Is that a microwave above the dryer.What is that used for?
Phil Coggeshall
January 11, 2014 in Photo Questions
Jennifer Grant
It looks like one but not positive if it is or not.

Sometimes you will encounter an arrangement with the washer/dryer located in the kitchen. Definitely not MY ideal arrangement but sometimes it can't be helped.
January 11, 2014 at 7:51pm     
Jennifer Grant
Not sure if this space is a kitchen or not just thinking that it's possible it could be.
January 11, 2014 at 7:51pm   
cmarquardt1
The previous owners of our home had their microwave in the laundry room as well...they were worried about health effects from a microwave...I am not sure how it is any safer in a laundry room? In my home, a bigger and more likely safety hazard would be tripping over dirty laundry with hot soup! So of course, I relocated the microwave to the kitchen.
January 12, 2014 at 8:35am     
Phil Coggeshall
That was a great and humorous response!
January 12, 2014 at 7:25pm     
Beau-Port Kitchens
It was purely because the customer wanted a microwave but did not envisage using it very often. There was not enough space in the kitchen for it to be nicely incorporated so we put it in the customers utility/laundry room which is just off of the kitchen. Not too far for an appliance that wasn't going to be used very often.

If you have a look at the rest of the kitchen project photos you can kind of see why there wasn't much space left for a nice integration into the kitchen and that the utility is not that far away.

In regards to the health effects of microwaves, these days they are made to much safer standards than previous generations. That said, if you're worried about them just don't stand right in front of them.

Hope this helps.
January 13, 2014 at 2:23am     
snyder2002
Hey there old neighbor! Will you be at the Home Show this year? Hope to see you there! I'm addicted to Houzz! Tracy Snyder
February 2, 2014 at 1:54pm   
Phil Coggeshall
Oops just finally say your message, sorry. No decided not to do the show again this year. Just doesn't generate the leads like it used to. How are you guys doing?
February 23, 2014 at 6:27pm   
Grey paint color question!
I was wondering what Grey color paint or paints are...
Quest for the right mirrored nightstands
I've posted before about finding the right nighstands...
Lighting and fan on vaulted ceiling
My sons room is getting a makeover now that he is 14...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...