Window treatments for very tall narrow windows in Great Room.
mareme
Are roman shades still 'in style' ? I have two long windows on either side of fireplace as well as a wall of windows in eating area of kitchen.. Floors are wood in great room and tile in kitchen. Need warmth ans some sound reduction.
Amerisips
Mareme, we have two long windows in our model dining room that we treated with warm drapes. We think the treatment is effective and doesn't detract from other features of the room while adding style. You might consider the same. Good luck!
3 Likes   January 7, 2014 at 4:27PM
grobby
Love your room. Roman shades are in style and would work beautifully on your windows.
1 Like   January 7, 2014 at 5:15PM
Design Connection, Inc
They would look wonderful. You can do a top down bottom up. They are sleek and very much in style.
2 Likes   January 7, 2014 at 5:18PM
Two Blind Guys
Roman Shades are definitely a product that is still in style. There are so many different options for colors, fabrics, and special operations. I highly recommend checking out Hunter Douglas Vignette Modern Roman Shades.
0 Likes   January 9, 2014 at 1:45PM
Designer Window Fashions
Romans or simple rollers. Vignettes are a great choice, the top/down bottom/up feature with the ultraglide mechanism (recoiling/retractable cords) is very simple to use.
0 Likes   September 10, 2014 at 7:05AM
JMittman Designs
I don't care for roman shades that go to the floor. I prefer panels for this application. The firdt pic shown is a great example. You may only have room for panels on the outside edge of the windows. If you went with shades, I would get something motorized as they will be looong shades to raise by hand. Probably too tall for cordless unless you have wand.
0 Likes   September 11, 2014 at 11:59AM
Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
Asymmetrical swags with a panel to one side...this is a great way to finish the complete room. We do windows and can do them for you no matter where you live....we can design them and have them shipped to you...I think l you would be very happy!
0 Likes   September 11, 2014 at 6:13PM
HI -- I would rather see drapes on the windows beside the fireplace on each that pull one way away from the fireplace left and right . Then romans made out of the same fabric as drapes for the other windows .
1 Like   September 11, 2014 at 6:19PM
Barn & Willow
a drape in neutral shade would look great! Checkout our Belgian linen drape in Oyster color , I am pretty sure that you would love it :) http://barnandwillow.com/collections/drapes/products/belgian-textured-linen-oyster
0 Likes   September 12, 2014 at 2:46PM
Drapery Connection
Roman shades would look great in your kitchen and living room. You can add some warmth with a deeper color, and get some light in there by making it top down bottom up. Drapes would also look fabulous, but it might be too much going on around the fireplace. Especially if you are trying to have the kitchen and living room the same then i definitely recommend roman shades.
0 Likes   October 10, 2014 at 12:13PM
Gray & Walter, Ltd.
Of course they are! For the windows flanking the fireplace I recommend drapery panels that do not have too much fullness. Roman shades would be better for the corner window application.
0 Likes   October 10, 2014 at 12:17PM
Shutter Shack
How about some 3 1/2" Louver Plantation Shutters in a stain finish to match the wood floor?
Courtesy of ShutterShack.com
0 Likes   October 10, 2014 at 1:17PM
Queen Of Shades
With all the brick and wood in the room, I would highly suggest fabric to warm the room. Because of limited wall space for fabric stacking, I would do a similar canopy style drapery that I designed for Rock Star, Anthony Kiedis. (See Picture) I would do a solid neutral grey on the outside and a printed burgundy wool on the lining to accentuate the rugs. Additionally, I would add a soft "custom Roman sheer roman shade or Roller on the window. The horizontal lines need to match with the Horizontal Mullions on the window so it doesn't look crazy!
0 Likes   October 13, 2014 at 10:24PM
Linly Designs
Roman shades would be a great solution for adding privacy and light blocking. We would recommend having them made in a semi-sheer, neutral color fabric. To complete the look of the windows you should hang a stationary side panel on the outer side (furthest from the fireplace) on both windows. You could hang them on a decorative hardware rod that extends the whole width of the window. Another option would be to hang a valance across the top of the windows (a few inches higher than the window frame) to conceal the panels being mounted on a simple board. You could than add the same style of headboard over the roman shades in your kitchen to finish the look of those windows and give the whole space a cohesive feel.
0 Likes   October 14, 2014 at 2:01PM
Tall narrow windows. Ideas for window treatments?
My newly renovated 19th century ship-captain's house...
goodwoman
Need window treatments for Narrow, tall window in MBR
Currently have tall narrow windows in MBR, on either...
jrodelander
Great room window treatments
The sun really shines into our great room, but I'm...
kspurdy
Window treatments for a 2 story great room.
Please help! We're moving into a house we just built...
perismom
Need help for great room window treatments
One big room with a sunken TV area. I plan on recovering...
mariefoss
I need help in led light / 3d max
I want to know how to create hidden led lighting at...
Clarity classic
Kitchen upgrade help
We want to upgrade our kitchen an open the layout into...
Andrea Becerra
master bed, bath, closet design - ripped out and stuck!
We have started work on our gut rehab of 1982 Lakehouse,...
Niels Seebeck
What to do with off center fireplace, tv and furniture placement.
My 1954 ranchelo living room is 15 x 13 and I don't...
zeeveezee
need helps for my plain living room!
it is kind of plain. any suggestions
James Heaps_Nelson