Bathroom Renovation
nubeer
January 13, 2014 in Design Dilemma
Hi I'm working on my master bathroom renovation. It's 10' w x 5' h. I know it is small to be a master bathroom but that is the original size that came with the house and I don't want to lose my walk In closet space :) We would like to add 2 sinks in the corner of the bathroom. My question is I don't want to use swing door because it just take so much space that we don't really have. I would like to use wall mount hanging door because it is cheaper than pocket door. Can I have some advice for it? Is any type of sliding door that soundproof?? Thank you
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Jennifer Blanchard
I am also renovating a small master bath, about the same size, and I am going to do a barn door for the same reason. Search on houzz for barn door bathroom and you'll find lots of examples. I am not sure how soundproof it will be but in my case the bathroom is off the bedroom so the bedroom door provides the greater privacy from the rest of the house.
January 13, 2014 at 11:39am        Thanked by nubeer
nubeer
My problem about using the barn door is because I usually shower really late at night and my bf is already sleep so he wants something soundproof so it doesn't bother him at night (or I should change my shower schedule lol)
January 13, 2014 at 12:16pm   
picasso58
I think a barn door would be heavier than the standard bath door or you would have an option of selecting a solid door. I don't think any doors really muffle the sound too well I have a solid wood door and my daughters room next to mine does as well. At night when its quiet I can hear her typing on the computer keyboard. I will admit I have good hearing but that's my experience as far as privacy by door goes
June 9, 2014 at 9:21pm   
PRO
Uncommon Doors
If you are looking for sound resistance then a barn door is out of the question. A pocket door would be a little better.
June 9, 2014 at 9:26pm