One and half story home with planning problem for future kids rooms.
torijacobs89
We are moving to a one and half story home. The bottom level has a mud room leads into the long living room with many windows.
In the living room on the one wall are windows the opposite wall has a small opening to a super small open room another door leading into our master bed with on suite bath with also leads out to the main bath door going into the living room. In between these two doors is another door leading upstairs. The kitchen is closed off to the side.
Upstairs is an open room with a built in closet but is not closed off as a room yet. On the other side of the split wall is a closed off room with a closet.

Our problem is even if we only have two children we have no clue where to put them. There are two rooms upstairs potentially but the stairs are super steep and slippery. Our room is super small downstairs yet we could knock the wall leading into to that small area downstairs to expand our room but will we need that space for kids? Help
I'll send plans later. Thanks again.
If you want to tackle this properly, I'd suggest you find a local architect who specializes in this type of remodeling. Sounds like you have many options, but a pro would be able to tell what will and won't work.
January 11, 2014 at 8:21pm   
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
Please do post the plans, but I agree that this sounds like a project for a local pro in you area.
January 11, 2014 at 9:30pm   
Awkward living room
Any design advice would be greatly appreciated! We...
Ceramic hob vs Induction hob
I'll be renovating my kitchen for my new house and...
Crown Moldings Low Ceilings
We have a house built in 1950 with ceiling heights...
Furniture placement in living room!
Hi all! My husband and I have been working on lots...
Advice for painting a bedroom navy/indigo
I am thinking of painting the master bedroom a dark...