We need help accessorizing!
HomeScapes San Diego
This is a recent home staging project - everyone from the real estate agent, to the homeowner, to the movers and home stager had strong opinions on how this room should be staged. Here are some of the alternatives that we went through during the staging. If you look closely at the photos you'll see some subtle (& not so subtle) differences in the photos. What do you think this room needs, what are it's strong points & which photo/s appeal to you. We'd love the feedback!
HomeScapes San Diego
Here's one more look using a mirror over the sofa and no coffee table
January 10, 2014 at 11:38PM     
Jessica Eanes
I prefer this look however the lone chair is oddly placed.
January 10, 2014 at 11:51PM        Thanked by HomeScapes San Diego
HomeScapes San Diego
I agree, from this angle it looks too close to the fireplace
January 10, 2014 at 11:54PM     
HomeScapes San Diego
one more view…I liked this better but with the throw moved to the side where it didn't look so staged and replacing one of the pillows on the couch with another one - the two matching pillows look too "matchy" too me
January 10, 2014 at 11:57PM   
I prefer photo #4. The pillows/toss do not seem so staged and "matchy". The cocktail table accessories are best that way as well. But, I do think the art above the sofa is 1 or 2 inches too low. BTW, beautiful staging work! It'll go. :)
January 11, 2014 at 12:12AM     
chookchook2
Is a bit busy.
January 11, 2014 at 12:14AM     
2dogssashatess
number 4 is the best option but I hate the artwork
January 11, 2014 at 12:37AM     
HomeScapes San Diego
I also agree with twodogs - not my favorite artwork - we have one other painting I like much better that is an abstract seascape that I'll post a photo of - the project is ongoing so we can still make changes - what do you think of the coffee table?
January 11, 2014 at 12:45AM     
2dogssashatess
I don't really like the coffe table, I would have gone for an oval, glass topped one without wheels. I think the console table made out of a log looks weird and out of place
January 11, 2014 at 1:18AM     
Have you tried facing the sofa towards the fireplace, giving the room a rotation? Please no fake flowers, and I hate the staged placemats, glasses, and napkins with rings.
January 11, 2014 at 1:53AM        Thanked by HomeScapes San Diego
2dogssashatess
The plant in the corner (next to that log table I cannot stand) ,is too short IMHO. I would have a tall plant there
January 11, 2014 at 2:38AM        Thanked by HomeScapes San Diego
dfg34hjk
I would use the fireplace as a focal point, by placing the couch against the opposite wall. Maybe two side chairs to the side of the fireplace. Large oval (fancy) mirror on the art wall, with a more simple console table below. I always feel that magazines or books on the table give a nice vibe!
January 11, 2014 at 2:42AM        Thanked by HomeScapes San Diego
dfg34hjk
Maybe some lamps too!
January 11, 2014 at 2:43AM      Thanked by HomeScapes San Diego
2dogssashatess
If I was someone inspecting that house, I would be referring to it as "That house with the weird log table"...
January 11, 2014 at 2:58AM        Thanked by HomeScapes San Diego
lc29
It looks a bit cramped, I'd loose the log table even if it is an interesting piece. Face the sofa towards the fireplace, pull the chair away from the fire place more, lose the end table and get a glass and metal sofa table to put behind the sofa with the lamp. The glass won't take up as much space visually and the lamp was too short for the end table. I like the coffee table, just worried it might be a bit big for the space and if it it didn't have the solid lower shelf it would look a lot "lighter".
January 11, 2014 at 4:39AM        Thanked by HomeScapes San Diego
sunnydrew
I was taught the couch on the shortest wall will make the room appear larger/wider. Not sure which is which by photos. I think the couch should face the fireplace. The log table is beautiful, but perhaps too unique in this space and could be a distraction. have you tried it on the wall where the couch is with chairs? I don't like the red flowers and that particular photo would not be good for marketing. I don't care for the picture above the couch and think 2 vertical prints, less obtrusive, would be better. I would like to see what else you can do.
January 11, 2014 at 5:19AM        Thanked by HomeScapes San Diego
katypaints
I love this room, fireplace and most of decor, seems fresh to me. But The blue vase of flowers is dated looking, the throw should be removed totally as old fashioned looking (even though we all love to use them). The pillows are a little too matchy and tulips are too low. Try the grey pillows in a shade of camel/tan. I can't tell how much room there really is but I understand the use of the heavy log table and the coloring, you are balancing the weight of the opposite wall of the fireplace AND not too matchy matchy. I think it is smart and adds to the room. Not usually a fan of mixing woods but sure softens and compliments the granite counter. The chair can be moved easily so no biggy. Love the table seashells and candles or something similar and contemporary. (I am a stager and retired Realtor!)
January 11, 2014 at 5:38AM        Thanked by HomeScapes San Diego
saratogaswizzlestick
I like the room and like the texture and interest as well as balance that the log table gives. I like the third picture. I like to see the table set. It brings the color across the room. I don't like the blue flowers, they do look dated. The lantern on the floor looks like a tripping hazard. The wall color is perfect and brings out the granite. I like the coffee table. The room looks modern and welcoming and that is the name of the game.
January 11, 2014 at 6:18AM        Thanked by HomeScapes San Diego
Sustainable Dwellings
I like the room. In the third photo from the left, my eye is drawn to it's personality. It is an unexpected use of the rustic wood table that seems to flow with the rock fireplace. It is like having Sam Elliott and George Clooney in the same room... so many choices to enjoy!
January 11, 2014 at 6:54AM        Thanked by HomeScapes San Diego
indianpatti
I like the last picture of your first posts best. The large floral piece is gone from the table and it just looks more homey, lived in & less staged.
January 11, 2014 at 6:59AM        Thanked by HomeScapes San Diego
Need help to accessorize and help to choose curtain
Need help to choose curtains color,design, and material...
Need help accessorizing a clean but dated bathroom.
We just bought a house and won't have the budget to...
Need help accessorizing kitchen space with feminine and shabby chic flair
I am trying to accessorize my breakfast nook and kitchen...
Need help to accessorize my living and enterence tables
Need help for curtain design,color and material and...
need help with accessorizing bathroom
small bathroom approximately 10ft by 7 ft. need help...
Need to replace the windows to more contemporary
How do I make this more of a curb appeal? Would it...
Would you paint wall and cathedral ceilings the same?
Thinking of grey. Also need to paint the fireplace...
Paint? Or not?
What should i do to update kitchen and family room?...
Ultra-modern style for empty Master Bedroom walls
Just got rid of Queen Anne mahogany poster bedroom...
Need help with living room arrangement
My husband and I received our new apartment and had...