What type of nightstand to look for?
katbarnes231979
We are re-doing our master bedroom when we move into our new house in a month. We have a dark wood sleigh bed with a long dresser and i found bedding that i think i like. We need night stands - I'm reading that they shouldn't be "matchy-matchy" but I don't know what to even look for. So I don't want dark wood or black....I'm thinking about maybe painting whatever I find in a coordinating color like a grey. The bedding is grey and white and most likely i will paint a darker grey accent wall behind the bed. Maybe white curtains. I want the room to be very calming, peaceful, etc. Any other suggestions?? What do you think of these tables - maybe if they were painted?
I'd also like a little reading area with a chair, table and leaning mirror. What kinds of fabrics/prints should I be looking for for the chair?? Thanks a million!!
lauramba07
I have this exact bedding in my guest room. I too, did not want it to be 'matchy matchy'. I have a rattan headboard with black end tables. The walls are lime green (sounds weird, I know), but it's not too bright and looks amazing. Prob not quite the calming effect you want. Haha. The pillows on my bed are dark brown, lime green and red with a red throw at the foot of the bed. The curtains are a dark brown with subtle print that has all the other colors of the room to tie everything together. Pairing yellow with this would give a more calming effect. I would be careful purchasing a chair with a print. The bedding is a neutral print, but is quite large. Maybe a chair in a dark brown or charcoal color with a small pinstripe? Then add a fun pillow for style and interest?? Good luck!
0 Likes   January 10, 2014 at 8:57PM
emls
Have you considered a "mirrored" type nightstand?
Our guest bedroom has an upholstered bed in a pale textured gray fabric, a dark wooden dresser, the linens and curtains are all in grays and purples and the nightstands I ordered a few weeks ago are from Lillian August. There are alot of reasonably priced copies of these nightstands at HomeGoods, Pier 1 Imports, etc.

0 Likes   January 10, 2014 at 9:27PM
katbarnes231979
My husband hated those tables that I had found and my guess would be he wouldn't care for a mirrored table....back to the drawing board!
I see why so many people just buy the whole matching set :-)
0 Likes   January 11, 2014 at 9:40AM
The tables are great, but kind of on the Art Deco style and your furniture is traditional.

I suggest something in the gray tones that you like, but not painted and more traditional in shape.

This one:

0 Likes   January 11, 2014 at 9:49AM
to give light into a bedroom!!!
its a rectangular bedroom, but the window are not directly...
lulublue82
Need ideas for the living room
Any ideas on decorating this living room are appreciated...
Mayola Antony
Need Help With Hanging Paintings
Moved from a larger house into a smaller 2BR condo....
luvinlex
How can we improve the look of this fireplace?
When we bought the house everything in it was monochromatic....
cmaddy
How to deco living room?
Hello , I am working on deco my living room . Today...
Flo Huebert