What kind of lamp (lamps) should I put here?
dev18
Height wise I feel like a lamp that is the same height as the vase would compete with it... :-/
theskip
I'd get a larger mirror to balance the scale. Then go with a larger lamp.
January 14, 2014 at 10:41am     
abbyjean
Try placing the vase and flowers to the right of the mirror once for me. Turn the basket underneath the other way, so the handles are front and back instead. Do you NEED a lamp here or just think one could look nice there?
January 14, 2014 at 10:45am     
CJ's Home Decor & Fireplaces
A larger mirror would be a great idea to really set off this space. Also, the right lamp can do wonders for any space. Here are some pictures from our website that might help you in your search.
Ps: We are here to help. Any questions that you have, please ask.
http://www.cjshearthandhome.com/dimond-farmhouse-light-fixture/ for the first lamp
All of the other lamps are on our site if you need links i can provide them for you.
January 14, 2014 at 10:50am   
dev18
Thank you everyone! I ended up realizing that I had a brand new mirror in my garage. It's small but if I put a large mirror would that still look ok scale wise? Also I took away the basket all together but it will remember the handle thing if I decide to put it back. An yes to needing a lamp, there is no fixture in the space.
January 14, 2014 at 4:49pm   
armygirl1987
See if this helps some
January 14, 2014 at 5:09pm     
abbyjean
Will the flowers fit underneath now? If you prop the mirror on the table, is it way tooo low to use?
January 14, 2014 at 5:47pm   
mcbmd3
Get a larger mirror, center the console, then get a tall slim lamp.
January 14, 2014 at 5:50pm   
dev18
Could I do the large mirror with the same lamp? I really like this lamp! Here's a pic with the vase to the right
January 14, 2014 at 6:38pm   
abbyjean
This mirror and this lamp do not work together.......see all the wall space and how the lamp is at the bottom of the mirror? It doesn't work to use the flowers to fill in the wall space as it just makes another tall object below a small mirror. The flowers and the lamp are too similar in height and size. I do like that lamp, too!!! It is a good size for your table. It is the mirror and the flowers that are not good.
January 14, 2014 at 6:49pm   
dev18
So if I get a larger mirror that reaches near to the table then will it work with the lamp?
January 14, 2014 at 6:53pm   
abbyjean
I think so. Do you have a large piece of art that you could put ON the table right now, maybe even turned backwards, just so we can look at the size and see what we think?
January 14, 2014 at 6:59pm   
abbyjean
Typically 6-8 inches is good to place things over a table. Sometimes it works to have a lamp overlap a mirror, but you may want a tall skinny mirror.
January 14, 2014 at 7:00pm   
shredder1952
Can you turn the mirror horizontally, though I think it might still be too small for the wall. Also, why does the vase have to be there? Is there another place in the room, or another room in which to place the vase? How about a slim floor lamp next to the table?
January 14, 2014 at 7:09pm   
dev18
Dunno if this picture is big enough to scale with... Also I really like the vase I think it would be bare with out it no?
January 14, 2014 at 7:31pm   
abbyjean
This art almost looks the same size as the mirror, or my proportions are off with it and the wall. So let's go back to the mirror......if you were to hang it 8 inches above the table, to the side just the way you have the art on the table now, can you see yourself in it the right way? Enough of you? Are you eyes halfway up the mirror?
January 14, 2014 at 7:36pm   
dev18
It's bigger but it's not good lighting and it's not SO much bigger I suppose
January 14, 2014 at 8:01pm   
dev18
How does this look???
January 16, 2014 at 10:24am   
abbyjean
May I see THAT mirror with the other lamp and nothing else on the table?
January 16, 2014 at 10:31am   
Hi...my two cents! Try this... Please center the console on the wall. Then center the original mirror above the console hung about 2 inches lower than the first picture. Then, put the below basket slid far right to try to hide the plug/vent. Put the small lamp left of center, then the tray/round box right of center (nothing in the middle). Then, remove the flowers/vase completely. Please post a photo! I'm dying to see if that works. :)
January 16, 2014 at 10:38am   
What kind of Mantel should I put here?
Mantel ideas on a rough stone fireplace. ...AND should...
What kind of window treatments should I put here?
I am looking for window treatments suggestions for...
What is missing here? What should I put on walls? WOW FACTOR!
This is my dining room area which joins my living room....
What style light should I put here?
I followed advice given from helpful folks here and...
bath fixtures: chrome or burnished nickle?
Is chrome a desired finish again? My house is mostly...
What's your dream kitchen style?
Minimalist, farmhouse, traditional, rustic... Which...
living/dining makeover
My living/dining room is a mismatched cluttered mess...
whole house finishes
1988-doors, molding & trim in honey oak in all rooms....
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...