dopresnik
January 29, 2012 in Photo Questions
We purchased a town home in the Lincoln park, Chicago area and plan on adding a 5th bump out to the front of the home and would go up to the second floor and third floor (for a walk in closet). Wears considering using cedar because it is cheaper then metal. Are there other types of materials out there that you could recommend that would be cost effective and not require a lot (if any) of maintenance and upkeep?
SPACE Architects + Planners
Ipe is another great option, brazilian walnut. it fades like cedar, but is mold and rot proof.
James Hardie siding is also great, when properly applied.
January 29, 2012 at 7:08am   
Traci Rolz
Why not post photos of your actual house to give readers better idea of what you are trying to do?
January 29, 2012 at 9:31am   
dopresnik
Thanks for the suggestions SPACE I will check out the materials. Love the idea of brazilian wood but sounds very expensive. I will take photos before the rehab starts. I apoligize for the typos in my "question" but this will be a bump out/addition (not 5th) to extend the first and second floor. We still have to figure out how the third floor bump out will look i don't want it to look awkward from the outside. Maybe once you see photo you might have some more ideas. Thanks again!
January 29, 2012 at 7:58pm   
How far do I tile my front entry?
My front entry is 5 feet wide and about 11 feet long...
Please help me lighten up my living room
I want to update my great room. I feel it is too dark....
POLL: Do you have an Inspiration Board - Yes or No
Being surrounded by work that inspires is such an important...
Your biggest layout pet peeve?
We've all got them. What's your biggest pet peeve...
POLL: Kitchen-centric or Outdoor-centric?
Which space is your favorite? Can you believe this...