farmtohome
January 28, 2012 in Photo Questions
What size are the subway tiles? Is the herringbone the same tile as the field tile?
Thank you.
Julie
Dresser Homes
Yes, the herringbone insert is the same as the field tile. They are 2" x 4".
January 28, 2012 at 1:35pm     
Specialty Tile Products
Hi Julie! This tile is Sonoma Tilemakers, Stellar, in creamy crackly 2x8. Specialty Tile sells it in Orlando & Atlanta & Tampa & Savannah. If you need an alternate city you can look them up at www.sonomatilemakers.com.
April 10, 2012 at 9:06am   
farmtohome
Thank you. Ironically, I ended up with Sonoma tile in a 2x4 stellar ( no crackle) and I love it;) I should upload photos. Tile, cabinets, appliances and counters are all in, just need to decide on appliance pulls and knobs. I ordered the tile through davinci marble in San Carlos, Ca.
April 10, 2012 at 10:04am   
phiwwy
I love this backsplash and pattern. Do you thinkit could be done with a 2x5 tile as well?
November 4, 2012 at 6:35am   
Jamie Herzlinger
Yes, 2" x 5" will work as well
November 4, 2012 at 6:55am   
phiwwy
The tile looks almost irridescent. It's just gorgeous. Any where to buy in in New England/Boston area? Thanks! This could be my answer.
November 4, 2012 at 6:34pm   
Specialty Tile Products
http://www.sonomatilemakers.com/ShowRooms.aspx
This website lists all authorized Sonoma retailers. It's a wonderful company to support with your purchase... all their ceramics are made in the USA!
November 5, 2012 at 7:10am   
Robin Goodrich
I love the sonoma stellar tiles but had them quoted and it's a bit pricey. If anyone knows of a more affordable option similar to these with the ceramic glaze, please let me know!
February 11, 2013 at 8:07am     
bbyblmrs
Shop around. I got three different quotes. The cheapest was half the price of the most expensive.
February 18, 2013 at 4:35am   
erikasuhandynata
Hi! Can someone please clarify the size of the subway tile? Dresser Homes mentioned it's a 2x4 but the then the tile shop said it's 2x8. Thank you!
March 19, 2013 at 12:34pm   
Dresser Homes
@eriksuhandynata: I blew up the picture to look at it more closely, and it turns out the tiles and 2x6. The range is 48" wide and there are exactly 8 tiles behind it.
Gary Dresser
Dresser Homes
March 19, 2013 at 12:42pm   
erikasuhandynata
@Dresser Himes: thanks!!!! That's what I thought too. But finding a 2x6 subway tiles might be a bit challenging. Thanks for the info though... Appreciated!
March 19, 2013 at 6:31pm   
Specialty Tile Products
Not if it's Sonoma Tilemakers!
March 19, 2013 at 11:09pm   
sairac
Can you tell me what size insert you would install over a 36" cooktop? TIA
April 3, 2013 at 7:03am   
Dresser Homes
@sairac. If there are wall cabinets flanking the 36" cooktop, I would probably make the insert 30" wide at most. That would leave 3" of tile on each side (outside the border). As far as the height goes, I would keep the same 3" of tile outside the border on the top and bottom. You also should keep in mind the size of the tikes you are using for the border. If they are 6", then the dimensions shd be a multiple of 6" so as to avoid a little cut piece.
You should have your contractor or tile installer draw the design on the drywall so you can visualize it.
Gary Dresser
Dresser Homes.
April 3, 2013 at 7:24am   
help! we ruined our house
We put on a black roof then sandblasted our cinder...
POLL: What is your yard like?
What is the current state of affairs for your own backyard?...
co-ordinating lighting products for open space
We need some mini pendants, a small chandelier and...
Bowled over by estimates for our kitchen renovation
Our home was built around 1950 and is a traditional...