ikea (expedit) and red and possibly some turqoise or even green apple color. Does this work? It's been very difficult to find pictures of rooms witb these colors so if you have any suggestions or pictures I would love to see them! Thanks :)

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    10 years ago
    Here are couple of gender neutral playrooms with some accent colors.

Transitional Kids · More Info

Playroom · More Info

Riverside Drive Pre-War Residence · More Info

New family room steps down from original house · More Info
  • Nina Newman
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks for the pictures. Has anyone seen a room picture with turquoise, red, and an apple green color? I'm looking for a rug and artwork to bring those colors together. Thanks
  • karemore55
    10 years ago
    Hi Christy, I can picture these accent colors working together in your playroom. Here are a few rugs that would incorporate the colors (and more!). First rug is from Shades Of Light, second is Dash & Albert. Check their site for many other colorways so that you can fine tune the colorways to your own preference. Third rug is from wayfair.com - the Punjabi Matchstick rug.
  • karemore55
    10 years ago
    Here is some artwork that also picks up on the color scheme. This is a sampling of the works by Sharon Cummings, on the site fineartamerica.com. Many others to choose from - a very talented artist! Her prints are inexpensive, and will easily adapt to other rooms in the house, once the need for a playroom has ended.
  • Nina Newman
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you! I love the artwork
Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner