New bath bedroom
katdick
ok here goes-I am enlarging my bedroom and turning current closet bath into one large fbathroom. First pic is of the shower area which I am thinking of installing recycled granite on back wall and glass on front and door with the side wall a different tile running from the shower walls out to tub wall area. The new his/hers vanity is L shaped with dressing area in the corner of the L. The tub is opposite a 4'by 5' new window that looks at my pasture. My question is vanity cabinets design. I am thinking of putting the dressing area in the corner of the L sink on one side sink on the other side. My bedroom is being enlarged to put a 6' patio door and a 5' window on one wall so as to look at the pool. Floor maybe wood maybe tile not sure as it feeds into the bathroom. The sixe of the bedroom is 17' by17' color scheme need ideas -before was deep purple. the bedroom furniture is a blonde wood with the headboard having a light tan leather inlay .The rest of the house is painted a taupe with white trim Ideas please .
A floor plan would be helpful.
January 13, 2014 at 11:00am     
katdick
ok Here is one I drew up. I have also attached the samples for the bathroom tile for floor tile for back of shower possibly side walls too or floor tile be side walls wall behind tub can be floor tile or tile that use for back of shower. I am thinking of marble or silestone top for vanity neutral color and paint the cabinets a putty color or stain the cabinets or can do a dark counter top as I am using black smooth rock for shower floor and surrounding bottom of tub in a s formation .Ideas
January 13, 2014 at 2:54pm   
smileyface2013
Ivory walls with pale teal/spa for towels and throw rug. Ultra clean and modern.
January 13, 2014 at 3:00pm   
katdick
what should the top of the vanity be and color of cabinets? The bathroom flows to bedroom and I am thinking of doing hardwood floors and an accent color on wall that the bed is on which faces the bathroom on the right side of the bed is a five ft window and patio door that leads to the pool and spa. thank you for being so helpful
January 13, 2014 at 3:15pm   
smileyface2013
I know it's really hard with so many choices. Honestly, the best thing I can suggest is for you to look at lots of bathroom photos by professional designers on this site, and collect the ones you like, and after collecting about 20 or so photos, you will begin to see which color and material combinations you like best. I've done that for 2 bathrooms with great success. It does take a lot of thought and time, but you will end up with your own style that way.

I wish I had done it with my kitchen years ago, because I know the choices I made would have been more to my own style and not just what someone else suggested when I was without direction.
January 13, 2014 at 3:23pm     
smileyface2013
I also should add that Houzz didn't exist when I redid my kitchen, and so I didn't have access to literally hundreds of examples of quality design.
January 13, 2014 at 3:26pm   
New master bedroom and bath
Ihave no details but I seem to be gravitating towards...
New pool leads to bedroom, bath, powder room overhaul...help!
So we put a new inground pool in the backyard and we...
New color for bedroom and bath
Am on my fifth paint color for bedroom and bath......
New design for master bedroom/bath
I just moved into a new 3-bedroom, 1-bath house and...
Yay or Nay? Indoor fairy lights
Are you a fan of using fairy lights indoors? The twinkle...
kitchen backsplash - votes for color and size
Which is the best option for my kitchen backsplash?...
A trend that should end
Are there any interior design trends at the moment...
Chair to go with dining table
I can't decide if this chair looks good with my trestle...
Redo Coastal Living Room
I have ordered a new white slipcovered sofa and two...