Need to buy new furniture and need placement ideas
dkdyche
Please help with new furniture and placement
Rina
Hi. Great-looking room. Can you provide pics of the other three angles? It's particularly important for thinking about placement. It'd also be good to know how you use the room (eg TV watching? sitting around reading and talking? entertaining?) and whether there are small children in the equation.
January 11, 2014 at 4:50am     
You have a good start with the leather chair and the items on the mantel.
January 11, 2014 at 5:40am     
julielauer
Your paint color is gorgeous
January 11, 2014 at 5:45am     
chookchook2
Yes, will there be a TV.
January 11, 2014 at 6:33am   
inkwitch
Depends on your lifestyle. Do you need a sofa impervious to dogs and small children or do you host football parties for the guys? A leather sofa is a bit much leather in any one room. One of those industrial cart coffee tables on wheels goes to the rustic, and I can see one in this room, but your style may be more polished. Need more info.
January 11, 2014 at 6:48am     
dkdyche
Ok, I will send more pics, but from this angle, You see those two windows? Floor length drapes or hunter douglas shades or both? I like looking out but maybe side panels? Should I place large banana tree I have in that corner or sitting are? Tv is on wall to the right on the wall so if you are sitting in chairs in that corner, you will not see TV, Ok or not?
January 11, 2014 at 4:22pm   
If you're considering a sectional, look at the bi-sectional so you can flip the chaise from side to side for a more flexible arrangement. Wicker Park Loft Adrienne DeRosa Photography © 2013 Houzz
January 11, 2014 at 7:41pm     
bryght.com
Hi, I love your mantle / fireplace, it is a beautiful focal point for your living room, I have picked a few pieces from Bryght that I think would really compliment the colors in your space. I would place the Long Island Sectional (in brown leather) on the right hand side of the fire place, I would position 2 Polo Armchairs & in beige directly across from that, to tie back into the brown leather of the sofa you could place 2 Polo Ottomans in brown leather in front of the armchairs. To complete the seating area I would add the Strip Coffee Table and add a plush area rug and some colorful decorative pieces.

For more ideas and product information www.bryght.com
January 11, 2014 at 7:59pm   
Rina
That's beautiful furniture, Bryght. Dkdyche -- just to comment on having chairs facing away from the TV: no problem at all, in my opinion, as long as you have enough conveniently placed seating for the number of people who will normally be watching TV together. For an occasional large TV-watching gathering, the Big Game or whatever, you can always move things around temporarily as those are by nature informal occasions.
January 11, 2014 at 8:56pm   
Rina
And on curtains -- I think the room deserves them. I think something like these would work, though I wouldn't puddle them. I'd take them from the height of the wall on the right to just an inch or two above the floor, on a single rod that turns the corner -- even if you just hang one to the left of each window.
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Traditional-Damask-Grommet-84-inch-Curtain-Pair/6753162/product.html?refccid=O4PMWP6FXOHIBV2JKQCHX6G4BE&searchidx=97
January 11, 2014 at 9:37pm   
need to buy new furniture and need placement ideas
I am replacing all furniture so think of blank slate....
need new furniture with ideas for color, placement and drapes.
Colors and buying new furniture. TV is on east wall....
Help me decide what furniture to buy, sectional, one...
Need help with placement & buying new furniture
Our family of 5 recently moved into this home. We have...
Our family of 5 recently moved into this home. We...
Need help with headboard design
Want to build/design a headboard that goes between...
Ugly bed dilemma
My in-laws gave us their old bed frame to use in our...
advice on bathroom flooring
Is travertine okay to use on a bathroom floor? Can...
Entry Way Help Needed
Trying to get new ideas for the entryway. The left...
Weirdo kitchen layout - how do I open this up?
Hi there! I have yet another question - this one...