Would this Chesterfield sofa suit our home?
B
Would this Chesterfield sofa suit our home and existing furniture, or would it clash? I am considering it for the formal sitting room, which is located near the entrance. And teaming it with a couple of armchairs.

We have a large open living space, which is made up of the Sitting room, dining room, meals area, kitchen and family room.

-We have timber flooring throughout.
-Our family room at one end, and is already furnished, (black leather sofa and white, glossy tv unit).
-Our kitchen is white and modern.
-Our dining table is rustic, with a parquetry top finish (as per the picture attached).
-All the windows and the large sliding doors will have white plantation shutters.
-The white glossy buffet is located along the wall, between the meals and dining room windows.

Look forward to reading your feedback.
karen paul interiors
I'm a real fan of Chesterfields. The one you have chosen is truly traditional. If that is not what you want and would rather have one that feels more modern, then I would suggest Mitchell Gold for their Kennedy sofa. I'll go find the photo and come back. Love your taste! :) Ok, here it is. I think you will find it more contemporary and yet it is a very good looking Chesterfield style.
January 7, 2014 at 9:28PM        Thanked by B
Is this sofa going to be in the same visible area as your modern kitchen and monochromatic tv area? If so I would not go for a linen colour but perhaps a white that reflects the monochrome look but, with its traditional design, echoes your dining table. Otherwise you are mixing two strong and divergent design styles and they may end fighting for dominance cresting the wrong sort of tension.
January 7, 2014 at 9:32PM      Thanked by B
B
Thank you so much Karen. I do like this one, but am worried about my mixed taste clashing and it not working together :(
January 7, 2014 at 9:38PM   
B
@ASVInteriors - I am thinking of going for a light grey color. Would that work?

Although the sitting room is at the far end of the kitchen, because it's all open, the kitchen can still be seen from the sitting room.
January 7, 2014 at 9:43PM   
karen paul interiors
The sofa I show is very much a modern take on a classic. I chose this because I know it will look well with what you have and it will satisfy your need for a Chesterfield type. As you must know there are many fabrics available. If you should want to purchase on line, there are three colors in the fabric (as shown). The fabric is a polyester and will wear extremely well for a long time. Just be certain to write down the cleaning instructions.
January 7, 2014 at 9:55PM        Thanked by B
Hi B, the color you show seem a restoration hardware natural linen which is very much the "unfinished" look they are touting. If it really is a gray, make sure it is one without a base colour ie, is white with black added and not with tints of red, blue, green or yellow behind it. Hope that helps
January 7, 2014 at 9:55PM      Thanked by B
B
Thank you Karen. I still prefer the traditional one though *shy*
January 7, 2014 at 9:57PM   
B
@ASVInteriors - oh, the image I uploaded is just to demonstrate the style. Sorry about that. Should have specified in my original post.

If I choose the right shade, will it not clash with the rest of our furniture and kitchen?
January 7, 2014 at 9:58PM   
Hard to say without being in situ. But as long as you are keeping a eye out for possible clashes, you can check swatches and see if the light grey works without a problem.
January 7, 2014 at 10:20PM      Thanked by B
B
Thank you!
January 8, 2014 at 1:36AM   
brickln
Agree with karen paul, sorry. I prefer your sofa as well, but would place it in a master or closed off room were I to purchase it, or go with an eclectic style in the main area of the house.
January 8, 2014 at 2:05AM      Thanked by B
B
Thank you bricln
January 8, 2014 at 4:08AM   
B
Will give it a miss. Thanks everyone!
January 8, 2014 at 5:13PM     
June 6, 2014 at 11:18AM     
Michelle Scott for Ethan Allen - Laguna Niguel, CA
I love the traditional chesterfield, and if you do it in an unexpected color, it can be a great character piece to add to your more modern existing furnishings.
June 6, 2014 at 11:38AM   
Or really unexpected -
June 6, 2014 at 11:44AM   
Need help with master bedroom
I really like my blue walls. I would like to change...
Need some help/inspiration updating my newly purchased 60's home
Hey all, I need some help and insight into what might...
Can I get any help?
I've posted on here twice and haven't gotten a response...
Bathroom Tiles
Hello :) I need some help regarding my bathroom...