What is this called?
Kyle Robert
January 9, 2014 in Design Dilemma
This level is half below ground and half above. Behind the pine panel walls is concrete and insulation. The top of the pine is a ledge. What are these walls called? I tried googling them and barely find anything. I looked up half wall ledge and barely get any results.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Walk-out basement? If there are doors that open onto ground level it is a walk-out.
January 9, 2014 at 8:14PM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kyle Robert
Sorry. I meant what is this half wall called? And we still have a basement off this level
January 9, 2014 at 8:20PM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Wainscot is the trim idea, but in an underground or part underground area I think the "bumpout" behind it is part of the foundation and footings. Maybe a contractor will chime in & say.
January 10, 2014 at 2:41AM   
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Front entry is BLAAAA.....need help!
Hi. I need help with my entry. I have a 4x4 round grey...
Leaking verandah floor!
Our house is steel frame with cement boards on the...
counter stools with or without backs
My island and ding room are vertical to each other...
Kitchen Backsplash
i need help in choosing a backsplash for my kitchen...
Need help for a screened rear porch
Would like to remodel and update the rear screened...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™