thehube
January 27, 2012 in Photo Questions
Looks very nice! Where is your cable box, dvd, etc and how did you hide all of your wires for them? Thanks!
tracyintn
I have this same set up-the DVR box fits into those cabinets down below and the wires for the cable and tv go through a hole behind the tv and come out where the dvr box is housed.
February 5, 2012 at 7:16am   
jssoja
Exactly. Cabinet to left holds all.
May 13, 2012 at 11:08am   
jssoja
Plus a remote 'eye' sits on top of counter so doors to cabinet can stay closed.
May 13, 2012 at 11:12am   
Julie Williams Design
yes, as listed above, equipment is in the cabinet on the left which was custom designed to hold the clients equipment.
June 19, 2012 at 7:01pm   
drew
Does the equipment get too hot in the cabinet? I'm having a mantel built that I can actually put the components inside of and the front will open/close. I'm a little worried about ventilation though.
June 28, 2012 at 6:44am   
Julie Williams Design
This cabinet has plenty of air flow around it as it is quite large. You will need to make sure your equipment specs are followed and may need to provide air vents.
June 28, 2012 at 8:56am   
Katie Elizabeth
jssoja- how does a "remote eye" work? We are currently trying to solve this same dilemma right now and I am not very tech savy. Thanks!
July 29, 2012 at 4:22pm   
hendrbr
They're more commonly called an IR Repeater. You can search for them on Amazon or Monoprice.com. Basically there's a little receiver (eye) you mount somewhere in the open, and then a wire goes to a little box. That little box then repeats all of the signals from any remote and sends them back out via wires to IR 'blasters'. These are little pieces that you'll stick on the front of your DVR, stereo, DVD player, etc. Be aware that some models don't work very well with certain cable boxes/DVRs, so just be sure you get one that's compatible with what you have.
August 7, 2012 at 9:23am     
Katie Elizabeth
Thank you so much, hendrbr. We were really trying to figure out how to make this all work.. and not super technical savvy.
August 7, 2012 at 3:27pm     
HELP!! Decorating for the first time!! (Living room)
Hi, i recently decided that i have to decorate my new...
New Closet
I've just added a partial wall that will shape a nook...
Help with my living room
Hi everyone who can help. This is my third time putting...
What kind of porch will make this house 'homey looking'?
Need to decide what to do with the front exterior prior...
NEW FRONT DOOR COLOUR
HELP, I have no idea what colour to paint my front...