to paint or not to paint?
Susan Mccarthy
I want to paint my side entry door but wondering if I would need to paint garage doors to match?
Side entry and garage should have the same color.
January 8, 2014 at 5:56AM   
Bravehart Building
This may be an unpopular comment, but I will 'put it out there' for consideration anyway:
I like to see all trim and all doors have the same or complementary colours.

So, if you paint the side door and the garage door, does the trim then stay white surrounding those areas? (I think not)

Then, if the doors and door trim are painted a colour, should the trim on all windows - and house fascia stay white or match the colour? (I think you have to match the colour)

If I were you, I would take your house photo and do colour overlays, showing a colour for the doors, the trim and the fascia (leaving the columns and the railing white- although those could be a colour too)
OR
I would leave everything white as is. It looks nice, clean and fresh in white anyway.

Usually, the only time that a single door is painted, and the remainder of the house (garage doors, trim) stays white, is when you have a centre hall house style. The centre door is painted a colour.
January 8, 2014 at 7:39AM   
POLL: Which is your side of the bed?
People sometimes stake claims to their side of the...
where can I put a microwave?
any ideas on where I can put a microwave in this tiny...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...
Help on ideas for my entryway.
This is a very old farmhouse that has been remodeled....
Door design
Hi! We're building an addition in the back of our...