How to pick the correct color honeycomb shade?
libratravel
I have major sun issues and am in the process of getting some honeycombs for my kitchen to filter the sunlight. Will choosing a darker toned shade make a difference?
mfwolfe
The darker tone will only change the color that results from the sun shining through the shade. I believe the manufacturers websites tell you the light filtering capabilities of the various shades. I know Home Depot has those details on their in store displays.
1 Like   January 15, 2014 at 9:49AM
Adrian J. Naquin Interior Design L.L.C.
I would consider a few things
1. Assume this window faces west , which is the most problematic of sun exposures to address. I would : A. plant a 6'-7' scrub or tree just outside the window to mitigate the suns exposure and help filter the light. (low cost treatment) B. consider a more architecture treatment such as wood plantation shutters on the bottom of the window and softer drapery ( traditional on rod hanging down with valance or Austrian balloon shades in a printed fabric )to help filter the ( high) sunlight. The shutters would make it easier to address light coming in ( pleated shades or either up or down and lack the variations that shutters provide. As for color hard to tell what you have going on . Generally avoid the darker colors as the contrast could jump out and make the room seem smaller - white shutters and caramel drapery could work.or if there is a lack of warmth in the room use stained wood shutters and a lighter fabric with med. pattern.
1 Like   January 15, 2014 at 10:05AM
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
I personally would pick the one that aesthetically looks the best with your fabric and walls. Then you generally can get a higher degree of light filtration as suggested above.
0 Likes   January 15, 2014 at 10:06AM
Spotty ceiling?
Our new to us home has a walk in master closet that...
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
House plans
Looking for a house plan. But we can't find anything...
"What Chairs Would You Use" OR "How to Marry Chairs with Table"?
Since the table and chairs are both french and have...